ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmage?

I have no idea. I hope you are correct.
Purdue’s stars will get paid and MP will adjust the ‘base’ pay everyone receives to be generally in line with market but I suspect you’re right, and Purdue will lose players at some point they want to keep. I hope we don’t lose any key pieces in advance of next season.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Purdue’s stars will get paid and MP will adjust the ‘base’ pay everyone receives to be generally in line with market but I suspect you’re right, and Purdue will lose players at some point they want to keep. I hope we don’t lose any key pieces in advance of next season.
Painter has a knack of getting players to buy into the long term winning. It’s been pretty amazing really in the NIL age.

• Love
Reactions: northside100

Not saying we might lose a guy. Not at all.

I just have no idea how our NIL shapes up with other schools.

Don't know anything about our NIL status other than we kept Zach, which I am sure was a feat. That was 1 key guy, and Purdue came through well.

But this roster is loaded with several key guys I would not want to lose...even down to our new frosh.

Seeing the high % leave other schools makes me glad for the culture and coach we have. But $1 M for Gillis. Man that's a lot for a guy that was an experienced super sub!!

Not saying we might lose a guy. Not at all.

I just have no idea how our NIL shapes up with other schools.

Don't know anything about our NIL status other than we kept Zach, which I am sure was a feat. That was 1 key guy, and Purdue came through well.

But this roster is loaded with several key guys I would not want to lose...even down to our new frosh.

Seeing the high % leave other schools makes me glad for the culture and coach we have. But $1 M for Gillis. Man that's a lot for a guy that was an experienced super sub!!
Agree with that, although I do think there's a real chance that we could lose a guy we'd like to keep after this season (no idea who that might be). Hopefully, MP's management of NIL along with players buying into the 'winning has to be enough' philosophy mitigates that risk.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Agree with that, although I do think there's a real chance that we could lose a guy we'd like to keep after this season (no idea who that might be). Hopefully, MP's management of NIL along with players buying into the 'winning has to be enough' philosophy mitigates that risk.
Agreed. Painter had a recent interview on Bragg's in the Stands where he said "We are better situated than a lot of people think," and referred to other schools not being able to pay players as being a problem, which was some positive insight I guess. He also mentioned how all Purdeu freshman get paid the same then that amount gets raised based on production.

I honestly think we lose people more for playing time than anything. I don't see how you keep each of Heide, Colvin, and Gicarri happy.

I honestly think we lose people more for playing time than anything. I don't see how you keep each of Heide, Colvin, and Gicarri happy.
If they’re all in the rotation at 15+ minutes and Purdue wins this year I think they’re likely fine. If those things don’t happen there’s real risk. Keep in mind that all three are Purdue legacies.

Agreed. Painter had a recent interview on Bragg's in the Stands where he said "We are better situated than a lot of people think," and referred to other schools not being able to pay players as being a problem, which was some positive insight I guess. He also mentioned how all Purdeu freshman get paid the same then that amount gets raised based on production.

That approach might make recruiting a little tougher but is great for retention.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT