ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like we offered 4 kids today at camp...

What I have heard from him ...has me hooked. Very interesting man..and he has discussed in videos about the drugs kids are on for ADHD and so forth...kids need more physical activity that their thumbs and fingers! :)

As a youngster I always liked math competition at the board, but as you know ed school doesn't like competition in general. I loved Blough talking about the board in the weight room where lifts and academics were listed for all to see and David saying ..."We are accountable to others"...
I really like Barclay's approach where he has the backs on a 'ticker' like the stock market and how it can change with a single rep. I have seen in practice where the backs are living and dying off every rep because there is just an inherent amount of competition...yet it allows for the guys to grow and support one another as well.

Reactions: tjreese
Just used Jordan Peterson in my classes today for my ‘hook’ in to class. I use a ‘hashtag of the day’ to start my class and today was #tiptuesday. I had a portion of an interview where he was asked what piece of advice would you give your 16 year old self. Good stuff! I have a ton of them and kids seem to be able to get through my class with less and less issues when I’m able to hook them in with something relevant to them but not necessarily about our class. For example, I am doing a #wellnesswednesday tomorrow and each of my classes will take a 5 min walk from our room to the outdoors for a moment and back inside. For a lot of kids who struggle with focusing and sitting still, they have an easier time getting through class and retaining material. I’ve also noticed kids go to their phones less in my class when I use these things. Others have been #TheoryThursdsy, #FitnessFriday, #TravelTuesdsy, #WorkItOutWednesday, and #MondayFunday (student favorite where we play Heads Up and the classes compete for a treat on me.

Going to use more Jordan through the semester.
I prefer #TequilaTuesday myself.

Cleanface, tjreese, Do Dah Day, cosmickid, New Pal, you're all worthless. You guys know nothing! Are you truly going to deny the value of arguing on the internet?
Why's your face clean, anyway? Did your smile get 'wiped' away by when somebody showed you how ridiculous your posts are?
What's tj stand for? Total Jerk?
cosmickid, is your immaturity of galactic proportions?
Do Dah Day? What does that even mean? I just wish you would 'zippity' your mouth and spare us the nonsense.
And New Pal, what happened to all your old pals? Did they finally get tired of you and boot you to the curb?

I'm just going to put you all on ignore and hopefully get some relief from the worthless drivel that passes for discussion on this board. I can hardly stand it any more. Geesh!

:)
Thank you kind sir ... I rarely get such praise

Reactions: reswat and tjreese
Just used Jordan Peterson in my classes today for my ‘hook’ in to class. I use a ‘hashtag of the day’ to start my class and today was #tiptuesday. I had a portion of an interview where he was asked what piece of advice would you give your 16 year old self. Good stuff! I have a ton of them and kids seem to be able to get through my class with less and less issues when I’m able to hook them in with something relevant to them but not necessarily about our class. For example, I am doing a #wellnesswednesday tomorrow and each of my classes will take a 5 min walk from our room to the outdoors for a moment and back inside. For a lot of kids who struggle with focusing and sitting still, they have an easier time getting through class and retaining material. I’ve also noticed kids go to their phones less in my class when I use these things. Others have been #TheoryThursdsy, #FitnessFriday, #TravelTuesdsy, #WorkItOutWednesday, and #MondayFunday (student favorite where we play Heads Up and the classes compete for a treat on me.

Going to use more Jordan through the semester.
Kids use their phone in your class?

Kids use their phone in your class?
They aren’t supposed to without permission. That is usually limited to a kid using it for research or a calculator or when we use it to play a review game that works better on their phone rather than their chrome books.

I totally get that kids are attached to their phones and it is their livelihood but they must be able to focus on a task for an extended amount of time without it. I don’t make issues if it unless the student requires me to. I typically don’t have problems because I keep kids busy with varying activities and teach Bell to bell.

Reactions: SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT