ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Brando

Took them 3/4 of the game to realize Purdue was the better team. Shaking my head.
Mike Decourcy still has not figured it out if you watched him postgame...he had Purdue behind Indiana going into the game, and, then updated it after the game and still had Purdue behind them?!?

• Wow
Reactions: Schnelk
After almost every IU foul, "You don't have to always call a foul."
Which was never stated after multiple phantom Purdue fouls, several that followed blatant no-calls of clear IU fouls...I mean Galloway ran Stefaovic over on a play with no call, and, no acknowledgment by other guy either...Galloway hammered Newman on a drive with no call, only to then have Galloway drive and Newman make no contact and be called for a foul despite it.

Williams was fouled three times on one possession, only to have the third one finally called, and, Donnie Marshall was puzzled somehow about the foul?!?

Last edited:
Which was never stated after multiple phantom Purdue fouls, several that followed blatant no-calls of clear IU fouls...I mean Galloway ran Stefaovic over on a play with no call, and, no acknowledgment by other guy either...Galloway hammered Newman on a drive with no call, only to then have Galloway drive and Newman make no contact and be called for a foul despite it.

Williams was fouled three times on one possession, only to have the third one finally called, and, Donnie Allen was puzzled somehow about the foul?!?
I'm thought the refs were bad, but pretty equal; however, the announcers were just horrible. How often does that happen?

Reactions: 3generboiler
I'm thought the refs were bad, but pretty equal; however, the announcers were just horrible. How often does that happen?
The refs are generally always bad, as, it is always the same guys...but, to your point, I would agree that in this case at least, the announcers were worse...they were flat out horrible as you said.

Reactions: PurdueDave
It seems like most play-by-play guys have turned into narrators -- they push narratives devised by their producers and directors, and miss or ignore half of what is happening in front of them. It's forced and annoying.
It's the nature of nearly all in media positions today. I can't think of one news "reporter" that actually reports the news anymore. Every one of them thinks I tuned in to hear a personal opinion.

Their bias didn’t bother me. But they sucked. Brando is fine but shouldn’t do big ten.
marshall should be unemployed

Reactions: PurdueDave
Was annoyed with Marshall defending TJD when he took a horrible shot vs a strong double, got the rebound, and then took the same shot, only to get a bailout call. Marshall was damn near praising TJD for making two poor decisions.

I may be wrong, but Brando had one error that was pretty bad. It was in the last two minutes when someone on Purdue committed a silly foul. Brando, to my knowledge, said the foul was on Phinisee and that was his fifth.....

Mike Decourcy still has not figured it out if you watched him postgame...he had Purdue behind Indiana going into the game, and, then updated it after the game and still had Purdue behind them?!?
I believe he is an IU grad.

It's gotten bad since some of the BIG games are on FS1 this year. The announcers don't know that players or the schools. Got tired of hearing Marshall say "what Indiana needs to do is..............".
I love how he was silent when we got called for fouls, but when IU got called, it was “let the kids play!”

If there was an easy way to sync up Rob and Buckets, I’d do it from now on if these 2 jokers are on the call.

It's gotten bad since some of the BIG games are on FS1 this year. The announcers don't know that players or the schools. Got tired of hearing Marshall say "what Indiana needs to do is..............".
Whatever it was that followed, if genuine, could have taken the entire telecast...or, it could have been as simple as "accept reality".

It's the nature of nearly all in media positions today. I can't think of one news "reporter" that actually reports the news anymore. Every one of them thinks I tuned in to hear a personal opinion.
had I read yours earlier, I wouldn't have felt the need to say the same thing.

had I read yours earlier, I wouldn't have felt the need to say the same thing.
I agree the announcers were not good. They really didn't know/recognize the players.

There is a device out there to synch up audio and video, I'm pretty sure.

I agree the announcers were not good. They really didn't know/recognize the players.

There is a device out there to synch up audio and video, I'm pretty sure.
THAT requires more effort than just ignoring them the best I can... I just want to know the calls...fouls etc. Things I may not be able to see or offers a judgement call

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
I honestly thought there were a few possessions when Purdue got away with infractions. There was one possession wherein three different players could have been called for a travel. For playing at Assembly Hall, I don't think you could have asked for more. Yeah, TJD got the star treatment and shot way too many FTs, but there were no DJ Byrd elbow moments that made me want to throw my TV out of the window.

I honestly thought there were a few possessions when Purdue got away with infractions. There was one possession wherein three different players could have been called for a travel. For playing at Assembly Hall, I don't think you could have asked for more. Yeah, TJD got the star treatment and shot way too many FTs, but there were no DJ Byrd elbow moments that made me want to throw my TV out of the window.
Ethan drug his foot once and so did TJD??? NO CALLS EITHER

I thought maybe I was imagining things and then I opened up this thread and thought; you guys are all spot on and about everything that bothered me about the broadcast you guys nailed it. I muted the TV at least a half dozen times. Glad we won or it would have been even more irritating. Proud of our guys! Boiler Up!

Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT