ADVERTISEMENT

Student Section Sold Out

It just make game days even more exciting and fun to watch with a pumped up student section. We should also see more inflatables this year too then.

10,000 boarding passes sold out but the section holds 12,000

Just have to make sure they show up...and come back. And keep in mind you have to buy the boarding pass to get basketball tickets. At rock bottom, Purdue was still selling 6-7k student tickets, but they were mostly just people wanting basketball and didn't show up to football after the first game or two. Gotta keep em coming back.

Just have to make sure they show up...and come back. And keep in mind you have to buy the boarding pass to get basketball tickets. At rock bottom, Purdue was still selling 6-7k student tickets, but they were mostly just people wanting basketball and didn't show up to football after the first game or two. Gotta keep em coming back.
I think in my four years (the Coletto era unfortunately) I went to every game and stayed for the 2nd half of one.

I think in my four years (the Coletto era unfortunately) I went to every game and stayed for the 2nd half of one.
I was during the Leon Burnett and Fred Akers era (ouch). Throwing marshmallows was a game highlight most of the time. I also remember a boat load of toilet paper tossed into the north endzone one windy game and someone lit it on fire! Might have been against a bad NW team. There were a few upsets, but usually student section provided the entertainment.

I'm sure if a student can't make it to the game for some reason, they won't have any trouble finding a friend to go instead.

Don't remember the Cal game for some reason. 1996 I was gone.
Was at the Cal game and everyone was surprised how good Purdue looked. Remember being a small kid and hearing in the tailgate lot people excited about a possible bowl game. That went down the toilet the next week getting throttled against Toledo.

Was at the Cal game and everyone was surprised how good Purdue looked. Remember being a small kid and hearing in the tailgate lot people excited about a possible bowl game. That went down the toilet the next week getting throttled against Toledo.
I believe the Cal win was one of those wins where they put it in the Purdue graveyard, which showed tombstones of teams where we beat ranked opponents. Can’t remember when they stopped that and tore it down.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
Does anyone remember the 71' ND vs PU game played in a monsoon-ND recovered botched punt late in 4th QT to score. Then went for 2 and won 8-7.

Does anyone remember the 71' ND vs PU game played in a monsoon-ND recovered botched punt late in 4th QT to score. Then went for 2 and won 8-7.

Man, I sure do! I was working the liquor department at Osco Drugs that night and when people would hand me cash (remember that?) for a purchase they would be surprised when I would say "Oh, you were at the game today, huh?". The bills were all soaking wet. They caught on quick but had that momentary flash of "how did you know that?".

In the Tiller/Brees years I believe we were up around 15k in the student section. Ross-Ade was packed and the north end zone was difficult for opponents.

That was my first Purdue game at Ross-Ade. Two point conversion was to ND TE Mike Creaney which was shown over and over again on the Bob DeMoss show that Sunday because ND had a lineman in the end zone which should have been a penalty.

I can recall the 8 to 7 loss in 1971 and a rainy loss to ND in 1993 when the Irish scored a defensive TD on a deflected pass and their only offensive TD came late in the game and Purdue lost 17 to 0.Both are lousy memories.Sandwiched between those two was a 17 to 0 loss to the South Bend Boys in 1975 when Luther Bradley ran back an interception of a Scott Dierking pass and NDS only offensive TD was late in the 4th Quarter.When Dan Dierking threw that pick against OSU toward the north end zone against OSU in 2009,I had a horrible flashback to that 1975 pick six his Dad threw.However,Dans interception throw didnt result in a score for the Bucks,and Purdue dumped OSU that day,26 to 18!

Last edited:
I was there 91-95. I remember winning or being tied with ND at halftime and leaving the bars and heading to the game. We still lost.
I would always head across the street to Rochdale for their halftime party. Never seemed to make it back.

I was there 91-95. I remember winning or being tied with ND at halftime and leaving the bars and heading to the game. We still lost.
I completely remember that. Alstott was a one-man wrecking crew - ripping off 6 yards per carry. I was "re-hydrating" at Rochdale across the street and we all came running back to the stadium only to watch Colletto run 4 straight pass plays with 1st and goal. That was loudest booing I have ever heard. Man, Colletto really sucked.

I completely remember that. Alstott was a one-man wrecking crew - ripping off 6 yards per carry. I was "re-hydrating" at Rochdale across the street and we all came running back to the stadium only to watch Colletto run 4 straight pass plays with 1st and goal. That was loudest booing I have ever heard. Man, Colletto really sucked.
Yep. That’s it!

That was my first Purdue game at Ross-Ade. Two point conversion was to ND TE Mike Creaney which was shown over and over again on the Bob DeMoss show that Sunday because ND had a lineman in the end zone which should have been a penalty.

Interesting you-tube vid showing iconic play from ND perspective. Muffed punt by Scott Lougheed in endzone. He could have easily taken a safety, if he could have scooped up the ball. That's a loss that I will never forget.... I didn't have an umbrella and kept yelling at fans in front to lower theirs throughout the game.

Reactions: Inspector100
That Cal game was my first Purdue football game.
I had joined the fencing club and we sold programs out front to raise money for the club. I missed the first quarter but could hear the crowd going wild so i got in as soon as possible. Great game.
I signed up to sell programs for all the remaining home games the next day....
In retrospect, not my wisest decision.

Reactions: BoilerBulldog
I believe the Cal win was one of those wins where they put it in the Purdue graveyard, which showed tombstones of teams where we beat ranked opponents. Can’t remember when they stopped that and tore it down.

I remember this as a kid and thought it was a cool idea. When we visited it, I said “there aren’t many tombstones” which was a perfect setup for the reply of “well we haven’t won many games”.

I think this disappeared when tiller got here.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
I remember this as a kid and thought it was a cool idea. When we visited it, I said “there aren’t many tombstones” which was a perfect setup for the reply of “well we haven’t won many games”.

I think this disappeared when tiller got here.
Tiller hated the idea and it was one of the first things that went away when he came aboard. Parading around victories against ranked opponents is, imo, a defeatist attitude.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT