ADVERTISEMENT

So who wins this weekend?

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
Purdue - starting to formulate a defense, O is lethal at times not so other times. Last game lost.

Illinois- coming off a big win but still has weaknesses (pass defense).

Environment - rain forecasted, cool temps, grass field, low crowd nbrs due to weather

What are your thoughts on who wins the Cannon this weekend?

Purdue - starting to formulate a defense, O is lethal at times not so other times. Last game lost.

Environment - rain forecasted, cool temps, grass field, low crowd nbrs due to weather

Illini by six. 9-3 as no one scores a TD.

Be interesting to see how the rain affects the game. If Purdue is forced to run they would need to step up.

Purdue leads 31-21 late.. Illinois scores a TD.. Purdue ends up getting 3 first downs to ice it..

31-28

Wind is supposed to be out of the east.

We're favored by 10 for a reason. I'm surprised it's that high as I expected a bump for Illinois coming off last week. Wisconsin clearly didn't take the game serious enough after they got up a couple scores. We shouldn't have that issue.

I hate the rain for this one. Bad rushing offense and Punter who has a dud punt every 1/3 is not how you win in the rain. On a sunny day the passing offense would put up points, but this is a toss up that will come down to field position and TOs more than likely.

The weather concerns me. I’m not sure if Plummer has ever played a game in the rain. Is he going to be accurate enough to pick apart the Tampa 2? Last year we ran all over the Illini. Getting Doerue going early is key.

Purdue does not have a solid run game. Rain favors Illini who can and did run on Wisconsin. Rain is 100% at 12 pm CST.

Illini 21
Purdue 14

I hope I'm wrong.

It was more than just a bit curious you called on me (different thread) in particular, I gave you (what I thought was) a solid reply, and you went dark.

No reply at all.

It's all good, it was just a bit odd.
Went on a four day vacation. Never take computer when I do that as the lady deserves my attention. Send me a link and I'll answer it.

We have not shown the ability to play in bad weather (Eastern Michigan, MSU, Minny last yr)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT