ADVERTISEMENT

Three-star CB decommits from Purdue

You are correct it is our 5th decommit, but right now Purdue is not a better offer athletically than Nettles offers from Nebraska, Baylor, Boston College, Ole Miss, Houston, Kansas, or USC. Maybe better than the other 13 of his offers. Warren may be right, especially if lose to IU, these 5 decommits could turn into double digits fairly quickly.

You are correct it is our 5th decommit, but right now Purdue is not a better offer athletically than Nettles offers from Nebraska, Baylor, Boston College, Ole Miss, Houston, Kansas, or USC. Maybe better than the other 13 of his offers. Warren may be right, especially if lose to IU, these 5 decommits could turn into double digits fairly quickly.

He doesn't hold a USC offer that I can see. And sure Nebraska is a "better" offer, maybe Ole Miss, but are either of those real offers? He visited Nebraska so that one probably is.

Baylor, IU, Kansas, etc - those are not better offers than Purdue so outside of 2 schools on Purdue is basically the best offer he has. And yes a lot of things "could" happen. Losing to IU will not be the cause of a single decommit from a high school kid.

The guys are young, making a commitment to a program is a big thing, the guys are gonna have alot of different people trying to push them elsewhere. Better they decommit now than later.

Reactions: SKYDOG and NVboiler
As much as I think that Walters = Hazel this could be a simple nothing burger. Perhaps the player was working on but does not meet Purdue admission standards. Test results and/or course grades are not what was needed etc... decommitting could be just letting the young man save face.

When the decommitments reach double figures, I'll start to worry. Losing one of almost double digit DBs commitments is not something I'm worried about. I'm more focused on whether we are getting better OL players coming in, some more speed at WR, another QB and for Cthulu's sake a kicker that can hit the broadside of a barn.

The CB, before this CB decommitting, verballed to Michigan, so he had to be pretty good.

With the NIL, colleges (or technically alumni groups) will be able to cherry pick our recruits and current players from us, because they will pay more.

Here is my question. Are we paying better for basketball players over football players, people just see us as a basketball school, Painter is a better recruiter (I know the answer to that question) or a combination of everything?

As much as I think that Walters = Hazel this could be a simple nothing burger. Perhaps the player was working on but does not meet Purdue admission standards. Test results and/or course grades are not what was needed etc... decommitting could be just letting the young man save face.
judging by his picture, maybe he's filing for social security

You guys are idiots. The first of many? This is like the 4th or 5th decommit of the year. This is normal. We were also basically this kids best offer
Dude I’ve never realized what a dumb **** fan base it is until this year. By the way some of these people talk about Jeff brohm, I’m almost afraid to ask how highly they regard glen mason or d’antonio..

Plus don’t we still have like 8 DB commits?
Yes. Here’s who is going to the front of the line

Beasley - star
Bradford - cylinder
Kulp - corner
Williams - corner

It’s gonna be hard for anyone else to get in that mix with those four (and Thienemann/Rogers/steptoe/brown) without injuries

Reactions: tenwest
Yes. Here’s who is going to the front of the line

Beasley - star
Bradford - cylinder
Kulp - corner
Williams - corner

It’s gonna be hard for anyone else to get in that mix with those four (and Thienemann/Rogers/steptoe/brown) without injuries
isn't Williams a wr ?

You have no rational basis for thinking that. If Walters beats Indiana he will have as many big ten wins this year as Purdue did in hazell’s entire tenure.

Part of what’s allowing a lot of you to act this way is the schedule.

1998 - tiller plays 6 teams that play in bowl games. He goes 2-4. He played 6 other teams that did not and went 6-0 to finish 8-4. Walters has yet to play his first team that is currently eliminated from bowl contention.

2011 - a lot of dumbasses who started with this hazell nonsense on on3.. began to back off during the Minnesota game and say “maybe he’s hope.” Danny hope lost to a 2-10 RICE team In his winningest season.

2017 - here are the records of the teams brohm faced his first year

Louisville 8-5
Ohio 9-4
Missouri 7-6
Michigan 8-5
Minnesota 5-7
Wisconsin 13-1
Rutgers 4-8
Nebraska 4-8
Illinois 2-10

northwestern 10-3
Iowa 8-5
Indiana 5-7

If we win 4 this year, that’s just as good as 6 with that dogshit schedule

isn't Williams a wr ?
Tom or one of the rivals guys mentioned in premium that he is coming here to play db. There’s a chance that he or Beasley play wide out.

Beasley is a talent along the lines of the Thienemann’s and David bell’s of the world. He has a gear that reminds you of #4.

There are guys who have stepped up to cam Allen bumped him and cut inside for a big gain where Beasley would be with him stride for stride.

So if it’s not many/if it ends up being the best class since 2019 you’ll be here to retract right?
I will be happy to retract. I also would be happy with wins, recruiting more than just dbs. I would like OL help, I would be happy with receivers that can get separation also, I would be happy with a qb and rb that don’t put the ball on the ground…But yes I’m happy to retract. I’m saying 8+ would be “many “. How many are you considering many, just so I am clear?

I will be happy to retract. I also would be happy with wins, recruiting more than just dbs. I would like OL help, I would be happy with receivers that can get separation also, I would be happy with a qb and rb that don’t put the ball on the ground…But yes I’m happy to retract. I’m saying 8+ would be “many “. How many are you considering many, just so I am clear?
Again, I just posted scheduling facts from tiller, hope and brohm. If Walters played against more 2 and 4 win teams, this team as it is would have more wins.

Beasley and Bradford will be second level guys. There are basically 5 dbs in this system. On Bradford, from mount Carmel people, I’ve heard you don’t have to see him hit, because you can hear it.

Demeco Kennedy was very underrated. He’s not a DB. Walters has four OL commits. Looking for 5.8 rated offensive linemen? Brohm got one who can play and if you want them you better have that cash.

In fact, brohm recruited two positions very well. WR and TE. Other than that what was there? Still haven’t gotten answers when I’ve asked who is the second best corner he ever recruited and developed, best safety, second best linebacker, best offensive tackle..

You said first of many unfortunately. If you are now saying 8 dbs is too many and therefore there will be many decommits, why is it unfortunate

Again, I just posted scheduling facts from tiller, hope and brohm. If Walters played against more 2 and 4 win teams, this team as it is would have more wins.

Beasley and Bradford will be second level guys. There are basically 5 dbs in this system. On Bradford, from mount Carmel people, I’ve heard you don’t have to see him hit, because you can hear it.

Demeco Kennedy was very underrated. He’s not a DB. Walters has four OL commits. Looking for 5.8 rated offensive linemen? Brohm got one who can play and if you want them you better have that cash.

In fact, brohm recruited two positions very well. WR and TE. Other than that what was there? Still haven’t gotten answers when I’ve asked who is the second best corner he ever recruited and developed, best safety, second best linebacker, best offensive tackle..

You said first of many unfortunately. If you are now saying 8 dbs is too many and therefore there will be many decommits, why is it unfortunate
I mean 8+ decommits, that was the origin of my original post. I don’t care how many of whatever position he wants to recruit, I only care about W and L. I want this staff to succeed, I’m a Boilermaker fan since Jim Everett, there were several lean years, a huge uptick with Tiller then the down turn, a little resurgence under Brohm and I would prefer bowl games and being above mediocre is all I am looking for as a fan.

should make Wole happy
I'm never happy when a player leaves. I'm also not happy when a class has more than 6 recruits at basically the same position. the problem with decomits at this time of the year and stage in the recruiting cycle is that the vast majority of elite athletes have already committed elsewhere. his spot will either be filled via the transfer portal or by somebody less talented. a sfor recruiting offensive linemen, the time to recruit them is at the beginning of the recruiting cycle, not at the end of it. when you wait this late to sign somebody the quality of the recruit is not awesome. You're basically left trying to flip an AAC or Conf USA , or MAC recruit rather than a power 5 recruit. it's like the thread about brohm's recruits. You can fill his spot, but finding a real athlete at this time of the year who will make a difference is nil. Maybe you'll get lucky with a portal addition. the facts/reality is there is a reason players enter the portal.

I mean 8+ decommits, that was the origin of my original post. I don’t care how many of whatever position he wants to recruit, I only care about W and L. I want this staff to succeed, I’m a Boilermaker fan since Jim Everett, there were several lean years, a huge uptick with Tiller then the down turn, a little resurgence under Brohm and I would prefer bowl games and being above mediocre is all I am looking for as a fan.
Bobinski made that significantly harder. His scheduling in the OOC along with our now tougher conference schedule has made for a 2024 schedule where a lot of 7 win Purdue teams I’ve seen might win 4 games

You have no rational basis for thinking that. If Walters beats Indiana he will have as many big ten wins this year as Purdue did in hazell’s entire tenure.

1998 - tiller plays 6 teams that play in bowl games. He goes 2-4. He played 6 other teams that did not and went 6-0 to finish 8-4. Walters has yet to play his first team that is currently eliminated from bowl contention.

2011 - a lot of dumbasses who started with this hazell nonsense on on3.. began to back off during the Minnesota game and say “maybe he’s hope.” Danny hope lost to a 2-10 RICE team In his winningest season.

Louisville 8-5
Ohio 9-4
Missouri 7-6
Michigan 8-5
Minnesota 5-7
Wisconsin 13-1
Rutgers 4-8
Nebraska 4-8
Illinois 2-10

northwestern 10-3
Iowa 8-5
Indiana 5-7

I remember lots of excuses from the Hazel faithful and then..... Walters = Hazel has little to do with wins or losses and much to do with coaching decisions, comments, and blunders If can't see them you are simply NOT paying attention.

Reactions: pboiler18
I remember lots of excuses from the Hazel faithful and then..... Walters = Hazel has little to do with wins or losses and much to do with coaching decisions, comments, and blunders If can't see them you are simply NOT paying attention.
So “he doesn’t lose nearly as much, but the shot roster he has is involved in a lot of mistakes, he’s the same guy.”

He’s not the same guy. He’s doing what a lot of people end up doing when they have inferior talent. When that happens players and coaches start to step outside of their comfort zone in an attempt to overcompensate and sloppiness ensues.

If you’re talking about things like cam Allen and oc brothers, those things happened last year.

I would be in the Lets see how year 2 goes camp pretty much regardless. But with any coach I’m also looking for comps who scare me.

The one that scares me is Scott frost. But even then, if Walters beats Indiana that’s one more p5 win than frost had his first year.

next year If it’s the same I won’t be wanting to hear frost-esque talk about how it’s gonna look when it turns. That went on for 5 years at Nebraska

The recruiting world is a brutal place for all schools…even if you having a winning record kids are still going to change their minds and go else where. Pretty sure this class has 3 or 4 guys de-commit from other schools to come to Purdue. It’s all about who can offer this or that so you have to recruit your a** off to keep kids committed to your school. Yeah it sucks seeing de-commitments but it happens and at the same time it just gives this coaching staff a extra spot to go out and get a juco/transfer guy that can hopefully help the team right away and we all know this team needs help!! I’m hoping they can keep most of this class together to build for the future but time will tell. Walters knows this team desperately needs more talent and if he wants this program to succeed going forward I look for him to blow this current roster up a little bit and hit the transfer portal even harder this off season!

Recruiting decommitments are part of the reality of college football. Even OSU and mich lose players! Look at Colorado! They had a great class to start the year , they pulled an upset and gained a lot of attention. But now that they dropped back to reality, they are also having athletes with second thoughts.

I’m rather disappointed/surprised that after Brohm started to develop some inroads into Indiana high schools that our recruiting has shifted to Texas and other Southern state schools rather than to continue to build on the school relationships Purdue had started to establish!

Recruiting decommitments are part of the reality of college football. Even OSU and mich lose players! Look at Colorado! They had a great class to start the year , they pulled an upset and gained a lot of attention. But now that they dropped back to reality, they are also having athletes with second thoughts.

I’m rather disappointed/surprised that after Brohm started to develop some inroads into Indiana high schools that our recruiting has shifted to Texas and other Southern state schools rather than to continue to build on the school relationships Purdue had started to establish!
give me the Texas, Fla, Ga, Louisiana kids any day of the week

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?

Louisville 8-5
Ohio 9-4
Missouri 7-6
Michigan 8-5
Minnesota 5-7
Wisconsin 13-1
Rutgers 4-8
Nebraska 4-8
Illinois 2-10

northwestern 10-3
Iowa 8-5
Indiana 5-7

This schedule isn’t that different …no matter what you’d like to tell yourself over and over and over and over again.

Louisville 8-5
Ohio 9-4
Missouri 7-6
Michigan 8-5
Minnesota 5-7
Wisconsin 13-1
Rutgers 4-8
Nebraska 4-8
Illinois 2-10

northwestern 10-3
Iowa 8-5
Indiana 5-7

Your take is dogshit. Syracuse and Nebraska would both be 4 win teams if we hadn’t let them beat us. IU has 3 wins. The schedules are very similar for Brohm’s first year and this year.

Your take is dogshit. Syracuse and Nebraska would both be 4 win teams if we hadn’t let them beat us. IU has 3 wins. The schedules are very similar for Brohm’s first year and this year.
Didn't we lose to Syracuse, LAST year as well?

Didn't we lose to Syracuse, LAST year as well?
Yes and Syracuse was a better team last year. But we should/could have beat them last year. Not sure what your point is. My point is that the schedules for Brohm and Walter’s first years were comparable in difficulty. If we don’t lose to them this year and they are 4 win teams similar to the 4 win teams we beat in Brohm’s first year.

Guess what idiot? Brohm lost to 4-8 Rutgers and 4-8 Nebraska. So your dipshit take doesn’t work

Yes and Syracuse was a better team last year. But we should/could have beat them last year. Not sure what your point is. My point is that the schedules for Brohm and Walter’s first years were comparable in difficulty. If we don’t lose to them this year and they are 4 win teams similar to the 4 win teams we beat in Brohm’s first year.
We were better last year as well. We had O Connell, Durham, and Jones on last years squad. Brohm inherited two starting level quarterbacks on that first team, Blough and Sindelar. That is a huge difference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT