ADVERTISEMENT

Three-star CB decommits from Purdue

We were better last year as well. We had O Connell, Durham, and Jones on last years squad. Brohm inherited two starting level quarterbacks on that first team, Blough and Sindelar. That is a huge difference.
I feel like you will keep rehashing this so just agree to disagree. Neither Blough or Sindelar did anything until Brohm was their coach. Brohm basically turns every qb he gets into great qbs. If Brohm was here this year I would have fully expected Card or someone else to be good. That’s just what Brohm does.

I also think Brohm has 7 wins right now if he was our coach.

And won 7 other games. Nice name calling ;). Your a real forum tough guy.
Yes against a significantly easier schedule. Walters after all is said and done is going to finish with a whopping two less regular season wins. Now.. in year 3 and 4, he only has to win 6 of 18 games to equal your precious Jeff

Yes against a significantly easier schedule. Walters after all is said and done is going to finish with a whopping two less regular season wins. Now.. in year 3 and 4, he only has to win 6 of 18 games to equal your precious Jeff
And if he goes to the next two bowl games to equal Brohms 2 in his first three years I will be happy.

I feel like you will keep rehashing this so just agree to disagree. Neither Blough or Sindelar did anything until Brohm was their coach. Brohm basically turns every qb he gets into great qbs. If Brohm was here this year I would have fully expected Card or someone else to be good. That’s just what Brohm does.

Jack Plummer
Paul Piferi
Michael Alaimo
Brady Allen

Reactions: NVboiler
Isn’t he 10-1 as a starter this year? Plummer and O’Connell battled their first couple years, and Brohm chose and developed the right one. He has now turned Plummer into a pretty good qb too.

Oh pretty good is the bar?

"Brohm basically turns every qb he gets into great qbs"

Weird.

Oh pretty good is the bar?

"Brohm basically turns every qb he gets into great qbs"

Weird.
Lol ok well then Blough wasn’t great either. Or even O’Connell.

My bad for wording. Brohm can coach qbs and it doesn’t seem to matter who. From WK to Pur to Louis his qbs put up good numbers.

If he had been at Purdue this year we win more games and our qb performs better. I am pretty sure of that.

My bad for wording. Brohm can coach qbs and it doesn’t seem to matter who. From WK to Pur to Louis his qbs put up good numbers.

If he had been at Purdue this year we win more games and our qb performs better. I am pretty sure of that.
Just for reference

Card
Yds - 2112
Td - 12
Int - 8
Qbr- 44.6

Plummer
Yds- 2710
Td- 19
Int - 10
Qbr - 67.5

I keep rehashing it because it is the truth. Walters had zero 0 starting quarterbacks. So it was all Brohm and not the player? Got it.

Just for reference

Card
Yds - 2112
Td - 12
Int - 8
Qbr- 44.6

Plummer
Yds- 2710
Td- 19
Int - 10
Qbr - 67.5

No one was comparing Card to Plummer - nor Harrel's offense to Brohm's.

And Blough WAS actually pretty good under Hazel, about as good as anyone could be. Yes Brohm made him better, but he wasn't starting from 0 with Blough.

And we all watched Plummer for years at Purdue, he is a "fine" QB but doesn't make the team any better.

If Brohm had been at Purdue this year? Brohm left, why is that your take? He DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE. Go back to the IU board and pretend you know things there, it tends to fly better with that crowd.

Reactions: z_one
And if he goes to the next two bowl games to equal Brohms 2 in his first three years I will be happy.
Bowls would have been harder for brohm as well with coming schedules. What was 6-6 in 2018 might now be 5-7 or 4-8. I really hope you can look at next years schedule without denying that

Reactions: z_one
If Brohm had been at Purdue this year? Brohm left, why is that your take? He DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE. Go back to the IU board and pretend you know things there, it tends to fly better with that crowd.
It’s my take because I don’t think the problem is talent. We are vastly out talented by a few teams in the Big Ten. Everyone else we should be competitive with.

I don’t fault Brohm nor do I want him back now. He went home and I wish him well. I have an issue with people saying we have 3 freaking wins because of Brohm leaving Purdue without talent. This has been a poorly coached team this year.

Having said that I love the way Walters is recruiting. I love what he did defensively at Ill. I am not advocating for him to be fired even though i think we under achieved. He will and should get several years to prove himself and I want him to. We absolutely could have been in a bowl game this year with a good coach though.

Bowls would have been harder for brohm as well with coming schedules. What was 6-6 in 2018 might now be 5-7 or 4-8. I really hope you can look at next years schedule without denying that
Certainly bowls will get harder. But no matter who the coach is I am not going to be happy with 4 win seasons. They will likely always happen to Purdue occasionally but I don’t want that to be the norm or expectation.

Certainly bowls will get harder. But no matter who the coach is I am not going to be happy with 4 win seasons. They will likely always happen to Purdue occasionally but I don’t want that to be the norm or expectation.
I’m not happy with it either. It will become the reality for a lot of good coaches taking new jobs though. Matt Rhule probably only gets 5 wins if Iowa cares this weekend and he took over a lot more talent with a lot more nil support.

I’m not saying he’s been good. I’m just saying wait till next year which Purdue is going to do either way. If it’s 4 wins and looks like this I’ll be calling bs myself

Reactions: Beorik
I’m not happy with it either. It will become the reality for a lot of good coaches taking new jobs though. Matt Rhule probably only gets 5 wins if Iowa cares this weekend and he took over a lot more talent with a lot more nil support.

I’m not saying he’s been good. I’m just saying wait till next year which Purdue is going to do either way. If it’s 4 wins and looks like this I’ll be calling bs myself
Agree with that 100%. He is like 37 right? You shouldn’t hire someone that young in the Big Ten unless you are willing to give them time to grow.

If he holds this recruiting class together and stacks more on top of it he has a chance and I hope he does well.

Reactions: BCfanatic2020
Already making excuses for next year.

At least you beat Walters to it this time!

Agree with that 100%. He is like 37 right? You shouldn’t hire someone that young in the Big Ten unless you are willing to give them time to grow.

If he holds this recruiting class together and stacks more on top of it he has a chance and I hope he does well.
I don’t begrudge anyone who doesn’t like this year. Only those who act like they already know it won’t get better

Already making excuses for next year.

At least you beat Walters to it this time!
Regardless of the coach or team it’s gonna be a lot tougher when we lose the west division and add teams like Oregon to the schedule. You can’t have takes this shitty can you?

Regardless of the coach or team it’s gonna be a lot tougher when we lose the west division and add teams like Oregon to the schedule. You can’t have takes this shitty can you?
We are as ill prepared as possible for this change.

S
Yes. Here’s who is going to the front of the line

Beasley - star
Bradford - cylinder
Kulp - corner
Williams - corner

It’s gonna be hard for anyone else to get in that mix with those four (and Thienemann/Rogers/steptoe/brown) without injuries
Steptoe Gone.

• Sad
Reactions: SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT