ADVERTISEMENT

The Athletic-BIG preseason media poll

https://theathletic.com/577576/2018...ketball-media-poll-plus-my-picks-for-2018-19/

The Athletic has posted their preseason media poll for the Big Ten this year. They polled 2 media members from each school. It’s a pretty good write up for anyone that’s interested. Includes All BIG teams, player of the year, etc. The article seems to be free, as I was able to view it without an Athletic subscription.

You mean to tell me Illinois ISN'T better than Michigan State, Josh Langford is "simply not good at basketball", and Romeo Langford "won't be one of the 5 best freshman"? Color me shocked, for a minute there I thought everyone shared that opinion.

You mean to tell me Illinois ISN'T better than Michigan State, Josh Langford is "simply not good at basketball", and Romeo Langford "won't be one of the 5 best freshman"? Color me shocked, for a minute there I thought everyone shared that opinion.
Not saying you are wrong, but my advice would be to wait for the season to get underway before crowing about being right.

You are, after all, talking to a single poster who happens to carry a dissenting opinion. I know you have this burning desire to show all of us you are right and he is wrong, but I recommend waiting just a bit. Your opinion happens to match a composite of all the other writers polled, but that is not really a great achievement. It's like saying "I took the safe route and espoused what everyone said".

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Not saying you are wrong, but my advice would be to wait for the season to get underway before crowing about being right.

You are, after all, talking to a single poster who happens to carry a dissenting opinion. I know you have this burning desire to show all of us you are right and he is wrong, but I recommend waiting just a bit. Your opinion happens to match a composite of all the other writers polled, but that is not really a great achievement. It's like saying "I took the safe route and espoused what everyone said".

I think it’s the other way around. Most level-headed or sane people understand and accept that MSU is going to be one of the best teams in the conference. Just like most agree that a top 5 National recruit will be one of the best 5 freshman in his own conference, especially when the 4 players rated ahead of him all play in the same conference. He’s the one who’s out to prove he’s right. Look at the way he posts and the egregious stances he takes that are backed by cherry-picked stats.

I think it’s the other way around. Most level-headed or sane people understand and accept that MSU is going to be one of the best teams in the conference. Just like most agree that a top 5 National recruit will be one of the best 5 freshman in his own conference, especially when the 4 players rated ahead of him all play in the same conference. He’s the one who’s out to prove he’s right. Look at the way he posts and the egregious stances he takes that are backed by cherry-picked stats.
At least he backs his opinions with facts, cherry picked or not. I appreciate the dissenting side of this debate, and I appreciate the use of logic and statistics to back it up. I see no reason for you to deride this guy's opinion, especially since the season hasn't started yet, and EVERY prediction is just a PREDICTION!

At least he backs his opinions with facts, cherry picked or not. I appreciate the dissenting side of this debate, and I appreciate the use of logic and statistics to back it up. I see no reason for you to deride this guy's opinion, especially since the season hasn't started yet, and EVERY prediction is just a PREDICTION!

I’m not deriding his opinion. He’s already set up strawmen arguments for every one of his outrageous opinions because his “facts” and “stats” are cherry picked.

1. Illinois will finish better than MSU because Matt McQuaid and Josh Langford are going to start and according to mgk they “simply aren’t good at basketball”. All the while he states that Illinois will be better at basketball not only because of JUST those two MSU players but bases it off the fact that Illinois had two underclassmen guards last year with better analytical numbers than Langford and McQuaid while completey dismissing that MSU also has Nick Ward, Cassius Winston, a 10x better recruiting class than Illinois on top of having one of the best coaches in the country. Now it’s very possible the two players on Illinois, Frazier and Nichols, end up with better “stats” than McQuaid and Langford (every bad team has to have somebody put up numbers) and even though MSU is likely going to finish anywhere from 6-10 games better than Illinois in the conference standings, he’s already built the straw man argument about Frazier and Nichols being better than Langford and McQuaid. It’s the type of person he is.

2. Romeo Langford won’t be one of the top 5 freshman in the B10 based on a cherry-picked stat that Romeo isn’t a very good 3 point shooter by %. It’s very likely Romeo is the unanimous, runaway B10 Freshman POY and it’s very possible he’s the unanimous, runaway B10 Freshman POY even while shooting only a modest to low 3pt% (<35%). But he’s already built that straw man argument that Romeo by % isn’t a good 3pt shooter as a disingenuous qualification for freshman POY. It’s the type of person he is.

Last edited:
Reactions: echs86
Did Langford make the most corrupt list? I think he, and his father, have a damn good shot at that.

Reactions: choptalk
I’m not deriding his opinion. He’s already set up strawmen arguments for every one of his outrageous opinions because his “facts” and “stats” are cherry picked.

1. Illinois will finish better than MSU because Matt McQuaid and Josh Langford are going to start and according to mgk they “simply aren’t good at basketball”. All the while he states that Illinois will be better at basketball not only because of JUST those two MSU players but bases it off the fact that Illinois had two underclassmen guards last year with better analytical numbers than Langford and McQuaid while completey dismissing that MSU also has Nick Ward, Cassius Winston, a 10x better recruiting class than Illinois on top of having one of the best coaches in the country. Now it’s very possible the two players on Illinois, Frazier and Nichols, end up with better “stats” than McQuaid and Langford (every bad team has to have somebody put up numbers) and even though MSU is likely going to finish anywhere from 6-10 games better than Illinois in the conference standings, he’s already built the straw man argument about Frazier and Nichols being better than Langford and McQuaid. It’s the type of person he is.

2. Romeo Langford won’t be one of the top 5 freshman in the B10 based on a cherry-picked stat that Romeo isn’t a very good 3 point shooter by %. It’s very likely Romeo is the unanimous, runaway B10 Freshman POY and it’s very possible he’s the unanimous, runaway B10 Freshman POY even while shooting only a modest to low 3pt% (<35%). But he’s already built that straw man argument that Romeo by % isn’t a good 3pt shooter as a disingenuous qualification for freshman POY. It’s the type of person he is.
...and, so what? He is entitled to his opinion. I don't happen to share it, but I can't refute it, except by saying, "Hey look, everybody else predicts something else". Not really a courageous or independently supported response.

It is just an opinion. Don't get so over the top trying to prove he is wrong, especially before the season starts. Hell, he could be right!

OK, yes, Michigan State lost a pair of lottery picks. It’s no small matter. However, find me a combination of guards in the Big Ten better than Cassius Winston and Joshua Langford

Literally every single one besides Rutgers

Poole and Simpson > Ca$$ius and Lolford
Carsen and Cline
Frazier and Ayo
Watson and Palmer
Washington and Coffey
Bohannon and Moss
Cowan and Morsell or Wiggins
Trice and Davison
Reeves and Wheeler (maybe stevens)
Taylor and Law
Cj Jackson and Muhammed

Then Green and Langford are tied so theyre only better than Rutgers, tied with Indiana, and worse than every other guard combo

Last edited:
Reactions: ThreeTwaunMoore
Literally every single one besides Rutgers (well Indianas too)

So 11 out if 13 remaining combos are better.

Carsen and Cline
Frazier and Ayo
Watson and Palmer
Washington and Coffey
Bohannon and Moss
Trice and Davison
Taylor and Law
Cj Jackson and Muhammed

This is what I’m talking about @mathboy

https://theathletic.com/577576/2018...ketball-media-poll-plus-my-picks-for-2018-19/

The Athletic has posted their preseason media poll for the Big Ten this year. They polled 2 media members from each school. It’s a pretty good write up for anyone that’s interested. Includes All BIG teams, player of the year, etc. The article seems to be free, as I was able to view it without an Athletic subscription.
Here are the actual votes, linked in the article.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...43IYpeeFY_B8aXoX_uRWlajplnUkj1Ui64IW0/pubhtml

The only thing that is clearly wrong is the "consensus" selection of Remon Lungfried for frosh-of-the-year. (The author called it "consensus" when the word he was looking for was "unanimous".)

This is what I’m talking about @mathboy
I understand what your opinion is, but why not let MKG have his? At this point in the season, nobody can he is wrong. His position is not shared by as many as the more conventional position you want to force on him, but so what?

Hell, I happen the think the MSU guards will be the weak point of that team, and not their strength as the writer thinks. In that respect, MKG has a point. Like him, I think there are several BIG teams with better starting guards. and the writer is full of shit.

I understand what your opinion is, but why not let MKG have his? At this point in the season, nobody can he is wrong. His position is not shared by as many as the more conventional position you want to force on him, but so what?

Hell, I happen the think the MSU guards will be the weak point of that team, and not their strength as the writer thinks. In that respect, MKG has a point. Like him, I think there are several BIG teams with better starting guards. and the writer is full of shit.

There isn’t a PG in the B10 better than Winston and while Langford certainly isn’t the best SG in the B10 (Carsen, other Langford, Matthews) but he’s up there. They may not be the “best” backcourt pair in the B10 as the author put it, but 12th out of 14? Considering one is an AA caliber player and the other an honorable mention all-conference caliber player, it’s an horrific take. There’s players on his list who haven’t started a game in their career, let alone played in one.

Wow....I don't agree with Mgk's take either, but seriously can we not derail the whole thread right off the bat with this same tired back and forth?

I do think it's interesting the range of positions that some teams were voted in. Just shows how much uncertainty there is and how competitive and tight the BIG race could be this season.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Wow....I don't agree with Mkg's take either, but seriously can we not derail the whole thread right off the bat with this same tired back and forth?

I do think it's interesting the range of positions that some teams were voted in. Just shows how much uncertainty there is and how competitive and tight the BIG race could be this season.

Sure. I think teams 1 and 2 (MSU and UM) are a good notch above everybody else. 3 through 7 or 8 could go in any direction. I think IU and Nebraska should be 5 and 6 and I would have Maryland and Wisconsin at 3 and 4. I would have Purdue 7 and I’m fine with Ohio State at 8.

Look at last years predictions pretty much was wrong most of these ppl predicting who will finish were are guessing bcuz of what returns. Northwestern came in a top 25 what happen. Minnesota was a favorite to be a heavy weight too a lot happened on and off the court. Every year Kentucky and duke are predicted to get to final 4 or win natl championship last 3 year neither has reached that yet. Last season Ohio st was to finish last they didn’t. MIch st was to reach the final 4 knocked out in 2nd round. Tennessee was to finish last ln the sec shared the title I say this to say you are right predictions are just that an opinion not facts. Playing games will determine who finish were. Loyola barely even made Ncaa Tournament but look what happen. Virginia was predicated to get to final 4 what happen. Shall I go on with these so call Andy Katz, CBS, SI or any other pre season predictors believe they are right NO. Every team has to play the games so many factors that can change the course of a season I pray Purdue stay on course injury free and prove every ranking wrong only way that happens they have to play let’s see how it all shakes out.

There isn’t a PG in the B10 better than Winston and while Langford certainly isn’t the best SG in the B10 (Carsen, other Langford, Matthews) but he’s up there. They may not be the “best” backcourt pair in the B10 as the author put it, but 12th out of 14? Considering one is an AA caliber player and the other an honorable mention all-conference caliber player, it’s an horrific take. There’s players on his list who haven’t started a game in their career, let alone played in one.
I’ll take Edwards and Eastern all day over that MSU duo, just my opinion.

Mckcbb is in your head, Bab. You wake up triggered by him, even when he doesn't do anything.

You complain that "There’s players on his list who haven’t started a game in their career, let alone played in one", then you tout the coming dominance of Lameford.

He backs up his opinions with stats and facts while you back yours with emotion. He wins.

Mckcbb is in your head, Bab. You wake up triggered by him, even when he doesn't do anything.

You complain that "There’s players on his list who haven’t started a game in their career, let alone played in one", then you tout the coming dominance of Lameford.

He backs up his opinions with stats and facts while you back yours with emotion. He wins.

He wins? Wins what? The argument? You realize you can form an opinion, throw in a disingenuous stat or two, and still be completely off base right? You’re really going to say that Illinois is a better team than MSU because they have two players with better analytical stats than two players from MSU and say that’s a fact-based opinion? Or because you aren’t a good 3pt shooter you can’t be one of the best freshman in the conference? How ridiculous does that sound? It’s literally the equivalent of me saying Shaquille O’Neal isn’t good at basketball because he isn’t a good free throw shooter. It’s an opinion backed by a cherry-picked stat.

Reactions: guppy likes purdue
Literally every single one besides Rutgers

Carsen and Cline
Frazier and Ayo
Watson and Palmer
Washington and Coffey
Bohannon and Moss
Trice and Davison
Taylor and Law
Cj Jackson and Muhammed

Then Green and Langford are tied so theyre only better than Rutgers, tied with Indiana, and worse than every other guard combo

My favorite part of this is when you list the guys Penn State and NW are likely to use at the 3 and 4 as better guards than the MSU or IU guys because NW and Penn State’s actual guards are so so bad or unknown.

Nice!

My favorite part of this is when you list the guys Penn State and NW are likely to use at the 3 and 4 as better guards than the MSU or IU guys because NW and Penn State’s actual guards are so so bad or unknown.

Nice!

Add:

Palmer from Nebraska who isn’t their SG and only shot 30% from 3 last year so he’s not good at basketball either per MGK’s criteria.

It’s not clear that true freshman Luther Muhammed is even going to start for OSU, yet he’s better than 2 year starter Josh Langford who’s a career 10+ppg scorer and 40+% 3pt shooter.

Last edited:
I mean this in no personal way and Im sure he is a wonderful kid, but strixtly basketball wise, Josh Langford has honestly been one of the worst starters in the entire nation, low majors included.

He had a negative net rating on a KenPom top 10 team who had the 13th best offense and 10th best defense. Like I cant even wrap my head how bad that rating is an elite top 10 defense.

He had only 3.0 win shares while playing 27 mins per game on a 30 win team(!!!) Freshman shooting guard Brad Davison of Wisconsin had 2.9 win shares on a team that won half as many games as MSU.
Every other MSU starter had 4.3 or more.

Box +/- of 2.4, again, on a 30 win team that had both a top 15 offense and defense.

Here were MSUs other starters and their Box +/-

Jaren Jackson 15.4
Ca$$ius Winston 9.7
Miles Bridges 9.2
Nick Ward 8.8
Josh Langford 2.4

One of those 5 is not like the other.

You'd have to put Steph Curry at point guard to make up for how poor at basketball he has been if you wanted him to be part of the leagues best guard duo.

It is an immediate indicator that you dont really know what youre talking about if you want to argue with me that Langford is one of the best shooting guards in the league. He isnt. He was, without a doubt, the absolute worst starting guard in the entire league last season during conference play.

You can tell which writers and posters dont actually watch him play when they reference his points per game as some sort of positive for him.

In conference play, he averaged 10.6 points per game by chucking up 9.8 field goals per game. You scored 10 points per game when you attempted 10 shots per game? Is there anyone else in the entire conference who attempted 10 field goals per game and only posted 10 points per game?

Had a True Shooting % of .486, again, on an elite offensive team where everyone else who played major mins had great True Shooting %.

Here are MSUs other starters and their True Shooting % in conference play

Jaren Jackson JR .694
Ca$$ius Winston. .687
Nick Ward .627
Miles Bridges .588
Josh Langford .486

One of those players are not like the others.

He had the second worst defensive rating on the team at 108.1 during conference play

Here are MSUs other starters and their Defensive Ratings in conference play

Jaren Jackson 90.7
Nick Ward 93.8
Miles Bridges 100.6
Ca$$ius Winston 105.2
Josh Langford 108.1

One of those 5 is not like the others. To be fair though, Ca$$ius rating is pretty bad considering he played so many minutes with the other 3 as well. But everyone acknowledges hes bad defensively, just not as horrible as Langford, and Ca$$ius is an elite offensive player to more than make up for it.

And Langford got to play alot of minutes with Jaren Jackson, who had a defensive rating of 90.7! Imagine how bad his defensive rating wouldve been had JJJ not shared the floor with himso much erasing all his mistakes at the rim. Oh wait, thats right, we will get to see him play all of his minutes without JJJ this year. Yikes for MSUs defense.

None of those factors all by themselves would necessarily doom Langford, but all of them combined show hes really in over his head. I honestly believe he is better suited at a low major level. Or maybe a team like Oakland, Western Michigan, something teetering between low and mid major.

For whoever that writer is for the Athletic to say Langford is one of the better guards in the conference is just irresponsible journalism. He should be reprimanded for that take, considering the mountain of evidence disproving it.

Summarizing: Donald Trump is president. Grass is green. The sky is blue. Accordingly, Purdue is one of the worst teams in the B1G.

See what I did there? Fact-based argument! You have to respect my opinion and wait until the end of the season before telling me it’s dumb!

That’s mgk in a nutshell

Last edited:
Reactions: Bay Area Boiler
In conference play, he averaged 10.6 points per game by chucking up 9.8 field goals per game. You scored 10 points per game when you attempted 10 shots per game? Is there anyone else in the entire conference who attempted 10 field goals per game and only posted 10 points per game?

Caleb Swanigan as a freshman averaged 9.8 points on 8 shot attempts in conference playing 4 less minutes a game than Langford. Their conference offensive per 40 minute totals are almost identical. Surely Swanigan wasn't one of the worst starters in the nation as a freshman and suited for a low major program like IPFW or IUPUI right? See what I did there? They had identical W/S as well. Please make the argument that during the 2016-2017 Caleb Swanigan was one of the worst starters in the nation, I'm begging you too actually.

Last edited:
Caleb Swanigan as a freshman averaged 9.8 points on 8 shot attempts in conference playing 4 less minutes a game than Langford. Their conference offensive per 40 minute totals are almost identical. Surely Swanigan wasn't one of the worst starters in the nation as a freshman and suited for a low major program like IPFW or IUPUI right? See what I did there? They had identical W/S as well. Please make the argument that during the 2016-2017 Caleb Swanigan was one of the worst offensive starters in the nation, I'm begging you too actually.

None of those factors all by themselves would necessarily doom Langford, but all of them combined show hes really in over his head. I honestly believe he is better suited at a low major level. Or maybe a team like Oakland, Western Michigan, something teetering between low and mid major.

Lets first laugh at the fact youre comparing someones true freshman year, where nearly every single player struggles (as youve said yourself when you declared Isaiah Thompson would "suck") to another players sophomore year, where every single player makes a jump.

Lets also notice Langford was horrible everywhere. Offensively, defensively, rebounding, assists, steals.

By the way, Swanigan had those win shares playing less minutes on a team that won 4 less games.

Swanigan and Langford are not even in the same stratosphere. How you can even compare them is laugjable. If Swanigan had a sophomore year as bad as Langford, he would not be in the NBA right now. If Swanigan had a freshman year as good as his sophomore year, he wouldve never played 2 years at Purdue.

By the way, Swanigan's 9.8 ÷ 8.1 = 1.21 points per shot which is a huge reason why his True Shooting was .519 compared to:

Josh Langford 10.6 ÷ 9.8 = 1.08 points per shot and a True Shooting % of .486.

Swanigan was not great as a freshman, but he was clearly superior to Langford offensively. That really is a laughable comparison.

Lets first laugh at the fact youre comparing someones true freshman year, where nearly every single player struggles (as youve said yourself when you declared Isaiah Thompson would "suck") to another players sophomore year, where every single player makes a jump.

Lets also notice Langford was horrible everywhere. Offensively, defensively, rebounding, assists, steals.

By the way, Swanigan had those win shares playing less minutes on a team that won 4 less games.

Swanigan and Langford are not even in the same stratosphere. How you can even compare them is laugjable. If Swanigan had a sophomore year as bad as Langford, he would not be in the NBA right now. If Swanigan had a freshman year as good as his sophomore year, he wouldve never played 2 years at Purdue.

Lets first laugh and try and pinpoint where I ever said Isaiah Thompson would "suck". Saying a player isn't big/strong enough to be relied upon as a true freshman does not imply that they suck. So you're an idiot there.

Let's also note that Swanigan and Langford play two different positions. Regardless they had identical W/S on both the offensive and defensive ends of the floor which is what you argued as well as pointing out # of points in correlation with # of shot attempts which per 40 minutes are also identical. You didn't say anything about what year they had to be (example of you cherry picking, again) you flat out said Langford was one of the worst starters in college basketball and when faced with a rebuttal with an example of a player who had identical numbers you start back peddling. YOU ARE A LOSER!!!

By the way, Swanigan's 9.8 ÷ 8.1 = 1.21 points per shot which is a huge reason why his True Shooting was .519 compared to:

Josh Langford 10.6 ÷ 9.8 = 1.08 points per shot and a True Shooting % of .486.

Swanigan was not great as a freshman, but he was clearly superior to Langford offensively. That really is a laughable comparison.

Hey dumb Sh*t, Langford had a better offensive rtg than freshman Swanigan did in both his freshman and sophomore years. Offensive rtg is the EXACT metric you used to explain why Langford was "one of the worst starters in college basketball", yet you have the gall to say Swanigan was clearly a superior player? You aren't fooling anyone.

Hey @Mgkcbb , what do you think about Brian not only picking Romeo as the Freshman of the Year, but also as All Big Ten 1st team?

Writers for SI, ESPN, Rivals, etc. Posters here. Casual big ten fans. All of these same people are very likely to pick the highest rated recruit for freshman of the year.

I would be surprised if anyone picked a freshman for Frosh of the year besides Romeo Langford. Its just such an easy pick to make with no backlash.

He could have a True Shooting % of .467, be wildly inefficient, and Indiana misd the tournament again and he might still be voted freshman of the year if he chucks up alot of shots and puts up a high point total per game.

So that alone makes him a safe pick.

We know this simply by looking at the number of people in this thread alone who are actually arguing with me about Josh Langford. Langford chucked up a bunch of shots and it doesnt matter to low IQ casual basketball fans because he scored in double figures.

Seriously, the writer for The Athletic just called Langford and Winston the best guard duo in the league and then cited Langfords scoring per game as if its some sort of accomplishment to score 10 points per game by attempting 10 shots per game.

Writers for SI, ESPN, Rivals, etc. Posters here. Casual big ten fans. All of these same people are very likely to pick the highest rated recruit for freshman of the year.

I would be surprised if anyone picked a freshman for Frosh of the year besides Romeo Langford. Its just such an easy pick to make with no backlash.

He could have a True Shooting % of .467, be wildly inefficient, and Indiana misd the tournament again and he might still be voted freshman of the year if he chucks up alot of shots and puts up a high point total per game.

We know this simply by looking at the number of people in this thread alone who are actually arguing with me about Josh Langford. Langford chucked up a bunch of shots and it doesnt matter to low IQ casual basketball fans because he scored in double figures.

Seriously, the writer for The Athletic just called Langford and Winston the best guard duo in the league and then cited Langfords scoring per game as if its some sort of accomplishment to score 10 points per game by attempting 10 shots per game.

Low IQ basketball fans? You've never participated in an athletic event in your life. Anybody can sit there and analyze a bunch of stats but only an idiot like yourself would analyze identical stats between two players and then dismiss one over the other because it doesn't fit their narrative. You just lost at your own game. You have zero credibility on here with ability to nitpick and cherry picked a singular stat to try and push a narrative.

Hey dumb Sh*t, Langford had a better offensive rtg than freshman Swanigan did in both his freshman and sophomore years. Offensive rtg is the EXACT metric you used to explain why Langford was "one of the worst starters in college basketball", yet you have the gall to say Swanigan was clearly a superior player? You aren't fooling anyone.

Wrong again Indiana troll

Swanigans offensive rating his sophomore year was 116.2. In conference play it was 114.6

Langfords as a sophomore was 109.0. In conference play it dipped to 102.5

Seriously, stop comparing Josh Langford, who didnt even make all conference, to a consensus 1st team All American.

Swanigan was way better than Langford.

As a matter of fact, Im no longer responding to you. Youve got to come with better basketball discussion than comparing Josh Langford to Caleb Swanigan.

I'm not talking about the other writers or Josh Langford. I was asking you specifically about Brian picking Romeo to be 1st team All-Big Ten since you pay for his material.

Reactions: echs86
I'm not talking about the other writers or Josh Langford. I was asking you specifically about Brian picking Romeo to be 1st team All-Big Ten since you pay for his material.

I dont think one way or the other about it. I dont care and would likely never have known he did pick Romeo Langford had you not come to a Purdue board and tagged me just to tell me he did.

Wrong again Indiana troll

Swanigans offensive rating his sophomore year was 116.2. In conference play it was 114.6

Langfords as a sophomore was 109.0. In conference play it dipped to 102.5

Seriously, stop comparing Josh Langford, who didnt even make all conference, to a consensus 1st team All American.

Swanigan was way better than Langford.

As a matter of fact, Im no longer responding to you. Youve got to come with better basketball discussion than comparing Josh Langford to Caleb Swanigan.

I'm not comparing Swanigan's sophomore year to either of Langford's two years you dolt. You just said Langford was one of the worst starters in college basketball last year based on his ppg average in correlation to the # of shots he took as well as his offensive and defensive rating in relation to the # of W/S. Freshman Swanigan and Sophomore Langford had identical W/S in the years I'm comparing them H2H and they averaged nearly the same amount of points on a related # of shot attempts per their 40 minute totals. You said find me another player who averaged 10.6 ppg on 9.8 fga per game. I just showed you Swanigan's freshman year stats that were identical to Langford's stats last year, yet I don't ever recall anyone calling Caleb Swanigan one of the "worst starters in college basketball".

I dont think one way or the other about it. I dont care and would likely never have known he did pick Romeo Langford had you not come to a Purdue board and tagged me just to tell me he did.
Well now you know;).

(It's in the article in the OP of this thread though)

Well now you know;).

(It's in the article in the OP of this thread though)

This is the honest truth. I clicked x and closed the article immediately when I read the next paragraph

OK, yes, Michigan State lost a pair of lottery picks. It’s no small matter. However, find me a combination of guards in the Big Ten better than Cassius Winston and Joshua Langford

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT