ADVERTISEMENT

The end of an era? American football is losing its grip on America

Yeah, that is why tv ratings continue to go up for football, both college and NFL. Sponsorships, team sales, and players salaries continue to escalate.
Of course, we know that this is just SPAM. Go find a soccer website.

yada yada yada. They've been saying this for 40 years. Especially after the American woman won the world cup in the late 90's, soccer was supposed to take off. It hasn't in the US. Then you have people like Megan Rapino who go all woke and then you drive a wedge into viewership of an already very lightly viewed sport.
The honest truth is that youth soccer is very popular as one of the first sports kids play because it's the easiest and requires the least amount of skill/hand eye coordination compared to every other sport.

Yeah, that is why tv ratings continue to go up for football, both college and NFL. Sponsorships, team sales, and players salaries continue to escalate.
Of course, we know that this is just SPAM. Go find a soccer website.
I always wanted someone named Linda to come here and irritate people

Reactions: Flot
I’ve heard that same story at various times over the last 50 years. In 2023, when sports are changing rules to add more action (e.g. baseball with the pitch clock), I find it hard to believe that this is the year when Soccer will finally breakthrough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT