ADVERTISEMENT

The what if we dont land Hall or Zeke scenario...

Dec 6, 2006
This would not be fun but who would we turn to if we swing and miss on both?

Always seems like Painter has that "hidden" recruit like Boogie was.

Indeed it would not be "fun"...losing our last best hope at a top-60 player to MSU...again.

Guess MP would wait till Spring for coaching changes free up recruits...or 5th year transfers...or Jucos.

This would not be fun but who would we turn to if we swing and miss on both?

Always seems like Painter has that "hidden" recruit like Boogie was.
I agree. And if the hidden gem isn't there, the forgotten man is Gillis. Continue to get him rehabbed, develop Tre and Dow, and focus on 2020.

Personally I'm not going to worry about it either way. Aside from a couple years, Painter ends up alright even if this board doesn't agree :).

I'm one to just let things play out on the court, where it matters and leave all this recruiting stuff to people that get paid for it (not recruits, coaches). All the shoe deals and what not make me drink more beer than I already do.

Personally I'm not going to worry about it either way. Aside from a couple years, Painter ends up alright even if this board doesn't agree :).

I'm one to just let things play out on the court, where it matters and leave all this recruiting stuff to people that get paid for it (not recruits, coaches). All the shoe deals and what not make me drink more beer than I already do.
SIR! You can take your rational approach to a teenager making a decision and leave this board! TIC

nah, sexiness, status, final 4 appearances and a figurehead coach like Izzo do the trick
200.gif

when was the last time the team had all the scholarships filled (not including walk ons)
Interesting question. Maybe in Painter's first year or two? But even going back to Keady's early years it seems that there was almost always a walk-on with a scholarship.

It would be interesting to see how many B1G teams have all of their scholarships filled with recruited players. How does Purdue compare?

I also suspect that there would be a correlation between filling all scholarships and players transferring away. If a kid is one of the 13 players good enough to have earned a scholarship, but not good enough to break the 8-9 player rotation, he's probably going to think about going someplace where he can play.

Money talks :)

Well the FBI tapes have Izzo telling the bag man in the Bowen case that MSU doesn’t get involved in paying for players (and Bowen was a top 25 recruit). Add in that every time a sports writer writes an article asking multiple college coaches who the cleanest coaches are Izzo is always in the top 5 (and they know who’s cheating better than a bunch of fans on a sports board) and I’d say you have a lot of verifiable proof that Izzo doesn’t cheat. Outside of beating Painter for a few recruits that chaps the behind of Purdue fans what proof do you have that Izzo cheats?

Well the FBI tapes have Izzo telling the bag man in the Bowen case that MSU doesn’t get involved in paying for players (and Bowen was a top 25 recruit). Add in that every time a sports writer writes an article asking multiple college coaches who the cleanest coaches are Izzo is always in the top 5 (and they know who’s cheating better than a bunch of fans on a sports board) and I’d say you have a lot of verifiable proof that Izzo doesn’t cheat. Outside of beating Painter for a few recruits that chaps the behind of Purdue fans what proof do you have that Izzo cheats?

LMAO

Lol whizzo is as slimy as they come. He's unethical, supports rapist doctors and players and then literally cries about. Your coach is just a slimy person, sorry.

If they filmed the movie “the longest yard” basketball version. The team would be all MSU players. No coach that I can think of has more former players that have gone to prison.

So earlier in the interview he said “Nassar permanently damaged and changed the lives...” and later said “I hope they convicted the right guy”. Two contradictory statements. Two days later he clarified by stating he used the wrong words and that Nassar “deserves the punishment he’s going to receive”. So from one statement, in an interview (not from a prepared statement) where he specifically blamed Nassar then said he hopes they got the right guy, you’re reading is that he “supported” the rapist. Once again, strong stuff. Congrats.

Reactions: Keric9823
While I'll hold a sliver of hope on Hall ( like I do every time before the lottery numbers are announced), this whole pattern of losing top recruits at the last minute to Izzo is getting old.
Reminds me of the nature shows where a leopard spends all it's time and energy to kill a gazelle only to have a hyena come in and steal it away at the last minute before the leopard has had a chance to eat.

So earlier in the interview he said “Nassar permanently damaged and changed the lives...” and later said “I hope they convicted the right guy”. Two contradictory statements. Two days later he clarified by stating he used the wrong words and that Nassar “deserves the punishment he’s going to receive”. So from one statement, in an interview (not from a prepared statement) where he specifically blamed Nassar then said he hopes they got the right guy, you’re reading is that he “supported” the rapist. Once again, strong stuff. Congrats.
Yeah he clarified after being called out. It's the only reason he made that statement and one it's clear he didn't believe. So yeah, he was all over supporting his friend Nassar. He's a slime, pure and simple.

Just stop arguing with Pitt Bull. He wouldn't know his ass from his face.
Lol, quick log in with your other account so you can agree with yourself! Keep up the charade babs, your posts are entertaining. Not worth anything of substance since you are an Iu fan, but entertaining regardless.

Peace out brother!

If they filmed the movie “the longest yard” basketball version. The team would be all MSU players. No coach that I can think of has more former players that have gone to prison.

1 whole former player that went to prison?

I can’t remember any others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT