ADVERTISEMENT

The Athletic Dickinson article

I assume he will not be an easy get... otherwise, he would commit now with having two future teammates already locked in. I’m for it, but don’t think it’s a given at all

Interesting that in one recent article, they indicate that PU is still in on Garcia. I'd love to have him, but have heard little recently until this.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
giphy.gif

https://theathletic.com/983314/2019...ing-hunter-dickinson-as-its-next-big-man/?amp

You get a few free articles a month. I’ve noticed that The Athletic has some really good pieces.

Sounds like Dickinson is still priority 1A. And it doesn’t sound like we have an overwhelming amount of competition for him.

I ponied up for the athletic. It's worth it. Less garbage(seth Davis excluded).

This guy's offer list is odd for his rank. I guess it's a style thing too. Seems like he's waiting on the acc boys though. Otherwise I'd think he ends up at Purdue.

The line that stood out to me was when he said he didn't want to go somewhere to set screens.

I think Painter does a good job at playing to the team's strengths and highlighting each individual's aspect. While Haarms did set a lot of screens, he also didn't ONLY set screens - the tourney run had some mismatches for Haarms and he got a lot of points after the screen and then rolling to the basket. Hopefully Dickinson noticed that.

Also, when we have BIGS that are bulky (Hammons, Haas, Biggie) we highlight those and put them to work on the block (even Tre last year). If you are a BIG and have both aspects of mobility and strength, you will be highlighted and utilized for more than just screens.

Last edited:
I like Dickinson a lot, but I'm here to second (and third) subscribing to the Athletic.

Especially if you're a fan of multiple teams. I get pretty much all my news from there and it is super in depth.

Maybe afraid he'd accept and leave no room for Dickinson .... the curse with the blessing of being a high-demand destination.

Would 4 years of Loveday be better than one year of Dickinson?

Admittedly it’s difficult to measure just that as Purdue has a chance at Furst the following year. And one year of Dickinson and Furst would be ridiculous. Not to mention if you can pair Furst with Chet, Purdue should be a favorite to win a national title with the talent they would have at that point.

Try and push all that aside when making the decision though. Just focus on one year of Dickinson (1 yr) vs Loveday (4 yr).

Reactions: ChuckJr

Admittedly it’s difficult to measure just that as Purdue has a chance at Furst the following year. And one year of Dickinson and Furst would be ridiculous. Not to mention if you can pair Furst with Chet, Purdue should be a favorite to win a national title with the talent they would have at that point.

Try and push all that aside when making the decision though. Just focus on one year of Dickinson (1 yr) vs Loveday (4 yr).
You think Dickinson is a OAD? Maybe 5-10 years ago I would agree but not in today’s game.

I've debated this until the horse was beaten to jelly. I have always been on the side of the 4 year guy (ask @Wolegib). In this situation, I'm on the side of Painter. He's the guy who's ass is on the line with this choice and I like where his ass has been recently ...

I've debated this until the horse was beaten to jelly. I have always been on the side of the 4 year guy (ask @Wolegib). In this situation, I'm on the side of Painter. He's the guy who's ass is on the line with this choice and I like where his ass has been recently ...
Ideally I would like the 3/4 year guy for the majority of the roster, but with the occasional 1-2 year guy sprinkled in to get us over the top.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT