ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue football Share your favorite Tiller memories and we will send to Purdue's winningest coach

Alan_GoldandBlack.com

All-American
Jun 18, 2003
West Lafayette
As I posted with the link, now is a good time to share your favorite Joe Tiller story or memory. As we all know, old Coach is the reason this message board is named "Knucklehead Central" and only Knuckleheads are on the Internet. So, since Joe is no Knucklehead, we will print and mail your comments to Buffalo, Wyoming as I suspect he would enjoy reading them.

I will start with my brief comments about Joe posted with the other link...

It bears repeating that the family really didn't want much, if any, fanfare about his. It is good news that the Coach's spirits were lifted with the visit of 10 days ago.
I was glad to have had the chance to speak with him in late June to tell him how much we appreciate how good he was for our staff to work with. And it didn't hurt business that he won 87 games in 12 years, but that isn't the reason he is one of my all-time favorite people. He is just an interesting, eclectic, irascible, smart, witty, person.

And let's hope for the best for the Coach...Purdue can never thank him enough for what he did for the program.

Reactions: Boilers1975
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News