ADVERTISEMENT

Sipe or Plummer...please end this madness

Rose Bowl Boilers

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 24, 2001
Are they going to be good? I assume Alstott will not be a QB in college?

Sindelar throws pretty good balls but no one can catch it, Blough throws half good and half bad balls.

No excuse for Blough he is a redshirt junior.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
I really really hope these 2 young guys will be the answer while they play at PU. I know Sipe wasn’t recruited by CJB, but he will learn the system from day one as they all will. Not gonna happen overnight and we will need patience for sure, but if it clickes for these guys,along with good talent around them, it will be a Fun ride for sure!

Are they going to be good? I assume Alstott will not be a QB in college?

Sindelar throws pretty good balls but no one can catch it, Blough throws half good and half bad balls.

No excuse for Blough he is a redshirt junior.
Watched the game over this day.Sindelar was off,most of his passes were high and hard not the best ball for a receiver to catch.

Reactions: samcboiler
My 2 cents worth....Has no touch on short passes. Does not have quick enough release. Too many moving parts on delivery-almost "winds up" to make routine throws .........other than that assessment, he is best option at this point.

Reactions: rgarlitz
Watched the game over this day.Sindelar was off,most of his passes were high and hard not the best ball for a receiver to catch.
I'm on record for slightly preferring Blough but in regards to Sindelar throwing hard or throwing missiles, his H.S. receivers must have been able to catch his passes while racking up those passing yards. At the BIG10 level of competition, it's amazing how many drops we have.

Reactions: ChuckJr
I'm on record for slightly preferring Blough but in regards to Sindelar throwing hard or throwing missiles, his H.S. receivers must have been able to catch his passes while racking up those passing yards. At the BIG10 level of competition, it's amazing how many drops we have.

Exactly!

Sindelar's favored target in HS was a big receiver. Kid was maybe 6'6" or 6'8". Went to Belmont to play BB.

With all the receivers on the Purdue team, there is no one that is a good receiver???? Most of these guys are good athletes, surely there are some good receivers on the team.

What ever happened to Jarrett Burgess? Buried on depth chart or quit team? I remember he was in for a couple series against Louisville.....

I was wondering that also. BLJ was considered to be the fastest guy on the team last year and from what I saw as a RB he was decent catching it. If he's buried on the depth chart at RB maybe we could use him on the outside.

I was wondering that also. BLJ was considered to be the fastest guy on the team last year and from what I saw as a RB he was decent catching it. If he's buried on the depth chart at RB maybe we could use him on the outside.
get him out on swing passes, screens, or kick off returns at the very least. Too good of a talent to not being used.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT