ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule Breakdown

cabes4purdue

Gold Member
Jan 22, 2013
How would you all breakdown the schedule from what we know now? Assuming the key plays stay healthy, which never happens it seems, how you categorize each game. I broke it down for myself below, but thought some might see it differently.

1.Oregon State- should win

2.Uconn- should win

3.ND- expected loss, need a near flawless game

4.Illinois- should win

5.Minnesota- toss up based on history and luckily at home, but really need to win

6.Iowa- expected loss, but I think Iowa never really blows you away with talent so why I expect to lose I think we could win if we play well. They usually beat teams by being solid so if we can be solid and not make mistakes then you give yourself a much better chance.

7.Wisconsin- expected loss, until proven otherwise. We should have gone for 2 in OT in 2019, that was the best chance we've had in 17 years. I expect to lose this game because it's Wisconsin, but I don't put it in the same realm as ND and OSU of unlikely. I want to beat them so bad though, more than anyone on the schedule including IU. We need to get this monkey off our back.

8. Nebraska- Toss up to me. I just think Nebraska has been consistently disappointing with Frost, but they still have enough to beat us for sure. I probably lean towards loss here, but if we are 4-3 or somehow 5-2 I would probably change this to a leaning win.

9. MSU - should win

10. OSU - expected loss

11. NW - toss up

12. IU - toss up. I think they are as good as they have been in a while but rivalry games are usually tighter than most and I do think IU isn't exactly as great as advertised. Good yes, but beatable.

What do you all think? If the categories are win, toss up, or loss how would you break it down in your eyes?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News