ADVERTISEMENT

Tobias Larry Out Due To Discipline Issue

This is definitely a position we are thin at. Hopefully, it will be a short stint of being out.

I'm really surprised Brohm left 2018 scholarships on the table and didn't sign a JuCo or transfer LB, especially after the success of TJ last year. Has anyone specifically asked him about this?

I'm really surprised Brohm left 2018 scholarships on the table and didn't sign a JuCo or transfer LB, especially after the success of TJ last year. Has anyone specifically asked him about this?
We had a juco committed, and then he had an injury and purdue walked. At that point, it was late in the game. Signing someone to sign someone is what Hazell did.

Also, i think we would have gotten the kid from WKU if he hadnt declared for the draft.

At this point we dont know how long, right? It could simply have been being late, improper dress code, major need for an attitude adjustment, etc.

We had a juco committed, and then he had an injury and purdue walked. At that point, it was late in the game. Signing someone to sign someone is what Hazell did.

Also, i think we would have gotten the kid from WKU if he hadnt declared for the draft.
Hazell was bad at recruiting. But signing enough players at each position to sustain a couple injuries is not a strategy unique to Hazell. But, knowing this staff, I do not think they were simply negligent. Maybe they looked at the available transfer market and saw the freshmen walk-ons as just as good of a stop gap solution for short term deep bench depth. I know very little about Tim Johns, Cade Morgan, Zach Randall, and Jones Asher. It appears Johns was a 2-star verbally committed to Army at one point and sizewise might be the most ready.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
What Brohm said today about his status of being on this team is not guaranteed, and he has to prove he wants to be a part of this team. We will see what happens with him I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT