ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Illustrated B1G Preview/Projections

Then you've missed a lot.

Hells bells, the IU fans tore apart this forum for someone not putting dear Romeo on a top 5 FR list, and they tried their d@mndest to bully the forum into submission.

Now, Northworstern FB fans are crapping all over the football forum begging people to validate their team.

Hold up chief. Nobody is saying he isn't allowed to have an opinion. But when you stake an opinion such as, "Ethan Happ is overrated" when clearly he is one of the best centers in the country and has been for awhile and base it off the fact that "he can't shoot past 5 feet and can't hit FT's" you're going to get questioned. I've since asked to name a player at his position who is better and have heard crickets. Stop being mindless and act like everybody is out to get Purdue or Purdue fans posting here.

Hold up chief. Nobody is saying he isn't allowed to have an opinion. But when you stake an opinion such as, "Ethan Happ is overrated" when clearly he is one of the best centers in the country and has been for awhile and base it off the fact that "he can't shoot past 5 feet and can't hit FT's" you're going to get questioned. I've since asked to name a player at his position who is better and have heard crickets. Stop being mindless and act like everybody is out to get Purdue or Purdue fans posting here.

...WTH?

That's good, chief, because I never said anyone told him he wasn't allowed to have an opinion.

??

This forum continues to become more and more bizarre.

I simply responded to his very simple and straightforward comment.

"Stop being mindless and act like everybody is out to get Purdue or Purdue fans posting here."

What an incredibly dumb@ss thing to post. Nowhere did I . . . "act" . . . like that.

This is bizarre.

...WTH?

That's good, chief, because I never said anyone told him he wasn't allowed to have an opinion.

??

This forum continues to become more and more bizarre.

I simply responded to his very simple and straightforward comment.

"Stop being mindless and act like everybody is out to get Purdue or Purdue fans posting here."

What an incredibly dumb@ss thing to post. Nowhere did I . . . "act" . . . like that.

This is bizarre.

You're post was bizarre. You highlighted a quote about opinions and then started talking about trolls and people from other fan bases coming on here? Where were you going with that?

Reactions: nagemj02
You're post was bizarre. You highlighted a quote about opinions and then started talking about trolls and people from other fan bases coming on here? Where were you going with that?

Can't remember who, but someone once warned me about engaging with Purdue85. His posts are filled with non sequitur and irrational conspiracy theories about IU incursions

What the h*ll are you talking about?

Here was Knights' post, then my response (italics), before your bizarre rant:

Knights2715 said: ↑
Do you actually watch games or just look at per game numbers? I’m clearly stating that I’ve watched him play and I don’t think he’s as good as advertised. I don’t understand how stating an opinion about a player who I’ve stated I believe is good is so offensive to you.
Then you've missed a lot.

Hells bells, the IU fans tore apart this forum for someone not putting dear Romeo on a top 5 FR list, and they tried their d@mndest to bully the forum into submission.

Now, Northworstern FB fans are crapping all over the football forum begging people to validate their team.

Goodness, Chief. . . trolls? Where did I say anything about "trolls"?

Both parts are true; IU fans couldn't stand that someone else had a differing opinion (which, you were all for a moment ago). And, if you go to the FB forum, the NU fans can't stand it if you don't agree with their opinion, and have even gone further.

Can't remember who, but someone once warned me about engaging with Purdue85. His posts are filled with non sequitur and irrational conspiracy theories about IU incursions

I couldn't care less if someone doesn't approve of my posts. Sounds like someone with incredibly thin skin... someone who cannot provide reasonable and rational thought.

What's more, you'll have to provide links to your bullsh*t claim of "non sequitur and irrational conspiracy theories about IU incursions."

I'll not be expecting anything of substance, though.

Wasn’t me but I’ll second whoever said it. Spends more time trying to “weed out the trolls” like it’s his personal calling than anything else. Really detracts from a lot of these threads.

I couldn't care less if someone doesn't approve of my posts. Sounds like someone with incredibly thin skin... someone who cannot provide reasonable and rational thought.

What's more, you'll have to provide links to your bullsh*t claim of "non sequitur and irrational conspiracy theories about IU incursions."

I'll not be expecting anything of substance, though.

In your most recent reply to Bay Area Boiler, you display Knight's post then your response. Your response to Knight has literally zero relevance to anything Knight said. Example of non sequitur.

You claim IU fans tried to bully this Purdue forum into submission.... Example of conspiracy theory of IU troll incursion.

You're the one who gets super wound up over silly things. I question who it is with the thin skin.

Wasn’t me but I’ll second whoever said it. Spends more time trying to “weed out the trolls” like it’s his personal calling than anything else. Really detracts from a lot of these threads.

You need a tissue.

Then, you need to stop monitoring how I spend my time.

I don't like people crapping on the Purdue forum. If you're not on board with that, I don't care.

In your most recent reply to Bay Area Boiler, you display Knight's post then your response. Your response to Knight has literally zero relevance to anything Knight said. Example of non sequitur.

You claim IU fans tried to bully this Purdue forum into submission.... Example of conspiracy theory of IU troll incursion.

You're the one who gets super wound up over silly things. I question who it is with the thin skin.

I haven't been . . . 'wound up'. Sounds like you've gotten your panties in a wad and are all worried about me.

besides, my response was completely relevant. You just didn't like it. And I can't help you with that.

If you didn't see the IU trolls demanding a poster change his list of top FR, you weren't paying attention. That's not a conspiracy.

I'm SUPER wound up! SUPER!

I haven't been . . . 'wound up'. Sounds like you've gotten your panties in a wad and are all worried about me.

besides, my response was completely relevant. You just didn't like it. And I can't help you with that.

If you didn't see the IU trolls demanding a poster change his list of top FR, you weren't paying attention. That's not a conspiracy.

I'm SUPER wound up! SUPER!

Let me help you.

A relevant response would have been something discussing Ethan Happ's playing abilities (or lack thereof) and some statistics or evidence to support your claim and/or refute Knight's claim.

You chose to go on a weird and random rant about IU fans and Northwestern football fans. That is not a relevant response.

Does that help?

I never saw any demands from IU fans for a poster to change his list. Just some debate and arguments over a disagreement about where Romeo should be. Doesn't seem to be out of the ordinary, Romeo is on IU's team after all, we would expect them to prop him up.

Let me help you.

A relevant response would have been something discussing Ethan Happ's playing abilities (or lack thereof) and some statistics or evidence to support your claim and/or refute Knight's claim.

You chose to go on a weird and random rant about IU fans and Northwestern football fans. That is not a relevant response.

Does that help?

I never saw any demands from IU fans for a poster to change his list. Just some debate and arguments over a disagreement about where Romeo should be. Doesn't seem to be out of the ordinary, Romeo is on IU's team after all, we would expect them to prop him up.

I'll slow down and draw you a picture.

Knights' comment was: Do you actually watch games or just look at per game numbers? I’m clearly stating that I’ve watched him play and I don’t think he’s as good as advertised. I don’t understand how stating an opinion about a player who I’ve stated I believe is good is so offensive to you.

My reply: Then you've missed a lot.

My reply was in direct response to the comment about stating an opinion about a player.

That's it. My point was, the IU fans who responded in the other thread counldn't stand it that the original poster left off Romeo from a list of the top FR. They absolutely had a COW. That opinion was SO offensive to them! That's not a conspiracy, bro. It happened.

Come on. You can't be this obtuse? That's not a random rant, that's what happened.

I don't give a fat rat's @ss about your opinion of Happ . . . or Knights' opinion of Happ. My point was, this kind of sh*t has been happening all over the Purdue forums. Now, you can disagree with that if you like, but I cited examples. If you're going to disagree, do you homework and provide some logical, rational, reasonable, cogent response.

If you cannot get that simple point, I'm not sure I can simplify it any more.

I'll slow down and draw you a picture.

Knights' comment was: Do you actually watch games or just look at per game numbers? I’m clearly stating that I’ve watched him play and I don’t think he’s as good as advertised. I don’t understand how stating an opinion about a player who I’ve stated I believe is good is so offensive to you.

My reply: Then you've missed a lot.

My reply was in direct response to the comment about stating an opinion about a player.

That's it. My point was, the IU fans who responded in the other thread counldn't stand it that the original poster left off Romeo from a list of the top FR. They absolutely had a COW. That opinion was SO offensive to them! That's not a conspiracy, bro. It happened.

Come on. You can't be this obtuse? That's not a random rant, that's what happened.

I don't give a fat rat's @ss about your opinion of Happ . . . or Knights' opinion of Happ. My point was, this kind of sh*t has been happening all over the Purdue forums. Now, you can disagree with that if you like, but I cited examples. If you're going to disagree, do you homework and provide some logical, rational, reasonable, cogent response.

If you cannot get that simple point, I'm not sure I can simplify it any more.

But this is a Purdue forum right?

Gosh, this is tough. Who would you support? Purdue85 with 12,000 posts, or ball basket with 39 post, plus his sock puppet BAB with another remarkable 139 posts, all of which are pretty negative toward Purdue. Hum, tough, tough, tough...

I think you guys are way off base picking on 85. Suggest you stop. Nobody wants to read this crap.

Let's play nice fellows.

Gosh, this is tough. Who would you support? Purdue85 with 12,000 posts, or ball basket with 39 post, plus his sock puppet BAB with another remarkable 139 posts, all of which are pretty negative toward Purdue. Hum, tough, tough, tough...

I think you guys are way off base picking on 85. Suggest you stop. Nobody wants to read this crap.

Let's play nice fellows.

Not sure why you’re getting involved. We’re not picking on 85, and he certainly doesn’t need you coming to his defense. He seems to be able to fight his own battles.

Sure, I don’t have as many posts as most...but a new member has to start somewhere right? Most folks around here seem to be senile and paranoid about...I can’t even say. Very strange to me. I’m a recent grad and never had a need to visit these forums since I always had friends/classmates etc to discuss Purdue basketball. Now that I’m out i have begun turning to online forums to get that fix.

Isn’t trying to create discussion the point of the forum? Everyone here loves to argue semantics and whether someone is an IU troll or not, instead of engaging in rational discussion.

Congratulations on coming off as an another conspiracy theorist like 85

Not sure why you’re getting involved. We’re not picking on 85, and he certainly doesn’t need you coming to his defense. He seems to be able to fight his own battles.

Sure, I don’t have as many posts as most...but a new member has to start somewhere right? Most folks around here seem to be senile and paranoid about...I can’t even say. Very strange to me. I’m a recent grad and never had a need to visit these forums since I always had friends/classmates etc to discuss Purdue basketball. Now that I’m out i have begun turning to online forums to get that fix.

Isn’t trying to create discussion the point of the forum? Everyone here loves to argue semantics and whether someone is an IU troll or not, instead of engaging in rational discussion.

Dude, he's got a point, one that I chose not to point out.

Low post count typically indicates you're not what you claim to be.

Recent grad? What . . . new to the internet?

You've not been able to connect me to any "conspiracy theory." Just some nutjob claim.

You're no "new member". not with that m.o. What's more, you've shown you're not interested in any . . . "rational discussion."

Quite the opposite.

Lol this is simply getting ridiculous. I don’t think I’ve ever interacted with a more delusional individual (senile maybe?) I’m going to take the high road on this one fellas. Maybe see you on another thread.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.“

Lol this is simply getting ridiculous. I don’t think I’ve ever interacted with a more delusional individual (senile maybe?) I’m going to take the high road on this one fellas. Maybe see you on another thread.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.“

you're now going to take the "high road"?

That's mighty generous of you, considering you haven't done it so far. Especially considering your closing quote about . . . "stupid people."

If you cannot convince through discussion or discourse, insult someone. That will make you sound superior. Especially if you cannot argue the facts of the thread.

Peace.

Let's play nice fellows.

So 85 was a troll back in 01 when he only had 139 posts? If I post 11,000 times between now and by the time you wake up tomorrow do I get to sit at the big boy table? Am I even doing this right?

But in all seriousness where have I been negative towards Purdue? Yeah maybe negative towards a couple a high horse ridin Purdue fans trying to police this board, but you’ve yet to see me make a negative post about my Alma Mater and hometown team. But you got me figured out right?

So 85 was a troll back in 01 when he only had 139 posts? If I post 11,000 times between now and by the time you wake up tomorrow do I get to sit at the big boy table? Am I even doing this right?

But in all seriousness where have I been negative towards Purdue? Yeah maybe negative towards a couple a high horse ridin Purdue fans trying to police this board, but you’ve yet to see me make a negative post about my Alma Mater and hometown team. But you got me figured out right?

You whine too much.

Address my points. Or not.

I didn't have 139 posts in '01.

Stop crying. We've seen it all too often; low post count trolls come here to troll. Don't like it? I can't help you. You establish your own reputation. so far? Not a good start. Keep trying.

You whine too much.

Address my points. Or not.

I didn't have 139 posts in '01.

Stop crying. We've seen it all too often; low post count trolls come here to troll. Don't like it? I can't help you. You establish your own reputation. so far? Not a good start. Keep trying.

Low post count? I started posting a month ago dumba$$, of course I’m going to have a relatively low post count. Maybe one day I’ll be as big of a loser as you are with over 10k posts on a message board, but I’m not there yet?

I can’t address your points because don’t make any points. You haven’t provided a single ounce of content that I’ve found interesting. But hey, thanks for letting me know who may or may not be a troll and who may or may not be an IU fan, every message board needs one of those guys, thanks for being our designated blowhard.

Cheers

Low post count? I started posting a month ago dumba$$, of course I’m going to have a relatively low post count. Maybe one day I’ll be as big of a loser as you are with over 10k posts on a message board, but I’m not there yet?

I can’t address your points because don’t make any points. You haven’t provided a single ounce of content that I’ve found interesting. But hey, thanks for letting me know who may or may not be a troll and who may or may not be an IU fan, every message board needs one of those guys, thanks for being our designated blowhard.

Cheers

uh huh.

You keep talking about "IU fans", but you're the only one.

You keep revealing yourself. Keep trollin' . . .

Ce is a big key
Is he the facilitator n scorer or just interested in his production...I believe we'll get the former not the latter!
Can haarms, ebx n Williams get the tough def board's this year...I believe yes to all!
Can cline add to his OFF game...I believe so!
Will wheeler add a facit that Purdue hasn't had for years...oh yes he will
Will haarms off game improve...greatly I'm believing
Will Williams be an excellent player...yes right out of the gate
Hunter will remind people of jaraan Cornell his fr yr...excellent all around player
N ebx will be all that n more all around game!
I think ce won't need to be the leading scorer this yr from huge Purdue success
Go boilers

Reactions: Schnelk
Lack of real talent outside of Carsen Edwards and maybe Eastern may come back to bite Purdue this upcoming season... It's a familiar refrain...Painter's lack of recruiting elite talent consistently bites them until they have a core of seniors like they had last season..

You don't believe that Haarms, Hunter, or Williams have "real" talent?

I actually agree about Happ being overrated. He’s made a career of abusing inferior opponents. When he goes up against people he can’t physically overmatch under the basket, he’s got nothing.

Ethan Happ went up against Michigan State's frontline last season in his final game.

Michigan State was #1 in the country in 2 point defense holding opponents to 38% from inside the arc.

Happ proceeded to go 10 of 16 inside the arc against that front line. Hes lead Wisconsin in points per game, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks each of the past 2 seasons(Seriously, he lead them in every major statostical category - thats insane). Again, not just last season but also the season before when Wisconsin made the Sweet 16 and Bronson Koenig and Nigel Hayes were seniors. He is an amazing player.

Reactions: mathboy
Ethan Happ went up against Michigan State's frontline last season in his final game.

Michigan State was #1 in the country in 2 point defense holding opponents to 38% from inside the arc.

Happ proceeded to go 10 of 16 inside the arc against that front line. Hes lead Wisconsin in points per game, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks each of the past 2 seasons(Seriously, he lead them in every major statostical category - thats insane). Again, not just last season but also the season before when Wisconsin made the Sweet 16 and Bronson Koenig and Nigel Hayes were seniors. He is an amazing player.
I'm not having this debate again. I've stated that I believe he's very good, but not a top 5-10 player in the country in my opinion.

Since you admitted that you haven't been on this board long, maybe you should pay attention to long-time members instead of coming across as a know-it-all teenager. With these rants about "rational discussion" and then "conspiracy theories", you legitimize the phrase, "the foolishness of youth."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT