ADVERTISEMENT

the injury excuse

Wolegib

All-American
May 23, 2013
I don't want to hear it or see it being used. Other teams have lost key players to injuries and still find a way to win. it's called developing player depth.

IU just lost their starting QB for the year. I haven't seen one excuse from them.

Reactions: NVboiler
I don't want to hear it or see it being used. Other teams have lost key players to injuries and still find a way to win. it's called developing player depth.

IU just lost their starting QB for the year. I haven't seen one excuse from them.
You have a point but if the Hoosiers lose to Wisconsin and Purdue,they may use the loss of Penix as an excuse.

Reactions: NVboiler

stop with the depth. We don’t have a starting caliber DL. Neal is not the Neal from 2017 and he’s using two 4-3 SSDEs at 3-4 DE. It’s not even on the players on D the scheme is so bad ...

it’s something you do if you bring Callahan bright in when you get hired and he’s actually not a head case .. Vince wilfork etc

I actually think it's more of better defense that has them rolling. Penix wasn't lighting up the world. I saw a stat that they were top 20 defense and roughly top 80-90 offense.

Reactions: wakeman2626
I actually think it's more of better defense that has them rolling. Penix wasn't lighting up the world. I saw a stat that they were top 20 defense and roughly top 80-90 offense.

Rushing game struggles with consistency, but Penix could sling it. Led the B10 in passing yards and passing TDs prior to his injury. Penix did struggle with accuracy but had the ability to make all the throws. Backup has a ton of natural talent, just lacks game experience. Need him to push the ball downfield against the Badgers.

But to your point, IU is where they’re at because of their defense. Very aggressive and force a ton of turnovers. That unit alone should keep IU in the remainder of their games. Need Tuttle to make winning plays.

Rushing game struggles with consistency, but Penix could sling it. Led the B10 in passing yards and passing TDs prior to his injury. Penix did struggle with accuracy but had the ability to make all the throws. Backup has a ton of natural talent, just lacks game experience. Need him to push the ball downfield against the Badgers.

But to your point, IU is where they’re at because of their defense. Very aggressive and force a ton of turnovers. That unit alone should keep IU in the remainder of their games. Need Tuttle to make winning plays.

How would you describe Turtle to those who haven't seen him? Pocket passer, duel-threat?

Don't worry, you will. Be patient and wait for it.

my point is that's just one example of a team with an injury to a key player There are many other teams that have had injuries and found ways to win rather than using them as excuses for losing.

my point is that's just one example of a team with an injury to a key player There are many other teams that have had injuries and found ways to win rather than using them as excuses for losing.
And there are no doubt more teams that have had injuries to key players and have lost games. "No excuses" is simply coach speak of the type that thinking fans won't just mindlessly repeat.

Why do you think professional sports gamblers are highly attuned to injury reports?

Don’t they have to play and/or lose a game before making excuses?
Else what are they excusing?
This makes zero sense...

Reactions: Boilerscuz
No excuses will be tolerated. Boilermakers can recall having a quarterback who tore his ACL and then won three straight starts, including a bowl game as its MVP. Another recent Boiler QB played with a torn ACL, ran down one interceptor from afar and later rammed in for a game-winning TD.

One of our pros completed five passes and threw a touchdown with 11 broken ribs and a punctured lung, although most media only averted their blind eyes.

For the school that saw those efforts and one year ago had the whole season derailed when our national passing leader and his consensus All-American receiver had their years end and one’s career stopped by cheap shots on the same play, then lost more QBs all the way down to our fourth-stringer, we need no lectures about feeling sorry and making excuses over injuries. No one cried for us but us.

I’m only sorry for anyone who has to get treatment from that quack factory.

No excuses will be tolerated. Boilermakers can recall having a quarterback who tore his ACL and then won three straight starts, including a bowl game as its MVP. Another recent Boiler QB played with a torn ACL, ran down one interceptor from afar and later rammed in for a game-winning TD.

One of our pros completed five passes and threw a touchdown with 11 broken ribs and a punctured lung, although most media only averted their blind eyes.

For the school that saw those efforts and one year ago had the whole season derailed when our national passing leader and his consensus All-American receiver had their years end and one’s career stopped by cheap shots on the same play, then lost more QBs all the way down to our fourth-stringer, we need no lectures about feeling sorry and making excuses over injuries. No one cried for us but us.

I’m only sorry for anyone who has to get treatment from that quack factory.

Robert Marve flashbacks? What I wouldn’t have given to have marve back when sindelar went down last year

You have a point but if the Hoosiers lose to Wisconsin and Purdue,they may use the loss of Penix as an excuse.

Ya, but the way backup quarterbacks have chewed up Purdue this year, I think I'd rather see Penix. I mean, Illinois's 4th string guy almost beat us.

• Sad
Reactions: SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT