Scott Barnes University of Pittsburgh Athletic Director
Joe CastiglioneUniversity of Oklahoma Athletic Director
Doug Fullerton Big Sky Conference Commissioner
Mark Hollis Michigan State University Athletic Director
Judy MacLeod Conference USA Executive Associate Commissioner[1]
Bruce Rasmussen Creighton University Athletic Director
Peter Roby Northeastern University Athletic Director
Tom Holmoe Brigham Young University Athletic Director

Obviously, Hollis did a poor job of making the conference's case, and his team was seeded 3 seeds higher than 3 B1G teams that MSU clearly did not dominate. Castiglione took care of Tulsa as a favor to in-state interests.

Name Position
Ron Wellman Wake Forest University Athletic Director
Joe Alleva Louisiana State University Director of Athletics

Obviously, Hollis did a poor job of making the conference's case, and his team was seeded 3 seeds higher than 3 B1G teams that MSU clearly did not dominate. Castiglione took care of Tulsa as a favor to in-state interests.

ACC is the only conference with 2 representatives.

I'll say this...
The clowns on the committee didn't do any worse than the clowns on the selection show. Though the former have far more influence.

I'll say this...
The clowns on the committee didn't do any worse than the clowns on the selection show. Though the former have far more influence.

Let's see......red/blue means push this.....no that ain't it.....green/yellow.....c'mon Ernie you're supposed to be watching me......ok.....wait....orange?

oh.....$%&^.....this is T-U-R-R-I-B-L-E technology.....I can't even rag on Shaq now.....Kenny......you screwed me over....

CdddFhqUkAA03_Q.jpg

Name Position
Ron Wellman Wake Forest University Athletic Director
Joe Alleva Louisiana State University Director of Athletics

Hollis wasn't allowed to make a case for the conference. Please read this interview. IU fans take note: The weak conference schedule DID make a difference to the committee AND the Michigan lost KILLED YOU BIG TIME (you probably already figured that). This doesn't explain why Purdue got screwed with a 5 seed but it likely is because of Indiana being the outright reg. season champs dragging the rest of the conference down. But I agree, the committee was a bunch of clowns this year. I completely disagree with their decision making when it came to ALL of the big ten teams.

Hollis wasn't allowed to make a case for the conference. Please read this interview. IU fans take note: The weak conference schedule DID make a difference to the committee AND the Michigan lost KILLED YOU BIG TIME (you probably already figured that). This doesn't explain why Purdue got screwed with a 5 seed but it likely is because of Indiana being the outright reg. season champs dragging the rest of the conference down. But I agree, the committee was a bunch of clowns this year. I completely disagree with their decision making when it came to ALL of the big ten teams.

I've always believed that a lot of implicit horse trading goes on and unspoken alliances are formed. When you come back into the room, you know who took care of your interests, and who didn't, and then you know what's expected in return given this plays out over multiple rounds. Obviously, Castiglione is better at this than Hollis, or maybe he was more motivated to protect his clan. Regardless, B1G got hosed.

Reactions: PurdueGator
I've always believed that a lot of implicit horse trading goes on and unspoken alliances are formed. When you come back into the room, you know who took care of your interests, and who didn't, and then you know what's expected in return given this plays out over multiple rounds. Obviously, Castiglione is better at this than Hollis, or maybe he was more motivated to protect his clan. Regardless, B1G got hosed.
Yes, no doubt there were some "back-room-deals" going on, there just had to be. I hope this was just an outlier and won't happen again. I also hope that someone eventually comes forward and calls this for what it was, a lobotomy on the big ten conference. Someone knows something and loose lips sink ships. When I heard Castiglione speak, he sounded strange. He didn't sound like your normal high IQ guy who speaks for the Committee or your normal head of the Committee. He sounded like a guy off the street or a degenerate gambler. Something is fishy about this whole process. Thanks for your feedback, I couldn't agree more.

Let's see......red/blue means push this.....no that ain't it.....green/yellow.....c'mon Ernie you're supposed to be watching me......ok.....wait....orange?

oh.....$%&^.....this is T-U-R-R-I-B-L-E technology.....I can't even rag on Shaq now.....Kenny......you screwed me over....

CdddFhqUkAA03_Q.jpg
LOL.. Totally agree!
"Mr. Ed" soundalike Urrrney Johnsuuuuun was dressed either like a cathouse bouncer, or Dracula's lawyer.
What an effin train wreck....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT