ADVERTISEMENT

Time to revisit the worst college football insight of all time from IU Rivals

amarcott

All-American
Sep 11, 2011
Remember this beauty?

It has aged hilariously. The IU Rivals guy was absolutely perplexed why a 4-star recruit chose Purdue, a team that was not good in 2020 over a team that was good in 2020. That was his entire logic before Strickland announced for Purdue.

So when Strickland announced his top-three, there was a feeling that, given the status of the programs involved, he would either choose Indiana or choose to leave the state altogether — which I discussed in a column earlier this month.

Guy paid to follow football recruiting thinks that is how recruiting works. The fact that Purdue is pumping a 3-and-done player to the NFL at the same position never crossed his mind? Or that Indiana's lead recruiter on the kid for years left and wound up at Purdue?

Indiana is on track to be, by far and away, the better program over the course of Strickland’s career.

I guess that's not technically untrue yet as Strickland's college career has yet to begin. 🤣

Look for Indiana to be, by far and away, better than Purdue 2022-2024/5, lmao. By the way, they graduate basically their entire team this year and remain in the Big Ten East where Michigan State has become elite again, and Maryland and Rutgers are both improving. They're literally the only team in the East that is regressing.

Indiana will likely beat up on Purdue for the majority of the years Strickland is on campus, but if a player has a coach he knows he can trust, he’s most likely going to take the guaranteed relationship.

What would the spread be if Purdue and IU played this week, Purdue -8?

Don't get me wrong, things can change fast in college football and maybe IU does surpass Purdue in the next couple of years. But that concept the other way around was absolutely lost on this Rivals reporter. What a bizarre article littered with wild claims that were destined to not hold up.

I'll probably be reposting this a lot, lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News