ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Meat/Chicken.....

Classic trap but different team since Dug will be eligible to play, remember is was suspend from road games.

They are the team who usually starts hot and totally craps their pants as the game drags on.

With Nkamhoua out for the year and even Tschetter out last night, they are just awful. I think it because of those injuries and depleted team, they will be sloppy which can lead to us being sloppy.

Not sure on the math but believe if Illinois loses on Saturday we can clinch a share of the season title.

Classic trap but different team since Dug will be eligible to play, remember is was suspend from road games.

They are the team who usually starts hot and totally craps their pants as the game drags on.

With Nkamhoua out for the year and even Tschetter out last night, they are just awful. I think it because of those injuries and depleted team, they will be sloppy which can lead to us being sloppy.

Not sure on the math but believe if Illinois loses on Saturday we can clinch a share of the season title.

Yep we are up two in the lost column with 4 to play. A U of I loss and a win by us is a share of the title.

Icing on the regular season would be to beat them in Champaign.

Remember when it looked like Wisconsin was taking control of the race for the B1G championship?

Last edited:
Its a classic "trap" road game, where their record is so bad, they are not even NIT eligible.
With the remaining games on the schedule, it certainly is the definition of a trap game. Michigan hung around a little bit during the Boo Buie fest last night, but without Nkamhoua (sic?) I think it will be a rout. Spread should be close to what it was last night IMO.

hopefully Mich doesn't fire their Coach today TIC
Great, now every team will fire their coaches 2-3 days before they play us. I just don't want more storming the courts. When Creighton beat UCon, you couldn't see one inch of the court anymore. It will take someone getting hurt very badly to stop it.

Last edited:
At the request of my cardiologist, I have cut back.

Less red Meat, more skinless Chicken (plus fish/tuna/salmon - turkey, vegetables, legumes, and reduced sodium).

Oh.....the game. Another road game - Boilers need a focused, intense effort - McDaniel playing gives Michigan more of a chance. IF Boilers execute, they should (emphasis on should) be ok......definitely want to see if they can back up the last game's performance against Rutgers and do it in Crisler Arena, which has been feast or famine for Purdue over the years.

• Haha
Reactions: Roeder
They have a lot of talent and a lousy coach and no synergy or chemistry. If they ever figured it out, they could be a very tough team much like IU.

Which Michigan will show up? Who knows.

Agree. OSU was a classic trap game, this looks like a game where our guys just have to avoid handing it to them.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I always tell my story of understanding inflation using Arby’s. Freshman year it was 5/5. By time I graduated it was 5/6.
A customer of mine comes in regularly and makes a bunch of $5 big parlays that are basically moonshots. He comes in singing "$5 footlong." I said, isn't that more like a $12.95 footlong now?

A customer of mine comes in regularly and makes a bunch of $5 big parlays that are basically moonshots. He comes in singing "$5 footlong." I said, isn't that more like a $12.95 footlong now?
Only way to get $5 foot longs is their BOGO deals.

I always tell my story of understanding inflation using Arby’s. Freshman year it was 5/5. By time I graduated it was 5/6.
I had no idea that $5 footlongs at Subway were no longer a thing. I went to pay and it was like $20 for two 12-inch subs. Just shows how often I go to those places.

I was watching I think "sleeper media" and they said even if it was 5 bench guys playing the whole game that we should win by 20. They said we should win by 40.

I was watching I think "sleeper media" and they said even if it was 5 bench guys playing the whole game that we should win by 20. They said we should win by 40.
Holy hyperbole, Batman!

I've been following Purdue basketball for almost 40 years, and the only 40 point B1G road win I can remember was that epic 107-57 beatdown at Rutgers during the Vince Edwards/PJ Thompson/Dakota Mathias/Isaac Hass years.

It’s a road game in the Big Ten, win it and the title is pretty much guarenteed. I know it won’t be officially over but it pretty much will be.
I have to find the person on Twitter who posts the magic number but believe if we win tomorrow then Saturday against MSU would be to clinch a share. If Illinois loses against Minnesota or earlier Saturday against Wisconsin, then it is ours alone I believe.

For tomorrow, it is just okay Purdue basketball. Make those extra passes and get everyone going. Maybe run some extra sets to see if we can get Loyer see a few going through the bucket. Let’s get Heide another solid 20 and run some stuff that he is going toward the basket as well.

Holy hyperbole, Batman!

I've been following Purdue basketball for almost 40 years, and the only 40 point B1G road win I can remember was that epic 107-57 beatdown at Rutgers during the Vince Edwards/PJ Thompson/Dakota Mathias/Isaac Hass years.
I was like "calm down fellas". One of them is a Michigan fan too. They must be pretty bad right now. A little extreme though.

Reactions: rgarlitz
I was like "calm down fellas". One of them is a Michigan fan too. They must be pretty bad right now. A little extreme though.
Though, now that I think about it, the circumstances of the two games are remarkably similar: a favorite-son coach has lost his way and appears to be on his way out... So... maybe?

Nah... That 2016 Rutgers team would have struggled in the Patriot League. Michigan has to have more talent, right?

I have to find the person on Twitter who posts the magic number but believe if we win tomorrow then Saturday against MSU would be to clinch a share. If Illinois loses against Minnesota or earlier Saturday against Wisconsin, then it is ours alone I believe.
The magic number for an outright title is currently 3. 2 to clinch a tie. We are 2 games up with 4 to go each.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT