ADVERTISEMENT

To Just Change the Vibe

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
I realize that it is really slow with Purdue football news right now, but do we realize that 4 of the top 5 discussion threads on here are about IU related football news. I have to break this vibe.

Let's talk about the excitement that Rondale being 100% healthy, Rondale and Bell playing together and what that is going to look like, will Maliq be our third consecutive BT Freshman of the Year, who is going to be the starting QB, are we going to get a grad transfer OL, DL or QB, etc.

How about who is going to be our next verbal for 2021?

I have heard it said that good receivers can make a halfway decent quarterback look good. I think we have all the parts to have a decent team. I think it comes down to line play, on both sides of the ball.

Unfortunately, we won't have a good idea on that front for some time. But last year's struggles (read that as experience albeit painful to watch) will start to pay off this year and next.

Line play and linebacker play. That’s what I am most interested in seeing. Will some of last year’s redshirts emerge?

Our OL play will be much better this year. I think we wiok have the 10th best like in the Big10 next year. The following year we could be in the top half. That means:
We will be able to run some on most teams
We will still struggle to run the ball against top competition
Our pass blocking will be solid, but not amazing
We still have a young OL
We still have a former walk-on

To be fair... we couldn’t run the clock out on Nevada last year. We were bad, but improved when Garvin and LG switched.
I think the improvement will be noticeable. We are still a ways away from having a very good OL

Reactions: Zaphod_B
I realize that it is really slow with Purdue football news right now, but do we realize that 4 of the top 5 discussion threads on here are about IU related football news. I have to break this vibe.

Let's talk about the excitement that Rondale being 100% healthy, Rondale and Bell playing together and what that is going to look like, will Maliq be our third consecutive BT Freshman of the Year, who is going to be the starting QB, are we going to get a grad transfer OL, DL or QB, etc.

How about who is going to be our next verbal for 2021?
If Carr were to win BT FotY, then PU is going to be snakebit with injuries again or they're going to be REALLY good offensively. AOC was impressive last year, hope he gets a scholarship, feel like he's earned it.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
If Carr were to win BT FotY, then PU is going to be snakebit with injuries again or they're going to be REALLY good offensively. AOC was impressive last year, hope he gets a scholarship, feel like he's earned it.
Brohm said in one of the interviews last week that he was on scholarship, if I heard right

Reactions: Zaphod_B and TMFT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT