ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium Expansion Plans...

Nov 8, 2018
...seem to be in the works! very excited to see what comes of this. Obviously the south endzone needs work, but I wouldn't be shocked to see more come from this. I remember Mbob talking about potential north endzone renovations as well.

Interesting. They already did this a few years back at or around the Hope Hazell transition. They had a lot of really cool options but they were very expensive. Some of these companies run/owned by Purdue grads will need to be involved to soak up some of the seats or it will end up like the dreaded black seats in Mackey!
Looking forward to seeing what they have in store, but I am also anticipating that being at the bottom tier of JPC and holding a set of north end zone seats will not earn me a periodic personal contact from the ticket office for much longer. Us peasants will be banished to the RV lot beyond Purdue West again, ha!

Sounds like an eating area for athletes/students/banquet will be involved.

Add a train plus tracks.

This out the box, make a stage-for multipurpose events?

Sounds like an eating area for athletes/students/banquet will be involved.

Add a train plus tracks.

This out the box, make a stage-for multipurpose events?
Like the stage for Multipurpose events. Concerts should be there 1 or 2 times per year to help soak up some of the funds to support JPC or other programs. You have Indy to the South and Chicago to the North. Have a Major Touring concert make a stop in either direction for a one day venue. It would sellout. The setup/breakdown would be mostly the roadies doing their thing + local security screening.

Reactions: Frankie611
Does anyone else think the south end zone would look cool with a train station theme, ala the Magic Kingdom entrance? I think it would look good with the Special sitting in front of it.

Reactions: jberry5
...seem to be in the works! very excited to see what comes of this. Obviously the south endzone needs work, but I wouldn't be shocked to see more come from this. I remember Mbob talking about potential north endzone renovations as well.

A deck on the east side and re-do the north end zone seating to seat 70,000 plus. We packed RA in the 60`s and some years after.I remember putting bleachers in the north end zone for a ND game and there was close to 70,000 or more. BOILER UP

Regarding a north endzone renovation, I wonder if it could be reshaped to something similar to Autzen's endzone seating, making more of a squared off turn at field level just beyond the corner of the endzone, and a more sweeping turn inward and down at the top.

Autzen%20Stadium%20Flat%20Poster_2.jpg

Something like this would put a lot more fans closer to the action and could be combined with a tiered structure in the south end zone to add more good seats, along with new facilities, patio area, etc. With a lower profile on the north end, you could also put a new jumbo tron there just above the top row.

Regarding a north endzone renovation, I wonder if it could be reshaped to something similar to Autzen's endzone seating, making more of a squared off turn at field level just beyond the corner of the endzone, and a more sweeping turn inward and down at the top.

Autzen%20Stadium%20Flat%20Poster_2.jpg

Something like this would put a lot more fans closer to the action and could be combined with a tiered structure in the south end zone to add more good seats, along with new facilities, patio area, etc. With a lower profile on the north end, you could also put a new jumbo tron there just above the top row.

I agree this would be an improvement, but a complete restructuring of the north end zone seems too major a change. Basically rebuilding the stadium at that point.

Reactions: ejs1111
Like the stage for Multipurpose events. Concerts should be there 1 or 2 times per year to help soak up some of the funds to support JPC or other programs. You have Indy to the South and Chicago to the North. Have a Major Touring concert make a stop in either direction for a one day venue. It would sellout. The setup/breakdown would be mostly the roadies doing their thing + local security screening.
I agree with that idea of having 1-2 concerts per year when it is warm out...the stadium would make for a good option the way it is laid out currently with the jumbotron being behind what I would assume would be the performers in the south end zone. The issue become the playing surface. If the turf guys complained about having 20k fans storm the field after the Iowa game and being there for 15-20 minutes...they'd lose their minds having 20-30k fans on the grass for 2-3 hours. Turf would work so much better if your idea is some concerts every once in awhile.

I agree with that idea of having 1-2 concerts per year when it is warm out...the stadium would make for a good option the way it is laid out currently with the jumbotron being behind what I would assume would be the performers in the south end zone. The issue become the playing surface. If the turf guys complained about having 20k fans storm the field after the Iowa game and being there for 15-20 minutes...they'd lose their minds having 20-30k fans on the grass for 2-3 hours. Turf would work so much better if your idea is some concerts every once in awhile.
Hmmmm... I guess we need to decide which we prefer, big outdoor concerts and on-field postgame celebrations or growing grass. Yeah, that’s a toughie!

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT