ADVERTISEMENT

The Beautiful View from College Park

RossMackey

True Freshman
Aug 29, 2017
What a delightful change from last year!

The Boilermakers controlled MD from start to finish. Zach was oblivious to the lame crap dished out by the crowd, and intimidated the living hell out of any Turtle who dared try to drive the lane.

The guards (aside from a couple of goofy passes) dominated their UMD counterparts, and Purdue’s commitment to stopping the dribble drive resulted in gawd-awful shooting by the Terps…

The victory beer is COLD at the Cornerstone (formerly the legendary Rendez-Vous) in CP, and all DC-area Purdue folks are grinning!!

Last edited:
Speaking of goofy passes- MD had at least two cross court passes I recall that went right on out of bounds without as near as I could tell any teammate even seeing they were coming. That would seem to indicate a certain level of discombobulation on their part.

Reactions: RossMackey
Speaking of goofy passes- MD had at least two cross court passes I recall that went right on out of bounds without as near as I could tell any teammate even seeing they were coming. That would seem to indicate a certain level of discombobulation on their part.
Young had a pretty bad oop pass that hit off the backboard (surprised it didn’t break) as well. They were/are all out of sorts

It looked like Purdue's defense really rattled them.

Reactions: RossMackey
Exactly.

The Terps were terrible from the field, but Purdue’s attention to detail on defense was a huge factor
Was watching a bit of the game again, and we really made them work for EVERYTHING. They looked exhausted when they finally got a bucket. They had 32 points with 12 min left in the game…they were shooting so bad, smith got caught down low on a pick and his man (Harris-smith an 18% 3Pt shooter) was wide open for 3…he didn’t even run out to try and contest the shot, he kinda trotted towards him and was like nahhhh and the dude bricked the open 3 😂

It was a beautiful evening in College Park. I was able to take my grandsons to their first Purdue basketball game and they had a blast. Started by getting to meet some of the players and Coach Painter during pre-game warm-ups and ended chanting Boiler Up! as the obnoxious Mary fans left with their tail between their legs. Glorious!

Reactions: DrEss and Purdue80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT