ADVERTISEMENT

TJD works out for Pacers

Schmedly_Whiplash

Sophomore
Nov 5, 2022
when asked what impressed him the most about Davis coach Carlisle was heard to utter, "some of the finest flexing I've seen this side of the S.Carolina womens team".
Assistant coach Jenny Boucek went so far as to suggest that it was "Top 10 pick level flexing"
That's nigh on a guaranteed pick at #7 most iu fans assure us.

when asked what impressed him the most about Davis coach Carlisle was heard to utter, "some of the finest flexing I've seen this side of the S.Carolina womens team".
Assistant coach Jenny Boucek went so far as to suggest that it was "Top 10 pick level flexing"

All kidding aside, he might make a nice 2nd rounder for them. If he works out as a reserve, he could draw a few more fans.

Reactions: Bill4411
TJD would be an upgrade from some of their current off the bench bigs.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Not that that’s saying a ton. They were so bad that they put a guard at the 4 spot sometimes.
Most of the mock drafts are bizarre. Pacers need scoring at the 3 and rebounding, defense and scoring at the 4. Mock drafts have the Pacers selecting guards, guards, guards. Would like to see them get Grady Dick at 7. And 4’s at their other two first round picks. TJD would be ok at 26. Don’t wait until early second, 26 and 29 are basically same as 32. He could be gone by 32.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Maybe TJD can help the Pacers put up some banners, that he talked about doing for Indinia during his Ass Hall senior night speech and then couldn’t get it done. The water is nice, so why not.

Most of the mock drafts are bizarre. Pacers need scoring at the 3 and rebounding, defense and scoring at the 4. Mock drafts have the Pacers selecting guards, guards, guards. Would like to see them get Grady Dick at 7. And 4’s at their other two first round picks. TJD would be ok at 26. Don’t wait until early second, 26 and 29 are basically same as 32. He could be gone by 32.
I’ve seen more Walker, Hendricks or Whitmore at 7 than guards.

I am sure they probably also commented on how good we was going to his right.

Hopefully, whoever drafts him can set picks for him consistently on the left side.

Most pickers don't know squat about the Pacers. They've made it clear they are looking to package picks. Don't need 4 more rookies at this point in the rebuild. They want to trade several picks for an established 3 or 4 that can be a difference maker next year. 4 or 5 guys are likely gone from last years team.
I wouldn't use 26 on him, not convinced he'll be a rotation guy. He loses his power advantage at the next level and can't shoot well enough to make them not sag off. One trick pony.
I would take him at 32.

Do they have a middle second round pick. He might be worth taking a flyer on.

TJD is a solid player, but I dont think he devolops much more. He isn't a good shooter, or free throw shooter. I wouldn't waste a draft pick on him. If hes available after the draft, then sign him.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
TJD is a solid player, but I dont think he devolops much more. He isn't a good shooter, or free throw shooter. I wouldn't waste a draft pick on him. If hes available after the draft, then sign him.
He’s shown a nice outside shot in the workouts. Between that, his passing, rebounding and defense, he would be an upgrade for a lot of NBA teams’ benches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT