ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts after last night

Nmcafee33

Sophomore
Gold Member
May 22, 2016
To me it still doesn’t even feel real that they lost. So much for the bracket breaking the right way. I’m not going to call for Painter’s head, but I do really start to question whether he can make a final four with the way we play. I think as many others on here probably do that it’s time to move away from the big man dominated offense. I know it’s a small sample but the guard oriented Edwards Cline team was a miracle away from a f4. When something doesn’t work you need to change. I give Painter some credit to how he’s changed his philosophy. We have shifted from a more defensive focus to more offensive which I think most would agree helps our tourney chances. Of course being smaller helps Purdue’s biggest defensive issue which is ball screen defense. Purdue lacks that pg who is a floor general and maybe they get that with Smith coming in. Hoping Painter can make some adjustments and get us there one day. What makes me sad about this loss is it was a great chance for Keady to see a final four. I really hope he still gets a chance to see one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News