ADVERTISEMENT

The phrase "We'll know more tomorrow" came from an individual who was born today.

Charlie Spegal...

Dayum... 3rd year in the program... that dude must be rushing for 100 yds./game by now, no??

Shiite... the only stats I can find for him are defensive stats... 1 tackle in 6 games. Must be a typo, or something...
Hit and miss on some walk-ons. I suppose you would have passed on Aidan O’Connell, Devin Mockobee, and Andrew Sowinski seeing the field as they are just walk-ons?
Could be a system let’s some walk-ons shine vs a bad team that can’t see the light of day.
Several posters comment on this forum and are not impressed with walk-ons seeing the field. To them scholarship athletes are superior and Brohm’s judgement on those scholarship athletes simply sucks.

Last edited:
Spegal would be 3rd string walk-on RB

But people were sooooo sure he was a recruiting miss

Spegal would be 3rd string walk-on RB

But people were sooooo sure he was a recruiting miss
He's a R-Soph and is seeing the field in special teams. Usually that is first sign before more P.T. can be had. There are two more years. He isn't a 100% miss yet. I'm not going to rag on him or his performances. I'll instead enjoy those walk-ons we have.
Should he have success in later years, I'll rub it in your face along with Purdue85's just like you enjoy doing that to me at the moment. I'm a big boy and can take it. Hope you guys can too.

Reactions: Inspector100
He's a R-Soph and is seeing the field in special teams. Usually that is first sign before more P.T. can be had. There are two more years. He isn't a 100% miss yet. I'm not going to rag on him or his performances. I'll instead enjoy those walk-ons we have.
Should he have success in later years, I'll rub it in your face along with Purdue85's just like you enjoy doing that to me at the moment. I'm a big boy and can take it. Hope you guys can too.
Whatever. I wasn't on here arguing about how Brohm missed on him. So I won't be wearing his success or failures. I will enjoy the walk-ons we have, also. That's the point. Why talk about the ones we don't have? Mockobee is light years better. Downing is better. And if Brohm took Spegal, maybe he doesn't go get one of those guys. This case is closed.

Reactions: Purdue85
Whatever. I wasn't on here arguing about how Brohm missed on him. So I won't be wearing his success or failures. I will enjoy the walk-ons we have, also. That's the point. Why talk about the ones we don't have? Mockobee is light years better. Downing is better. And if Brohm took Spegal, maybe he doesn't go get one of those guys. This case is closed.
Agree with both your points (enjoy the walk-ons Purdue has AND Mockobee & Downing are better). You seem sensible about the issue. Some on the other hand, love to stick the fork in my eye and like to single me out whenever possible even if I'm not mentioning "the other guy" as in this case with this original post.
I've got no beef really with any of you. We'll see how "the other guy" pans out in the next couple of years, but I'm certainly NOT looking in boxscores for his performances as I don't pay much attention to IU except in Old Oaken Bucket Week.

Hit and miss on some walk-ons. I suppose you would have passed on Aidan O’Connell, Devin Mockobee, and Andrew Sowinski seeing the field as they are just walk-ons?
Could be a system let’s some walk-ons shine vs a bad team that can’t see the light of day.
Several posters comment on this forum and are not impressed with walk-ons seeing the field. To them scholarship athletes are superior and Brohm’s judgement on those scholarship athletes simply sucks.
I must've missed the non-stop lovefest over all those walk-ons, promising they would be the next superstar stud.

Take the L. It's well-earned, and well-deserved.

You put yourself out there, and it failed miserably. I admire the passion, even if was really, really weird, over-the-top, and unbelievably cringe.

To your point, recruiting is hit and miss. In fairness to you, we see some of the usual suspects on here (posters) badmouthing recruits, then those same players turn out to be pretty darn good. It's a crap shoot.

But, being really obnoxious about a particular player that nobody... but, nobody ... yes, nobody else wanted, that was really ... bad.

If you want to huff and puff, be prepared to take some recoil.

In the end, it's all good. We're on the same team, and you're ... as they say ... a good egg.

Peace.

Reactions: FirstDownB
dude, there's nothing to rub in my face. My point all along has been how really weird, and over-the-top this infatuation has been.

It's sad that you think that you owe me or anyone else. You put yourself here. Not me.

While he has nowhere near the talent of Mockobee, or Aiden, I'd love for him to have a breakout season. If he does, it will likely be for a 1-11 IU team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT