ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium upgrades

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
I view the engineering webcams to see the stadium upgrades and they appear impressive online.

Curious if anyone has seen them in person and willing to share their thoughts?

I view the engineering webcams to see the stadium upgrades and they appear impressive online.

Curious if anyone has seen them in person and willing to share their thoughts?
I check the webcams probably 3 times a week. It is an impressive project. Both the south endzone and the tunnel from the football building at the north end. I am looking forward to seeing it in person at the first game.

do you have a link to the webcams?

From Skydog's link I was quite surprised how nothing was being done through the day in either place yesterday, and then I remembered it was a holiday!

Lucas Oil is reserved for our home opener in the event it is not ready, its going be down to the wire, but very likely it will be ready, hearing 95% likelihood from those involved in the project.

Lucas Oil is reserved for our home opener in the event it is not ready, its going be down to the wire, but very likely it will be ready, hearing 95% likelihood from those involved in the project.
turf will take a beating w/ 4 early season home games

I'm no construction engineer by any means, but from looking at those images I'm curious how it will be ready in 7 weeks.
FWIW This is from a person working on the project who told a friend of mine; there is no way it will be ready for the first game. In fact, he was told that the first 3 games would be played at Lucas Oil. It will be interesting to see how true this becomes. My concern is how it will affect our home field advantage. I will drive to Indy, but will all ticket holders? Could we have a bigger crowd? Typically not the case, but who knows.

FWIW This is from a person working on the project who told a friend of mine; there is no way it will be ready for the first game. In fact, he was told that the first 3 games would be played at Lucas Oil. It will be interesting to see how true this becomes. My concern is how it will affect our home field advantage. I will drive to Indy, but will all ticket holders? Could we have a bigger crowd? Typically not the case, but who knows.
I was thinking the same thing, no chance this project is complete in 7 weeks. The project has been fun to watch, but the timeline appears unrealistic. I keep wondering about the field, it's completely covered at both ends. Makes me wonder if they will play any games in Ross-Ade this year.

I wonder if he meant the structure or the field?

I'm no construction engineer by any means, but from looking at those images I'm curious how it will be ready in 7 weeks.
They're working two shifts. Be interesting to see if they go to 3 and weekends, although just watching the web cam I get the feeling the issue may be the buzz word of the early 20's, "Supply Chain".

Oh man.. I’m coming from the Chicago area.. I wanted to go to all 3 of the first 3 games with my season tickets. My girl is not gonna be having the 3 hour drive to Indy.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
If that actually is a possibility, I'm surprised the JPC or ATO hasn't reached out yet to season ticket holders.

If that actually is a possibility, I'm surprised the JPC or ATO hasn't reached out yet to season ticket holders.
Tick Tock. If they can finish the renovations by end of July, is one month long enough for the Bermuda to grow and be a playable surface?

Tick Tock. If they can finish the renovations by end of July, is one month long enough for the Bermuda to grow and be a playable surface?
The dump called Soldier Field, they lay sod on a Saturday then play a game on Sunday

Technically, the tunnel would only need to be completed through the concourse unless there is a code stating otherwise as they can use the normal entrance for game one/two. I would think the rwal pressure is on the south endzone.

Looking at the south end zone and it looks like they are installing black bars that go across the front of the rows. Are they putting in seats there or is it just going to be standing room only?

Looking at the south end zone and it looks like they are installing black bars that go across the front of the rows. Are they putting in seats there or is it just going to be standing room only?
I think the plan is for SRO, the students stand for the entire game anyway so now they have a rail to lean on. :p

Reactions: rhendryx
Oh, I ordered nearly 20 ticket plans today for a group and asked if any games will be moved outside of RA. The ticket concierge told me they will be ready and that all games will be played at RA.

I suspect all focus is on the south end zone area as the tunnel isn't as critical once it is closed in from the field thru concourse.

Oh, I ordered nearly 20 ticket plans today for a group and asked if any games will be moved outside of RA. The ticket concierge told me they will be ready and that all games will be played at RA.

I suspect all focus is on the south end zone area as the tunnel isn't as critical once it is closed in from the field thru concourse.
Awesome thanks for info

Thanks for that info it's good news. Like BC I wasn't looking forward to the idea of the first three games being in indy. An hour plus extra each way is not fun especially for the Friday night game.

Reactions: BCfanatic2020
Really glad they are doing something more significant and opportunistic with our unique Boilermaker Special by parking it above Tiller Tunnel on game day. It’s still not the implementation of a badass train I want to see at Ross-Ade, but it‘s a step in the right direction.

Just curious. Does anyone know the purpose of the square room built adjacent to the tunnel? Is it just an access point for utilities? Above ground exit/entrance mid tunnel?

Reactions: jtanoos1
Really glad they are doing something more significant and opportunistic with our unique Boilermaker Special by parking it above Tiller Tunnel on game day. It’s still not the implementation of a badass train I want to see at Ross-Ade, but it‘s a step in the right direction.

Just curious. Does anyone know the purpose of the square room built adjacent to the tunnel? Is it just an access point for utilities? Above ground exit/entrance mid tunnel?

That's fantastic that the Boilermaker Special will be parked there.

My friend, I have the most bad-ass train for you. Take a look at this train, which is a massive mural at this music club in Prague. You can get a good look at it by just looking at their photo on their fb page. I think the student-athletes would really like to have something like this in the background of their twitter posts. Your thoughts?

I’ve stayed glued to the webcams. Long way to go, but lots of progress. Major elements of the structure are in place with the exception of the SE corner. I hope the project is still on time. I’m hoping for a flawless launch for the team, the fans, and the university, but it’s hard to imagine all systems will be a go with major construction still happening. The project manager in me is seeing all kinds of risk.

Reactions: pboiler18
I’ve stayed glued to the webcams. Long way to go, but lots of progress. Major elements of the structure are in place with the exception of the SE corner. I hope the project is still on time. I’m hoping for a flawless launch for the team, the fans, and the university, but it’s hard to imagine all systems will be a go with major construction still happening. The project manager in me is seeing all kinds of risk.
Love how it’s shaping up.
Very concerned about turf condition.

Reactions: Tommaker
I'm not to worried about the turf, Purdue has the top turf school in the US to get advice from and lots of experience in this area.

I'm not to worried about the turf, Purdue has the top turf school in the US to get advice from and lots of experience in this area.
According to the local paper sod will be installed at the beginning of August.

I'd like to see the field have the railroad tracks pattern for the first game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT