ADVERTISEMENT

Since Brohm & Co continue to prove that they can recruit top talent to Purdue

hunkgolden

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2004
I ask - why would Jeff ever leave? If they continue to have strong recruiting classes (and there's no reason to think they won't) he has a very supportive A.D., great facilities, great academics, and possibly the best President in the biz. These are all factors as to why he turned down Tennessee. I say JB is at Purdue a long time.

I ask - why would Jeff ever leave? If they continue to have strong recruiting classes (and there's no reason to think they won't) he has a very supportive A.D., great facilities, great academics, and possibly the best President in the biz. These are all factors as to why he turned down Tennessee. I say JB is at Purdue a long time.

Muchas mas dineros and a chance to win a national championship, if that's what he wants. I for one hope like heck he stays. Just depends on what he wants and what makes him happy.

I believe all those things are weighing into our favor. I did have a "somewhat reliable source tell me the biggest thing in keeping CJB here is he loves how he is being treated by everyone. That however does not keep me from keeping an eye on Louisville. Petrino is struggling somewhat with his 2019 recruiting class so far. He only has 10 commitments as of now that ranks them at #70. Three of the 10 are TEs and one of those has no stars. Now they may be in on some big timers for late in the recruiting cycle I don't know.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
I believe all those things are weighing into our favor. I did have a "somewhat reliable source tell me the biggest thing in keeping CJB here is he loves how he is being treated by everyone. That however does not keep me from keeping an eye on Louisville. Petrino is struggling somewhat with his 2019 recruiting class so far. He only has 10 commitments as of now that ranks them at #70. Three of the 10 are TEs and one of those has no stars. Now they may be in on some big timers for late in the recruiting cycle I don't know.
LSU concerns me also. They won’t hesitate to can Coach O if they have another disappointing year in the Bayou. And they can afford to double CJBs salary AND double his staff salary pool.

Muchas mas dineros and a chance to win a national championship, if that's what he wants. I for one hope like heck he stays. Just depends on what he wants and what makes him happy.

But if you can recruit here.. why leave. Here 10-2 and a bowl game against Florida has people dancing in the streets .. at LSU it has alumni asking the AD what went wrong in the coaching search

Listening to the latest PAPN and Steven Godfrey said Brohm likely coaches at Louisville at some point, but will probably be at Purdue longer than most people think. Chose Brohm years at Purdue in their "Saban Or" segment.

plus that Papa John debacle doesn't help.

But if you can recruit here.. why leave. Here 10-2 and a bowl game against Florida has people dancing in the streets .. at LSU it has alumni asking the AD what went wrong in the coaching search

You’re preaching to the choir. But money talks.

What’s the max Purdue could give him? That’s the interesting question. Hopefully we have an ad now who sees the full value that a great fball coach brings to the entire university.

It depends on what he wants his legacy to be and how hungry he is to win at the ultimate level.

Reactions: DannyGranger
He may leave sometime, but look where this program will be when and if he does. It will be no problem getting a big time coach to come here!

It depends on what he wants his legacy to be and how hungry he is to win at the ultimate level.

Why are Purdue fans like arguing on the side of our coach wanting to leave. I feel like on any other board they’d be arguing he’d stay if it was common knowledge that we had a lot of bakeries that “served his favorite muffin.”

And here people are arguing for our coach leaving in an apparent need to make sure they “seek the truth.”

Why are Purdue fans like arguing on the side of our coach wanting to leave. I feel like on any other board they’d be arguing he’d stay if it was common knowledge that we had a lot of bakeries that “served his favorite muffin.”

And here people are arguing for our coach leaving in an apparent need to make sure they “seek the truth.”

Uh, please read my previous posts on this topic. I said I hope like heck he stays. I'm just trying to speculate on a question about why he might leave.

Uh, please read my previous posts on this topic. I said I hope like heck he stays. I'm just trying to speculate on a question about why he might leave.

Yes.. whereas most fans would be like “well I heard our school colors were his favorite colors in 3rd grade... he’s staying..” at Purdue, on a board recruits and their parents can read for free, we have people “seeking objectivity above all.”

Yes.. whereas most fans would be like “well I heard our school colors were his favorite colors in 3rd grade... he’s staying..” at Purdue, on a board recruits and their parents can read for free, we have people “seeking objectivity above all.”

Okay, I guess my quote will be used as a reason for a recruit to choose elsewhere? Please...

Reactions: PU4ever
You couldn't pay me enough money to be coach of a marquee program in 2018. The entitled fan expectations, the national title or you're fired mentality, the scandals that come with it.. And I'd hate to be in the national spotlight and have something dumb I might have said when I was 15 years old dug up and end my career and drag my family through the mud. Making millions of dollars at a school that is happy to win 8-10 games, beating our rivals, and flying under the radar of the tabloid media sounds ideal to me. Bet on yourself and be the man here. We'll name the next stadium after you.

Reactions: ejs1111 and SKYDOG
You couldn't pay me enough money to be coach of a marquee program in 2018. The entitled fan expectations, the national title or you're fired mentality, the scandals that come with it.. And I'd hate to be in the national spotlight and have something dumb I might have said when I was 15 years old dug up and end my career and drag my family through the mud. Making millions of dollars at a school that is happy to win 8-10 games, beating our rivals, and flying under the radar of the tabloid media sounds ideal to me. Bet on yourself and be the man here. We'll name the next stadium after you.

Agreed... again to all of those making sure they prioritize seeking truth ... he’s a millionaire who drives a Toyota...

You’re preaching to the choir. But money talks.

What’s the max Purdue could give him? That’s the interesting question. Hopefully we have an ad now who sees the full value that a great fball coach brings to the entire university.

That's just it. The longer he stays and has success, the more we can give. He made the team profitable again. That is with just a 7 win season and only sellig out one game. Plenty of room to grow, so watch his salary continue to march up. Got to get that buyout closer to 10 million though.

See my post about the anonymous coach quotes about how coaches feel about Ferentz at Iowa. That’s the dream of every coach and something totally attainable at Purdue.

Reactions: TheGunner
I just replied to the post of the Dad of one of our commits on KC without even knowing it... so who do you think is here

Please don't be stupid. A recruit isn't gonna change their mind because of my or anyone else's post on here, unless fans are personally attacking them. Anyone one with enough sense can speculate any successful coach might move on to what they believe is a better opportunity.

Here, let me fix this for you. I believe Jim Harbaugh is on the hot seat for going 1-5 against his rivals. Clearly my comment should keep Karlaftis from reconsidering Michigan, right?

Does that make you feel better?

Please don't be stupid. A recruit isn't gonna change their mind because of my or anyone else's post on here, unless fans are personally attacking them. Anyone one with enough sense can speculate any successful coach might move on to what they believe is a better opportunity.

Here, let me fix this for you. I believe Jim Harbaugh is on the hot seat for going 1-5 against his rivals. Clearly my comment should keep Karlaftis from reconsidering Michigan, right?

Not your post... the totality of posts ... if a player came here and realized “oh man... none of their own fans/a vast minority even think they will keep their coach.”

If we lose one recruit for that reason it’s too much. Vs the purpose of making sure that you max out your search for objective truth in your posting? For what? You’re trying to win the daniel Ellsberg prize?

Reactions: LM847 and SDBoiler1
Not your post... the totality of posts ... if a player came here and realized “oh man... none of their own fans/a vast minority even think they will keep their coach.”

If we lose one recruit for that reason it’s too much. Vs the purpose of making sure that you max out your search for objective truth in your posting? For what? You’re trying to win the daniel Ellsberg prize?
If a recruit chooses to consider what someone who likely has never met the coach who is recruiting him over what that coach is saying, then I don't really think the recruit has ever been a likely commit...
Just mho but really???

You actually think a recruit is going to take the time required to read my posts? much less actually be affected/inflenced by their content?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA .

Reactions: Purdue85
You actually think a recruit is going to take the time required to read my posts? much less actually be affected/inflenced by their content?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA .

Again one of our best recruits.. his dad was posting on KC and I had no idea...

What’s to gain in arguing Brohm will be gone? Erring on the side of objectivity against Purdue in a search for truth?

Reactions: LM847
Again one of our best recruits.. his dad was posting on KC and I had no idea...

What’s to gain in arguing Brohm will be gone? Erring on the side of objectivity against Purdue in a search for truth?

I'm one of the few that believe Brohm will remain at Purdue for a long time. however, I highly doubt anybody (including recruits) who reads my posts takes them seriously.

It’s what Knuckleheads do. It’s like they’re conditioned to believe Purdue can’t be successful over extended periods of time. That they must always manage expectations. Defeatist attitude.

Idiotic

It’s what Knuckleheads do. It’s like they’re conditioned to believe Purdue can’t be successful over extended periods of time. That they must always manage expectations. Defeatist attitude.

It’s like cub fans.. I believe there are some percentage of Purdue fans however small that actually WANT to talk about having MAC talent and how we aren’t as good as anyone thinks .... and Brohm leaving would allow that

I think there's only a handful of jobs that Brohm would ever consider leaving for unless the atmosphere at Purdue changes for the worse. LSU is probably not one of them. Les Miles was a perennial 10 or 11 game winner and was fired because the fans couldn't accept that he couldn't beat Alabama and wasn't winning the SEC every year. I think Michigan and Notre Dame would be more likely although Notre Dame carries a lot of donor and fan baggage that make it not a whole lot more stable than LSU. With the Meyer scandal unfolding, I'm more concerned that OSU might be a possibility. I think the list of schools that could lure him away is a very short one. It would have to be an iconic football institution where he could likely be in the CFB playoff hunt every year and one where he would either feel that he could stay for the rest of his coaching career or land him a head coaching job in the NFL at some point; not just a school with a big name, a big stadium and a big check book. It would also have to be one where fans aren't so irrational that it creates undo pressure do to ridiculous expectation (as is the case at LSU).

Yes, just really stupid. What was I thinking believing I couldn't impact recruit's choices with my comments on here? Recruit's parents are watching me. Such a bad influence. Again, completely idiotic on my part.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT