ADVERTISEMENT

So, is Comcast or Fox Sports now carrying BTN outside BTN states?

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
Rumor has it that Comcast and BTN have reached an agreement to keep BTN on CC but only in states that have a B10 team?
But then heard that Fox Sports is picking up BTN for states outside the B10?
Can anyone clarify for me?
I'm in SC and do have CC cable.

Rumor has it that Comcast and BTN have reached an agreement to keep BTN on CC but only in states that have a B10 team?
But then heard that Fox Sports is picking up BTN for states outside the B10?
Can anyone clarify for me?
I'm in SC and do have CC cable.
Bonefish, as of today it is not where I live in California. When the carriage dispute arose, I cut my Comcast Cable and replaced it with YouTube TV for $40 a month. It does have BTN and access to BTN2Go. It also has a free trial period, so you may want to try it and see it it fits your needs. The YouTube TV subscription includes a family multi device feature, so you can access on up to (I think) 5 devices for base price.

Bonefish, as of today it is not where I live in California. When the carriage dispute arose, I cut my Comcast Cable and replaced it with YouTube TV for $40 a month. It does have BTN and access to BTN2Go. It also has a free trial period, so you may want to try it and see it it fits your needs. The YouTube TV subscription includes a family multi device feature, so you can access on up to (I think) 5 devices for base price.
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, a lightening strike fried my HDMI motherboard so I have to used HDMI component cables to get HD. That also means I can't use any of the streaming services since the device would have to plug into the TV.

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, a lightening strike fried my HDMI motherboard so I have to used HDMI component cables to get HD. That also means I can't use any of the streaming services since the device would have to plug into the TV.
You can get a Roku Express Stick with remote on Amazon for $30

Just picked up youtube tv as well solely for football season. I am not disappointed with it, one of the better streaming services I have seen out there.

Reactions: pboiler18
Short answer...no, not yet.

It looks like the FS1 games won't get blacked out though which is a step.

Looks like crisis has been averted for BIG footprint states but if you are out of the footprint the only thing that has been said is that access "is coming". No date on when.

Short answer...no, not yet.

It looks like the FS1 games won't get blacked out though which is a step.

Looks like crisis has been averted for BIG footprint states but if you are out of the footprint the only thing that has been said is that access "is coming". No date on when.
These things always have a remarkable tendency to resolve themselves by the second weekend of the seaso.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT