ADVERTISEMENT

The silence from Burke is deafening...a first for him.

DG10

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 11, 2001
The man with the grand ego (but no plan(s)) and who is largely at fault for what is happening has seemingly gone into hiding.

Good for Doug Griffiths for finally going public with many things that long were talked about here and around West Lafayette, but never actually made public or shared by those that were involved or knew what was happening...just disappointed that he did not do it sooner...as, by keeping silent, it only allowed what was happening to continue happening, and it allowed Burke to undeservedly serve his term out with only his own self-interests in mind.

Love that Doug continues to put things out there though, especially after Purdue has tried to get him to stop...only wish those that still are around the program and covering it would get involved and in that nobody at Purdue is held accountable or holds anyone accountable, that somebody would...Doyel did to a minor extent, but even he admitted that he did not really care...that should not be the case for those closest to the program and covering it if they are genuinely doing that.

Reactions: EastCoastBoiler
Burke has no need to, he isnt AD. If i were Bobinski, i wouldnt let him.

Does Bobinski need to make some sort of statement to calm the fanbase? probably. Should he address some writer from the Pilot news? nope.

Burke has no need to, he isnt AD. If i were Bobinski, i wouldnt let him.

Does Bobinski need to make some sort of statement to calm the fanbase? probably. Should he address some writer from the Pilot news? nope.
Bobinski absolutely should make a statement...or a series of them, and while Burke has no need to, that has NEVER stopped him before...convenient that it apparently does now.

wonder if he Bobinski will issue a statement if Purdue gets blasted by Illinois Saturday? The biggest statement would be the firing of Hazell.

No surprises here. Swimmer AD put all his eggs in the minor sports, hence the mess that the major sports are today.

Anyone know what Brees major was in college? If it was at all finance involved, why not let MBob go for 3-5 years with his hire to see what he can do and clean house and then turn the keys over to Brees as the next AD? Everyone here wanted someone who loves Purdue and has big time D1 football experience. Just a passing thought and someone who I think has the moxy and the drive to stand up and make it work.

Anyone know what Brees major was in college? If it was at all finance involved, why not let MBob go for 3-5 years with his hire to see what he can do and clean house and then turn the keys over to Brees as the next AD? Everyone here wanted someone who loves Purdue and has big time D1 football experience. Just a passing thought and someone who I think has the moxy and the drive to stand up and make it work.
Cardinal is a more likely option. Brees is heavily invested (financially) in New Orleans

According to his Purdue bio, it was industrial management/manufacturing

Why would Brees want the job? Young children, and multiple investments in the New Orleans area. I don't think In his right mind he'd take over this mess. Wouldn't be worth it IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT