ADVERTISEMENT

Swanigan decommitted...

MSU is loaded with power forwards, Cal is loaded with power forwards, if Kentucky is not they will be with their next recruiting class so if he is as good as some say he is he will PLAY the most at Purdue You just gotta think an old girlfriend who dumped you thinks she kinda may want you back...how does that usually turn out? I guess we can all hope but just let me know if he SIGNS with us, I am not getting caught up again with that old girlfriend that dumped me once before again! JMO

I'm ready for the spin doctors and loyal servants of King Izzo to come here and offer their dribble.

Multiple Cal sites have reported that they have heard from sources within the program that Cal is no longer recruiting Swanigan.

The guess is that one of those reasons is that Cal is indeed out of scholarships and Martin does not want to pull someone's scholly. The other reason posited is that Cal is a little leery of getting into bed with Roosevelt Barnes.

Plus, its obviously rumored that Barnes clearly wants Swanigan at Purdue.
Martin is a high character man, unlike Coach Clappy Crean down at IU, who does not hesitate to pull kids scholarships. If he doesn't end up at Purdue, pretty much all Purdue fans hope(d) he would play for Zo (Martin).

Reactions: woggy718
From what I am hearing, it looks like Purdue has 2 things going (which I hear leaning heavily) his guardian went there (which you will probably hear some things thrown out there on that), and #2 he wants to play guaranteed minutes at the 4 spot. He stated to some sources that Purdue has 2- 7 footers, so opens up the 4, which apparently doesn`t see anyone taking his mins., unlike MSU, which he`s worried about the long jam, and thinks he will not get to "showcase" his skills enough.

Reports that Purdue is a strong leader for landing his services. Interested to hear everyone's thoughts on this...
I heard Haas said he would kick his ass if he didn't come to Purdue now. Haas said you marry for money the first time and love the second time. We are love.

There is nobody I'd rather do this to than Izzo. I have great respect for MSU but I feel that Izzo sees us as a threat and will screw us every chance he gets.

There is nobody I'd rather do this to than Izzo. I have great respect for MSU but I feel that Izzo sees us as a threat and will screw us every chance he gets.
It's not my style but I really thought about going to the MSU site and calling out those 4 or 5 MSU pubic hair flossers who were here within minutes after he declared, to puff their little boy chests out. A couple more beers and I might be that guy now though. It's justice wherever he ends up now.

Swanigan himself said we were NOT in his top 3. Based on that I would say Cal or Duke...his others in the top 3. Duke is now after a 6-8 guy who is the son of David Robinson. So looks like CAL.

If he comes to Purdue after saying that above....recruiting is plain CRAZY.

this

Maybe he's just humoring the Gold & Black folk who weren't paying attention when he said that Purdue wasn't in his own top three. If I had to guess, I'm guessing he wants to join that already historically good 2015 class at Cal-Berkeley.

I'll get excited and confused if I see in writing that he commits to Purdue. Until then, it's just another round of teasing the fans, IMO.

I just did a little dance.

thumbs-up-boy.jpg

You're pretty smart for a little guy (picture) but you need to start taking vitamins.

I know I've been gone for a bit, but this should shut the haters up. And make Purdue one helluva team.

I'm not getting my hopes up or emotional invested. Great to hear all this but my gut says Ky. I'm still praying, and I here he has a girlfriend who he doesnt want to go too far from so there may be a chance.

Reactions: Wildmanroom
Whether he ends up at Purdue or not the fact that he is not going to MSU where we would have to face him is a HUGE win for Purdue.

It's funny to see everyone going ape shit like this yet still refuse to pay, me included, considering how much Brian laid out. Haha let's all just hope he's right and pray nothing changes between now and enrollment.

The only thing is I'm not sure who he displaces... Move Vince to the 3? But then would Ray be at the 2... or more likely Ray at the 1 because we surely need one of our shooters at the 2. I think Ray needs to spend all summer on ball handling if we land Swanigan. What are people thinking of Swanigan-inclusive lineups?

If you're confusing the Haas recruitment with "Biggie", I can't help you.
Where did I say I was confused? This isn't apple to oranges. It's apples to apples. Haas committed to WF, never signed, than we got him. Seems like a very similar situation. So if you are calling Biggie a "drama queen", than means Haas is one in your eyes also.

Reactions: woggy718
The only thing is I'm not sure who he displaces... Move Vince to the 3? But then would Ray be at the 2... or more likely Ray at the 1 because we surely need one of our shooters at the 2. I think Ray needs to spend all summer on ball handling if we land Swanigan. What are people thinking of Swanigan-inclusive lineups?
I'd say you have it almost right, but I'd make VE the 1 (better handles and vision in my opinion), Kendall/Dakota 2, Ray the 3, Biggie 4, Hammons 5

Where did I say I was confused? This isn't apple to oranges. It's apples to apples. Haas committed to WF, never signed, than we got him. Seems like a very similar situation. So if you are calling Biggie a "drama queen", than means Haas is one in your eyes also.

Haas' handler was his mom.

From what I am hearing, it looks like Purdue has 2 things going (which I hear leaning heavily) his guardian went there (which you will probably hear some things thrown out there on that), and #2 he wants to play guaranteed minutes at the 4 spot. He stated to some sources that Purdue has 2- 7 footers, so opens up the 4, which apparently doesn`t see anyone taking his mins., unlike MSU, which he`s worried about the long jam, and thinks he will not get to "showcase" his skills enough.

I am betting, just looking in from the outside, that he found out he would be playing center with Davis (5* PF) playing the PF. I know he didn't want to play center, but me thinks Izzo may have promised one thing and told him another once he committed.

Now, waiting for the MSU spin doctors: Handlers, money, negative recruiting, etc.

:cool:

Reactions: jadeezra
I do trust Painter at the helm of this ship. I think this group as a chance to be special next season and Matt is to be given some credit for recruiting and developing these current players. Just a little leery of upsetting the apple cart so to say. If Caleb's a good kid then welcome to West La la
I agree. It will be a challenge to incorporate him into an offense that is still a work in progress. AJ is option one and I trust Swanigan would be good with that. This is a tight knit group and hopefully he fits right in. I hate to see any of the existing guys lose minutes but that's the way it goes. I think Painter has probably told Biggie the whole scoop, given how up front he seems to be about things.

:rolleyes:
Purdue is a mid-level Big Ten program with one FF in the past 45 years. Yeah, Izzo is quaking in his boots.

Wow, We didn't need to wait long before some bitter-butt-hurt Spartan shows up. I figured they would be a while longer. Thought maybe they would huddle amongst themselves a little longer to decide the best story.

Right now on the MSU boards, it seems to be about 50-50 "this is okay" and "the kid and his handlers are getting paid". Queue lots of $ signs. The first half are right. MSU will be just fine without Swanigan. Swanigan will be just fine without MSU. I suspect Swanigan found out he might be playing center for MSU, something he said he would not do.

As for "handlers", they only seem to appear (1) on the MSU boards when they talk about (2) someone that chooses a school other than MSU. You can pretty well count on the word "handlers" coming from MSU boys. They must have had plenty of experience with them. It's pitiful, really, how inflated their ego is.

:cool:
Funny, they were over here the hour Swanigan committed.

I am a State fan, and told you what some sources were saying. As far as Izzo, he was just a shocked as everyone else when Biggie committed to MSU, and I can tell you for a fact Izzo is a good guy, and believes in the right way of recruiting (I know some of you chuckle on it, but I know for a fact on what kind of guy Izzo is) He doesn`t lie to recruits, he tells them the way his plans are, and you like it, or not. I know Biggie would of helped State, but they still will be fine as there is still plenty of talent, with still a very good class coming in, and look for State now to accept Williams from Mizzo transfer, which they couldn`t do it earlier. As I stated before Biggie wants the mins., and the 4 spot, which he was slotted at that spot, but maybe with Ward committing a few days ago might of changed his mind if he isn`t gone after one year.

Swanigan himself said we were NOT in his top 3. Based on that I would say Cal or Duke...his others in the top 3. Duke is now after a 6-8 guy who is the son of David Robinson. So looks like CAL.

If he comes to Purdue after saying that above....recruiting is plain CRAZY.

Well, he also said he was a Spartan for life...errrr 20 days?

You know I wonder on the timing of this too, ironically he changes his mind on msu after ajh says he is coming back. Swanigan may end up elsewhere but if he co.is to Purdue then it makes me wonder....

Curious to see what the fanbase of one of the other schools has to say about his recruitment.

The "Purdue as a threat" idea is ridiculous. Purdue has no national cred as a program, has never won a national title, and there are 4-5 other BT programs (Md, OSU, IU, Wis. and sometimes UM) that are more formidable yearly than Purdue.

Visiting this site is like visiting a Tea Party convention of a gathering of JFK conspiracy theorists. PU fans are the only people on the globe who think Tom Izzo -- one of the greatest coaches of his generation -- is crooked. Heck, even UM fans don't think that, even if they don't like him (and they don't, but they are actual rivals of ours).

Just us and the NCAA. I love how MSU swept the Izzo recruiting violation so far under the rug.

The silver lining in this cloud for MSU is that, if Swanigan goes to PU, we ought hear from non-hypocritical Boiler fans (or are there any of them?) about "shady" recruitments.

The cloudier part of your cloud still has Izzo as a disciplined cheater, a record of crapping the bed in the FF, five decades of being the worst academic school in the Big Ten until Nebraska showed up, and an existence that will always be the #2 in your home state. Congrats, I guess you win. Plus you live in Detroit, so I consider that check-mate.

Reactions: D A Y and Cleanface
The silver lining in this cloud for MSU is that, if Swanigan goes to PU, we ought hear from non-hypocritical Boiler fans (or are there any of them?) about "shady" recruitments.
What's wrong? Your own board not receptive to your 3 baby posts since 2002? Have you been saving them like wishes for some profound meaningful post? Well, this wasn't it. What is "ought hear" anyway? Sounds hillbillish.

I thought all along Swanigan would be a good get but not live up to his ranking. He will definitely help this team and would be a big time recruit to hopefully get Painter over the hump of landing big time talent. I would like to see Davis, Mathias, Edwards, Swanigan and AJH starting IF (still a big IF right now) we get Swanigan. Make teams match up to us with 5 guys 6'5 and over, including 2 giants starting and another coming off the bench. Good luck defending Swanigan and AJH in the low post, oh, and then we will bring in Haas to knock you around a bit. That team would be pretty good and if we can land a quality 5th year PG, this could be a special year.

The cloudier part of your cloud still has Izzo as a disciplined cheater, a record of crapping the bed in the FF, five decades of being the worst academic school in the Big Ten until Nebraska showed up, and an existence that will always be the #2 in your home state. Congrats, I guess you win. Plus you live in Detroit, so I consider that check-mate.
LMAO.. delusional

Barnes wants Caleb to play in the BT at the 4 position, since he can`t make it in the NBA at the undersized 5, even though Purdue was not in his top 3, it opens the door for BT team, close to home, mins., and the 4 spot, and obviously Barnes former school. Now if Caleb gets his way he will be at Cal to play with the other "big 2" his friends, but his "camp" does not want that to happen, the word is Purdue right now, but till the ink is signed who knows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT