ADVERTISEMENT

Tiller, Chaney, Spack

boilers7740

All-American
Mar 22, 2004
Careful what you wish for. You just may get it!

Amazing where the program is at now compared to even the worst years then. But much of what is written now about the current staff was written about that staff at the end of their tenures. Just wild to think about how crazy that seems in hindsight.

Amazing where the program is at now compared to even the worst years then. But much of what is written now about the current staff was written about that staff at the end of their tenures. Just wild to think about how crazy that seems in hindsight.

Lots to consider in your post.

I recall, after the 1997 season I speculated how long it would take for some of the idiots to call for Tiller's head.

Some of them howled at the time.

Even during some of the trials and tribulations of our "mediocre" seasons I suggested patience and being rational. No dice.

The self-annointed experts demanded Chaney's head, said Tiller was incompetent and Burke should be fired.

They still don't get it.

I get what you are trying to say, but the comparison isn't apples to apples. Tiller had success where to date Hazell hasn't.

I'm usually one of the more optimistic people on here and will defend the staff and team until my eyes bleed, but even I can see that this staff needs to go.

Reactions: Bigohh
I always was of the opinion that it can get a lot worse than 7 wins a year. Unfortunately it has.

But if the self anointed experts wanted Burke gone in 2003, would the last decade of Purdue sports been much more enjoyable?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT