ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Kevin Warren. The sport pillars collapse has begun.

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
Reactions: Cornmaker
Our Big Ten brother (Iowa) announced the closing of 4 sports teams. There will be a lot more B1G colleges to follow.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/fallout-begins-everybody-thank-mr-warren.326503/#post-8020306

No $'s = no non-revenue sports. A lot of young men and women will be disappointed at many of the B1G colleges. Somewhere lost in the shuffle were the voices of a lot of young men and women not getting to vote if they wanted to participate or not in the fall sports.
That was going to happen anyway without fans in the stands.

I just don't like that his son is still playing for the SEC. It makes his statements hypocritical of how the BT is trying to protect the BT athletes, but his son can still play for another conference.

I might have also read where he responded "well, he is an adult, so he can make his own decisions" We don't have adults that can make their own decisions in the BT also? It looks like a double standard to me.

I just don't like that his son is still playing for the SEC. It makes his statements hypocritical of how the BT is trying to protect the BT athletes, but his son can still play for another conference.

I might have also read where he responded "well, he is an adult, so he can make his own decisions" We don't have adults that can make their own decisions in the BT also? It looks like a double standard to me.
Last I knew his son was an adult he doesn’t have any say whatsoever.

I wonder if any of the B1G presidents or Chancellors have offspring playing fall sports anywhere....would be interesting to know.

Nothing like seeing hundreds of HS football games being played in Indiana last night and yet the BIG won’t play. So I guess the IHSSA and all the Indiana HS don't care about the health of the student athletes. LOL. Maybe they do care about the student athletes and understand how important it is for these youngsters to get to play their sports. Sometimes as we get older people forget what it was like to be a kid and how important sports were to us. For many being on an athletic team kept kids out of trouble and in school. To just say it’s just a sport belittles it. It’s more than that.

If the ACC , Big 12 and SEC seasons get played this year this will hurt recruiting for years. And probably rightfully so.

Bull - He guided them to this decision. If he was against it, the presidents would not have pushed for it. They are sheep.
Why would he lead them to this decision when he is the B1G commissioner of sports?
Why would he lead them to this decision when his son plays football in the SEC?
Why would he lead them to this decision when the backlash (as we have seen) would be enormous?
What did he have to gain by leading them to this decision?
Unbelievable!

Reactions: DAG10 and ChuckJr
Why would he lead them to this decision when he is the B1G commissioner of sports?
Why would he lead them to this decision when the backlash (as we have seen) would be enormous?
Unbelievable!

He has aspirations higher than the B10 me thinks. He thought he was making a good move for Kevin Wilson and he miscalculated. He's clearly left aligned and Whitmer is clearly an ally. He's from MN which is already a left aligned hot bed.

Hes not a college guy or a B10 guy either, so he has no real skin in the game with the B10.

Finally, and most importantly, he's not that smart.

Nothing like seeing hundreds of HS football games being played in Indiana last night and yet the BIG won’t play. So I guess the IHSSA and all the Indiana HS don't care about the health of the student athletes. LOL. Maybe they do care about the student athletes and understand how important it is for these youngsters to get to play their sports. Sometimes as we get older people forget what it was like to be a kid and how important sports were to us. For many being on an athletic team kept kids out of trouble and in school. To just say it’s just a sport belittles it. It’s more than that.

If the ACC , Big 12 and SEC seasons get played this year this will hurt recruiting for years. And probably rightfully so.

B10 may never recover.

Reactions: IronChefBBQ
He has aspirations higher than the B10 me thinks. He thought he was making a good move for Kevin Wilson and he miscalculated. He's clearly left aligned and Whitmer is clearly an ally. He's from MN which is already a left aligned hot bed.

Hes not a college guy or a B10 guy either, so he has no real skin in the game with the B10.

You say Kevin Warren is not that smart. You could not even write the correct last name for him. You make HUGE assumptions and he is the one that is not smart by your standards? How does a person have over 3,000 posts in less than two years? Go outside, breathe some fresh air and maybe, just maybe, open some books and educate yourself.

You say Kevin Warren is not that smart. You could not even write the correct last name for him. You make HUGE assumptions and he is the one that is not smart by your standards? How does a person have over 3,000 posts in less than two years? Go outside, breathe some fresh air and maybe, just maybe, open some books and educate yourself.

Member since Aug 11, 2020

Reactions: Purdue85

Who cares if he is left aligned or right aligned? Just do the job and be accountable! Why does politics have to be brought into everything? Do you know how Jeff Brohm is aligned or Painter? Or do you just want them to be successful no matter how they vote? If you found out they were left aligned would you want them replaced? Sometimes politics clouds our judgement.

I agree with some of your points. Kind of lost me with the "he's not that smart" thing.

Ok conspiracy theorist, why did Mitch Daniels vote against playing fall sports?

Ok conspiracy theorist, why did Mitch Daniels vote against playing fall sports?

Excellent question. One to which we will likely never know the answer.

Related questions...

Why are they talking about playing fall sports in the winter? What will change?
Why is it okay to have students on campus but not on the field? How much more ... "dangerous" ... is it for them to be on the field?

As you might suspect, I have many, many more.

This issue reeks of inconsistent, illogical decisions.

Related questions...

Why is it okay to have students on campus but not on the field? How much more ... "dangerous" ... is it for them to be on the field?

Obviously we have no real idea, but I'm guessing they think we'll have a vaccine by the end of the year. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but many believe we're on track for it.

Reactions: Purdue85

Related questions...

There are answers to the questions, but you simply don't acknowledge them. Maybe you should ask Mitch?

Unbelievable!

his one goal is getting a new POTUS and his thinking is this will help topple Trump. Seriously

Agreed. The kids are going to go out and play with their friends regardless

Obviously we have no real idea, but I'm guessing they think we'll have a vaccine by the end of the year. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but many believe we're on track for it.
Sure seems like we will have a vaccine by October based on the results they are getting from Pfizer, BionTech and Modera (spelling?)
I don’t know a lot about the science, but I can read LOL. It’s a Messenger RNA Vaccine that they are working on.

The European companies have been working on it since January because “According to the articles that you can find in medical science journals“ they recognize back in January that this has the makings of a pandemic because of how people acquired the virus and how many people show no symptoms who acquired the virus.

The results from the phase 2 studies were exceptional, they were able to get the dosages figured out from the phase 1 study where they were side effects that would not be acceptable and in phase 2 they had excellent results. The phase 3 study with I believe it’s 30,000 participants is extremely promising. Apparently they can make 1 billion doses in a very very short period of time working with all the pharmaceutical companies together because it’s not a typical “flu shot type of vaccine”,The results from the phase 2 studies were exceptional, they were able to get the dosages figured out from the phase 1 studies where they were side effects that would not be acceptable and in phase 2 they had excellent results. The phase 3 study with I believe it’s 30,000 participants is extremely promising. Apparently they can make 1 billion doses in a very very short period of time working with all the pharmaceutical companies together because it’s not a typical “flu shot type of vaccine“ it’s M-RNA... Most companies showed away from this type of vaccine because of the way the body would attack the proteins and kill off the vaccine. But this one works differently and BionTech has been working with this type of technology for a long time for breast cancer vaccines which they are really good at (it helps to know someone over in Europe on the research side at this company)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT