ADVERTISEMENT

The art of the deal

Mar 31, 2004
Is this correct?
Trump negotiated a deal with the Taliban which;
1. Set a withdrawal date for U.S. forces
2. Did not include the Afghan gov't
3. Released Taliban detainees some from Guantanamo. At least one now heads the Afghan gov't
4. Did not require a cease fire for all parties and helped lead to a total Taliban takeover.

If so, is this what Trump means by the art of the deal?

Reactions: Bill4411
Is this correct?
3. Released Taliban detainees some from Guantanamo. At least one now heads the Afghan gov't
4. Did not require a cease fire for all parties and helped lead to a total Taliban takeover.

This mess is on Biden and his ineptitude , try and spin it any way your TDS leads you but it all comes back to Biden.

Reactions: SKYDOG and BSIT
Is this correct?
The withdrawal date was conditional on no Taliban aggression until that date and other requirements.
One of the withdrawal requirements was negotiating with the existing Afghan Government.
Not a good move by Trump.
The Taliban were not advancing under Trump. Trump put out every offensive movement immediately.
He was also going to keep a presence in Afghanistan by keeping a secure force at the Borghem air base.

We will never know if t was a good or bad deal for the withdrawal of our assets and citizens in Afghanistan.
What we do know is the alternative was a CF.

The withdrawal date was conditional on no Taliban aggression until that date and other requirements.

One of the withdrawal requirements was negotiating with the existing Afghan Government.

Not a good move by Trump.

The Taliban were not advancing under Trump. Trump put out every offensive movement immediately.
He was also going to keep a presence in Afghanistan by keeping a secure force at the Borghem air base.

We will never know if t was a good or bad deal for the withdrawal of our assets and citizens in Afghanistan.
What we do know is the alternative was a CF.

Please don't try to confuse our wako left Dem-witts freinds with facts.

Actually, I am not a "Dem-witt". I am an independent who usually votes Republican. It would appear both Trump and Biden bear responsibility for this fiasco. That is how a true independent will see it.

Often the confused dont even know it.

Actually, I am not a "Dem-witt". I am an independent who usually votes Republican. It would appear both Trump and Biden bear responsibility for this fiasco. That is how a true independent will see it.
The fiasco is a result of the idiotic decisions to withdraw troops and abandon Bagram before US citizens and allies were evacuated. Those were Biden decisions - or at least whoever makes decisions for him.

Those were Biden decisions - or at least whoever makes decisions for him.
Susan Rice on foreign policy maybe? I am not buying for a second she is only doing domestic policy. Just a guess, but think he put her in that position because he knew she would have trouble getting confirmed by Senate on a high level foreign policy position.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Trump painted Biden in a corner with his agreement. Biden then F'd it up from there with the evacuation. Perhaps you do not realize you are the confused one.

One cannot count the number of agreements. laws and executive orders Biden has overturned, ignored and rescinded. Thus, your "Trump/Taliban agreement" point that you heard on your lib news outlet is not only totally void......but only the very obtuse would try to bring it up.

Trump painted Biden in a corner with his agreement. Biden then F'd it up from there with the evacuation. Perhaps you do not realize you are the confused one.

You can criticize Trump admin agreement. But getting out of Afghanistan is one of the things Biden ran on. He was in favor of getting out. The Trump agreement left Biden with multiple ways to get out of the agreement. Biden ignored the conditions in the agreement that the Taliban wasn't meeting. And Biden set his own 9/11 timeline for withdrawal (didn't follow the Trump agreement).

Withdrawal disaster is on Biden. You can also criticize Bush, Obama, and Trump for the role they played in Afghanistan. But Biden entirely owns the execution of the withdrawal. Nobody to blame for that except his own incompetence.

Reactions: BSIT
Cmmon Man , Biden is a tough guy who said he would take Trump out behind school and beat him up. Chalk that up to another one of Biden’s lies

Only 2500 troops left, a stated withdrawal date and the Taliban advancing. Do you:
1. Ramp up again
2. Get out

Biden chose option 2 and F'd it up.
3,500 US troops left for Biden + 7,000 Nato Troops + U.S. Air Support + Afghan Army (that was doing all the fighting ).

Biden had a lot of options on the table, including keeping troop levels where they were. Biden tried to sell it like he only had 2 choices. Looks like some people actually believed him.

You can criticize Trump admin agreement. But getting out of Afghanistan is one of the things Biden ran on. He was in favor of getting out. The Trump agreement left Biden with multiple ways to get out of the agreement. Biden ignored the conditions in the agreement that the Taliban wasn't meeting. And Biden set his own 9/11 timeline for withdrawal (didn't follow the Trump agreement).

Withdrawal disaster is on Biden. You can also criticize Bush, Obama, and Trump for the role they played in Afghanistan. But Biden entirely owns the execution of the withdrawal. Nobody to blame for that except his own incompetence.
The Taliban were violating the conditions when trump was STILL in office, yet he continued the troop withdrawal. Trump officials were quick to point out Taliban violations when Joe was in office but did nothing to alter or enforce the agreement when trump was in office.

Read the Doha agreement. It's unenforceable, put way too much trust in the Taliban, and barely required any concessions from them. They stalled the peace talks with the Afghan government......which did give us the right to withdraw from the agreement.

Where would that leave us? With less troops in Afghanistan that American citizens. The Taliban closing in. What then? Tell me. What then? Send in more troops?

Withdrawal from the agreement was not an option.

Trump had 4 years to get us out. A campaign promise broken. Set the terms and pass it on to the next guy. Biden had us out in 8 months. You don't like how, neither did I. But he kept his promise.

The Taliban were violating the conditions when trump was STILL in office, yet he continued the troop withdrawal. Trump officials were quick to point out Taliban violations when Joe was in office but did nothing to alter or enforce the agreement when trump was in office.

Read the Doha agreement. It's unenforceable, put way too much trust in the Taliban, and barely required any concessions from them. They stalled the peace talks with the Afghan government......which did give us the right to withdraw from the agreement.

Where would that leave us? With less troops in Afghanistan that American citizens. The Taliban closing in. What then? Tell me. What then? Send in more troops?

Trump had 4 years to get us out. A campaign promise broken. Set the terms and pass it on to the next guy. Biden had us out in 8 months. You don't like how, neither did I. But he kept his promise.
Here we are again with blaming Trump. How long will it take for the imbeciles you voted for to have some responsibility for the actions they put forth? Never seen or heard of anyone so obsessed about Trump. Give it a rest, Trump is no longer president.:rolleyes:

Here we are again with blaming Trump. How long will it take for the imbeciles you voted for to have some responsibility for the actions they put forth? Never seen or heard of anyone so obsessed about Trump. Give it a rest, Trump is no longer president.:rolleyes:
I've blamed Biden, I've blamed trump.

You blame Biden.

Who's obsessed? Who's not being objective? Look in the fvcking mirror dude.

This is a bad take. Biden is the President. He’s undone all kinds of things Trump did. His hands weren’t tied. He botched it and he owns it.

That said, he made the right decision, he just executed it stupidly.

Yep Trump didn't get out of Afghanistan. Fair criticism he didn't keep his promise.

Afghan Army, US Air cover, 3,500 US troops, 7,000 Nato Troops + Taliban not meeting conditions set in agreement gave Biden the flexibility to do whatever he wanted to do. There is a bit of a misconception that US troops had been fighting this war all these years. Under Obama it shifted to mainly Afghan Army fighting the war and U.S providing strategic help and air cover.

Biden wanted to get out, and didn't follow Trump's May 1st agreement. He wanted a campaign "mission accomplished" commercial for 9/11. So disregarded the May 1st deadline, and withdrew on his own timeline.

Biden then made a series of idiotic decisions in the execution of withdrawal.

You blame Biden.

Give that a try yourself, you are an absolute moron. I pity anyone that has to encounter you in real life on any regular basis. How do people like you get to be you anyway?

I actually feel sorry for bob, his life must be absolute hell

Reactions: SKYDOG

You blame Biden.

I have blamed Trump. This administration you voted for has caused a lot of pain for many in this country.
1. Immigration how many terrorist have come in?
2. Inflation on energy and food for the poor.
3. Paying people to stay home causing inflation and supply chain shortages
4. Handling of the virus not much better if any than Trump.
5. Killing good paying jobs with executive orders.
6. Making racists comments towards people.
7. Unifying the country as he promised. Yeah right!
8. Total Afghanistan disaster

There hasn’t been an administration that’s caused more harm to our country than this one in such a short time. If one is objective this can’t be defended.

Anyways carry on about Trump!

This is a bad take. Biden is the President. He’s undone all kinds of things Trump did. His hands weren’t tied. He botched it and he owns it.

Biden could have taken an unpopular war and revved it back up again. This would be necessary because the taliban were gaining ground. It is a civil war which is widely viewed as unwinnable. It is also a drain on resources when there are more pressing issues. That is the corner. I do agree with your last sentence.

Biden could have taken an unpopular war and revved it back up again. This would be necessary because the taliban were gaining ground. It is a civil war which is widely viewed as unwinnable. It is also a drain on resources when there are more pressing issues. That is the corner. I do agree with your last sentence.
There is middle ground between “Biden could’ve gotten the war going again” and “Biden’s decision was completely stupid.” Biden made the right call getting out of there; Biden’s decision to announce it and withdraw abruptly to win political points was stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT