ADVERTISEMENT

"Tear Up the Democratic Party"

terminalg92

All-American
Jul 24, 2001
Florin, CA
Interesting op-ed, I've seen this guy speak on CNN, overall generally reasonable although clearly has his populist-left biases. And this is surely a day-after reactionary piece:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/09/opinions/democratic-party-burn-tasini/index.html

I will say that if one put a gun to my head and made me vote for either Bernie or Hillary, I would vote for Bernie every single day of the week. Solely because he's not a compulsive liar, he's not a money-grubber, nor a fame merchant. And that's always a good place to start, despite the rest of my philosophical differences with him.

Reactions: boilersmitty
They say this ever President change.

In 2018 midterms they will elect a D house and senate just as they did in 2006. And then the reversal in 2010.

Interesting op-ed, I've seen this guy speak on CNN, overall generally reasonable although clearly has his populist-left biases. And this is surely a day-after reactionary piece:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/09/opinions/democratic-party-burn-tasini/index.html

I will say that if one put a gun to my head and made me vote for either Bernie or Hillary, I would vote for Bernie every single day of the week. Solely because he's not a compulsive liar, he's not a money-grubber, nor a fame merchant. And that's always a good place to start, despite the rest of my philosophical differences with him.
That guy hit the nail on the head in several areas.By screwing over many blue collar workers and letting the banks get away with a lot of nonsense,the Democrats paved the way for Donald.Yes,the Democrats need to say goodbye to the Clintons and rebuild from the ground up.

for the first time I can remember, the D candidate was the bigger wall street candidate, the bigger war hawk, and not hugely on the side of labor. from an independent point of view, she seemed to lack the typical charm democratic candidates have.

seriously though is there a bigger "compulsive liar" and "fame merchant" than Donald Trump. I swear I am not trying to be partisan with this question. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of your position.

for the first time I can remember, the D candidate was the bigger wall street candidate, the bigger war hawk, and not hugely on the side of labor. from an independent point of view, she seemed to lack the typical charm democratic candidates have.
and that's a damn good reason for us to lose!!

That guy hit the nail on the head in several areas.By screwing over many blue collar workers and letting the banks get away with a lot of nonsense,the Democrats paved the way for Donald.Yes,the Democrats need to say goodbye to the Clintons and rebuild from the ground up.
Is that why banks are celebrating the election of Donald Trump. have you watched bank stocks? They are all up!

Is that why banks are celebrating the election of Donald Trump. have you watched bank stocks? They are all up!
Sure,bank stocks are up,as they know Donald will be just as good for them as Bill Clinton was.

seriously though is there a bigger "compulsive liar" and "fame merchant" than Donald Trump. I swear I am not trying to be partisan with this question. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of your position.

What does Donald Trump have to do with what I wrote or with "my position"?

I didn't mention Donald Trump in my post.

And I sure as hell didn't vote for him.

So why exactly are you calling me hypocritical?

What does Donald Trump have to do with what I wrote or with "my position"?

I didn't mention Donald Trump in my post.

And I sure as hell didn't vote for him.

So why exactly are you calling me hypocritical?
my bad for presuming you supported for him. I was wrong.

my bad for presuming you supported for him. I was wrong.

No worries. I was one of the people who thought the whole batch of candidates this year sucked.

I voted for Gary Johnson because I run pretty libertarian, but I freely admit he was a weak candidate. I find him trustworthy/ethical/etc., just thought he fell way short in important areas like the ability to coherently state and defend his positions (lay off the weed!)

They say this ever President change.

In 2018 midterms they will elect a D house and senate just as they did in 2006. And then the reversal in 2010.

Take a look at the midterm map for 2018. Not favorable for democrats. Defending a lot of seats in red or red leaning states(IN/ND/WV/MT/FL/MZ) among others

No worries. I was one of the people who thought the whole batch of candidates this year sucked.

I voted for Gary Johnson because I run pretty libertarian, but I freely admit he was a weak candidate. I find him trustworthy/ethical/etc., just thought he fell way short in important areas like the ability to coherently state and defend his positions (lay off the weed!)
I think he became worse After he stopped using

What's Aleppo? Who is your favorite foreign political leader?

Johnson has smoked too many blunts, I think. His mental synapses aren't firing like they need to be.

Weld 2020
Weld is a washed up Establishment Republican. In 4 years, he'll be even older and more washed up. I don't think you'll see him in a major political campaign or position again. Also, how smart can he be? He tried to convince people to vote for HRC a few days before the election even though Johnson didn't want him to.

Weld was far and away a better candidate than Johnson. I'm sure he will not be a factor in 2020, but I hope for someone like him to emerge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT