ADVERTISEMENT

Summer Practice

Hadn't seen this posted. Brandon Newman looks good in black. Still a ton of skill on this team.

I was there at that practice and I’m totally impressed with what I saw from the players that practice. Great team chemistry all ready everyone talking to one another picking each other up and the returning players helping the new players catching up to speed. Shooting still exists across the board More shooters than what many of u think. This team once they start putting the pieces together this team gonna be dangerously good. Length athleticism size at every position with the experience that returned add in the new additions this team gonna be a problem to guard a lot of speed and quickness. I’m impressed in what I saw from the team as a whole. Mason u guys gonna love this kid. He can shoot that thang. Hunter looks more confident ball handling shooting much better. Haarms gonna be a problem Tre gonna be a double double machine. Emmanuel gonna be physically a problem so strong and athletic getting better. Evan looks good physically healthy now I see a big season from him senior leader proctor old school game but really good plays hard can shoot that thang too great addition to the team isiah learning super quick can shoot it too Newman can really shoot that thang too great size and quick Aaron gonna be so fun to watch this season my KD comparisons long athletic high riser can shoot shoot improved handles he gonna add another weapon to this team that has many weapons already Sasha looked really really good that kid with more minutes will be a sniper from the 3 but he has more than shooting to his game good handles wont be surprised him attacking basket more off the dribble as well as hunter truly like what I see out of Sasha. Nojel well he’s a leader a winner he looked confident shooting the ball everywhere make or miss I see that swag coming back. He looked happy having fun being around his guys. Physically he gonna be all kinds of problems for teams to handle. Overall this team gonna be good from top to bottom.

I was there at that practice and I’m totally impressed with what I saw from the players that practice. Great team chemistry all ready everyone talking to one another picking each other up and the returning players helping the new players catching up to speed. Shooting still exists across the board More shooters than what many of u think. This team once they start putting the pieces together this team gonna be dangerously good. Length athleticism size at every position with the experience that returned add in the new additions this team gonna be a problem to guard a lot of speed and quickness. I’m impressed in what I saw from the team as a whole. Mason u guys gonna love this kid. He can shoot that thang. Hunter looks more confident ball handling shooting much better. Haarms gonna be a problem Tre gonna be a double double machine. Emmanuel gonna be physically a problem so strong and athletic getting better. Evan looks good physically healthy now I see a big season from him senior leader proctor old school game but really good plays hard can shoot that thang too great addition to the team isiah learning super quick can shoot it too Newman can really shoot that thang too great size and quick Aaron gonna be so fun to watch this season my KD comparisons long athletic high riser can shoot shoot improved handles he gonna add another weapon to this team that has many weapons already Sasha looked really really good that kid with more minutes will be a sniper from the 3 but he has more than shooting to his game good handles wont be surprised him attacking basket more off the dribble as well as hunter truly like what I see out of Sasha. Nojel well he’s a leader a winner he looked confident shooting the ball everywhere make or miss I see that swag coming back. He looked happy having fun being around his guys. Physically he gonna be all kinds of problems for teams to handle. Overall this team gonna be good from top to bottom.
Do you see anyone standing out as the replacement to Carsen? I have seen some folks talk about Hunter moving to the 2. Do you see that as a possibility?

Treed- thanks for the report. Not asking for any inside info, but in your opinion will Mason play this season? The backup 4 spot is my only concern on the roster, f he redshirts.

Reactions: Schnelk
Thanks a lot for the inside info, I for one really appreciate it!!

Treed, thx for the update ! As always, getting feedback from a team member's close relative is a big plus; remembering that she played college ball herself and knows the game....an even bigger plus.

I used to love watching the NBA. But now, the NBA is filled with jerks who think their egotistical opinion counts.

I love watching Purdue, because our kids are on the same page and work together as a team. It is great reading posts like this where our players are working hard, having fun and are respectful to others. This makes me excited about being a fan. It is great to root for kids with good character.

Since Painter put a premium on shooters to go with versatile players, Purdue has been really tough to beat

I used to love watching the NBA. But now, the NBA is filled with jerks who think their egotistical opinion counts.

I love watching Purdue, because our kids are on the same page and work together as a team. It is great reading posts like this where our players are working hard, having fun and are respectful to others. This makes me excited about being a fan. It is great to root for kids with good character.
Maybe some teams, that's why I had to root for the Raptors, those are a hard working humble bunch.

Do you see anyone standing out as the replacement to Carsen? I have seen some folks talk about Hunter moving to the 2. Do you see that as a possibility?

Nobody is going to "replace" Carsen.

Purdue was top heavy last year with Carsen. He took a ton of shots. Purdue should be a more balanced team next year.

I think the question is more who's your go to guy in crunch time that can create a shot.

Sorry, reading now I realize you may simply just be asking from a starting stand point. :confused:

Reactions: northside100
Nobody is going to "replace" Carsen.

Purdue was top heavy last year with Carsen. He took a ton of shots. Purdue should be a more balanced team next year.

I think the question is more who's your go to guy in crunch time that can create a shot.

Sorry, reading now I realize you may simply just be asking from a starting stand point. :confused:
When I said replace Carsen, it was pertaining to the position, not the production.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef

God forbid grown men have opinions, right? Let's send them back to servitude!

God forbid grown men have opinions, right? Let's send them back to servitude!

Are you trying to be obtuse?

Of course they can have opinions. And, fans can turn them off and shut them down, and even .... *GASP!* .... have their OWN opinions on an internet forum!

They can even badmouth them on an internet forum.

Funny how that works. They run their mouths, run away fans, and fans speak out publicly.

God bless America.

Are you trying to be obtuse?

Of course they can have opinions. And, fans can turn them off and shut them down, and even .... *GASP!* .... have their OWN opinions on an internet forum!

They can even badmouth them on an internet forum.

Funny how that works. They run their mouths, run away fans, and fans speak out publicly.

God bless America.
Some people grow up mentally and physically and others physically only it seems in many walks of life. Now with safe spaces some can be Peter Pan for ever.

I love it Treed. Any other updates will be appreciated. Nojel going to lead them to big things this year.

Reactions: Schnelk

So much talent... We gonna see platoons subbing like 2014/15 UK? I ask somewhat jokingly but curious to see who gets the minutes.

I think the players who got minutes last year will have increased minutes, (I know not going out on a limb here) and then Proctor and Newman will fill in from losing Carsen and Cline. Evan will probably take some of Grady's minutes. I don't expect Isaiah or Mason to get much minutes aside from blowouts. I could be wrong about Mason as I have no idea how he is doing with his injury.

I think the players who got minutes last year will have increased minutes, (I know not going out on a limb here) and then Proctor and Newman will fill in from losing Carsen and Cline. Evan will probably take some of Grady's minutes. I don't expect Isaiah or Mason to get much minutes aside from blowouts. I could be wrong about Mason as I have no idea how he is doing with his injury.

Then red shirt them. There is absolutely no reason to play IT and Gillis if they are only going to average a handful of minutes a game. Get those guy both as fifth year seniors with Ivey and Morton and watch out now. It would be absolutely silly to burn a year for minimal minutes. This team is loaded with players that can contribute, no need to rush anything. If they earn contributing minutes, so be it, but Painter wants to get old and stay old. You do that by RS IT and Gillis.

Then red shirt them. There is absolutely no reason to play IT and Gillis if they are only going to average a handful of minutes a game. Get those guy both as fifth year seniors with Ivey and Morton and watch out now. It would be absolutely silly to burn a year for minimal minutes. This team is loaded with players that can contribute, no need to rush anything. If they earn contributing minutes, so be it, but Painter wants to get old and stay old. You do that by RS IT and Gillis.
Gillis looked good I watched him I like what I saw

I don’t think we’re so deep you redshirt both. One probably makes sense. I assumed Gillis but it sounds like he’s doing well and we could use a big body more than a guard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT