ADVERTISEMENT

Seniors lead rally vs. Iowa (link) ...

KODK

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
An emotional game for Perry, who after the press conference broke down when asked the name of her grandfather who had died of cancer in September. She was assisted off the podium by Terry Kix, a cancer survivor.

Link: Win

This was certainly the strangest game and I almost turned it off at the half to help prepare dinner as, frankly, Purdue stunk. But I decided to watch the beginning of the second half and it was like watching an unexpected storm blow through Mackey. Seldom has there been such an extreme turnaround. From 16 first halt To's and many of them artless, to none until the fourth quarter and only 3 for the second half. That and an unusual aggressiveness on the part of Purdue and what looked like a loss turned into a blowout for the Boilers. Harris is now the main post player and played like it. Perry was a demon and Morrisette, when she is good, is very, very good and she was. This team could beat most anyone but maybe the top two in the BT (never Md.) But, as we know, they don't always show up. They have 2 very winnable games ahead and if they win them both will be 10-6 and prob in 5th place with some momentum to do well in the BTT. Still say the NIT, but way more fun to watch when they play well. Give kudos to Versyp too. The Iowa center Gustafson was playing pick up with our interior. Sometimes it looks like we would never stop her. But we adjusted and shut her down and she fouled out after a hapless second half, truly a key to this game.

Last edited:
This was certainly the strangest game and I almost turned it off at the half to help prepare dinner as, frankly, Purdue stunk. But I decided to watch the beginning of the second half and it was like watching an unexpected storm blow through Mackey. Seldom has there been such an extreme turnaround. From 16 first halt To's and many of them artless, to none until the third quarter and only 3 for the second half. That and an unusual aggressiveness on the part of Purdue and what looked like a loss turned into a blowout for the Boilers. Harris is now the main post player and played like it. Perry was a demon and Morrisette, when she is good, is very, very good and she was. This team could beat most anyone but maybe the top two in the BT (never Md.) But, as we know, they don't always show up. They have 2 very winnable games ahead and if they win them both will be 10-6 and prob in 5th place with some momentum to do well in the BTT. Still say the NIT, but way more fun to watch when they play well. Give kudos to Versyp too. The Iowa center Gustafson was playing pick up with our interior. Sometimes it looks like we would never stop her. But we adjusted and shut her down and she fouled out after a hapless second half, truly a key to this game.
Agree with you. Very weird game. The contrast between the two halves was indeed incredible.

Gave me pause to think as to what the color guy on BTN said re Sharon. I do not know him but he said several times he scouted or was associated with the WNBA and seemed to have great insight into the game in general and the B1G in particular. Was very complimentary of Versyp and our coaching.
______

Agree with you. Very weird game. The contrast between the two halves was indeed incredible.

Gave me pause to think as to what the color guy on BTN said re Sharon. I do not know him but he said several times he scouted or was associated with the WNBA and seemed to have great insight into the game in general and the B1G in particular. Was very complimentary of Versyp and our coaching.
______
The color man was the very highly respected coach of Washington in the WNBA, formerly the coach of Connecticut. His knowledge of the game and great preparation caused me to tell my wife that he is the best color person I remember hearing.

Reactions: DocRon
The color man was the very highly respected coach of Washington in the WNBA, formerly the coach of Connecticut. His knowledge of the game and great preparation caused me to tell my wife that he is the best color person I remember hearing.
Thanks for enlightening me. I could not agree more with your post. It was real pleasure to listen to him.

Wow, Indiana lost to Nebraska which was a shock and MSu blew out mich. This is truly a who shows up when year. We can win the last two and maybe get the 4th spot tho even if we win both the fifth is likely. Interesting to see if we will emerge a top the pack of teams in the middle or just be an also ran.

Wow, Indiana lost to Nebraska which was a shock and MSu blew out mich. This is truly a who shows up when year. We can win the last two and maybe get the 4th spot tho even if we win both the fifth is likely. Interesting to see if we will emerge a top the pack of teams in the middle or just be an also ran.
Yeah, when we played Nebraska I thought they were the worst team I saw all year. I felt sorry for them. So they beat a team we didn't even come close to. Go figure.

That's a bad loss for a bubble team.

If we win our last two and MSU wins it last two, we are the No. 4 seed. Not so unlikely!!

That would be great. Could happen. But I do not think those who want Versyp to go will be happy with any success unless we begin to get big time athletes like the few other major powers do and began to re-enter the national scene. Don't know what the new AD will do or even if he can get a coach that can produce a major turnaround, but two more wins and one in the BTT will mean 20 wins and it is really hard to fire a coach who does that. If we lose out maybe it would be different. I think tho this team will finish the season strong.

If Purdue, MSU, and Indiana win out, we would be the 4th seed and I.U. the 5th seed, setting up a likely rematch. I would like that.

Yes, a crack at Indiana again would be a good thing. They trashed us inside last time, but it seems from the Iowa game, that maybe we learned better how to combat that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT