ADVERTISEMENT

Say something nice

Jul 25, 2011
About Iowa.. Being a Hawk fan i will return the favor .

-Rod Woodsen, Mike Alstot and Drew Brees are 3 of my favorite NFL players all time. True Professionals. Elite!

-The Engineer's and Nasa employees that Purdue pumps out is impressive.

-Jim Gaffigan is down right funny. Love that guy.

-I love the color combination of your uniforms. Black and Gold certainly go well together. Might just be my favorite colors!

-Rod Woodsen, Mike Alstot and Drew Brees are 3 of my favorite NFL players all time. True Professionals. Elite!

-I love the color combination of your uniforms. Black and Gold certainly go well together. Might just be my favorite colors!

The hospital at Iowa, I believe, is considered one of the top hospitals in the country. Had it not been for the doctors there, one of my good college friends would not have lived past 18. Always thankful for that!

Iowa produced one of my favorite NFL players...Dwight Clark (Colts fan here). Although he torched us for a win (I still don't think Purdue has figured out how to cover the TE across the middle of the field), still a workhorse for Peyton Manning in Indy.

Had probably one of the greatest punters of all time, Reggie Roby! Being a kicker myself, he was one I looked up to!

Your Head Coach is a good one and should be a first ballot HOF'er. Ferentz is and always has been a class act in my book. he knows the limitations of coaching at Iowa and has had some damn good football teams in his time there. I hope he is given his way to step aside when he wants...but doesn't hold on too long like JoePa did and hurt the program.

Also, Black and Gold is a great combo for you (and for my other university choice as well!)

Reactions: WildTurk
Iowa - what's good

SPORTS
Wrestling - Historically tops in Big Ten with 23 NCAA championships.
3 Basketball final fours, one more than Purdue (but last was in 1980, same as Purdue).
29 Bowl Games - Amazing
Great Basketball Teams under Lute Olson and Dr. Tom Davis
Kirk Ferentz is a class act. Wins at a place that could be tough to recruit to.
NCAA championships in Men's gymnastics, football, field hockey, rifle and Women's track and field
Pink Locker room for visitors (is that still true?)

ACADEMIC
Medical School
Nursing School
Audiology Program

Hawkeyes arent half bad.... they arent half good either

statler-waldorf-o.gif

Reactions: SIBoiler2

Don't take the post too personally. Our football team completely sucks so we have to have something fun to post about, ha ha.

I like Iowa for producing Dallas Clark and Bob Sanders. Two of my favorite Colts players.

I was taught if I don't have something good to say don't say anything......crickets

I will say spell our players names right next time......

Boiler Up!

I wrote in a different thread that Iowa produced Herbert Hoover and William Frawley,but they also gave the world John Wayne,Donna Reed and Cloris Leachman,all Oscar Winners!

Nile Kinnick
th

Reactions: Boiler Wolf
I've been to 12 of the 14 BIG Schools (not Neb or Rutgers, yet), many of them multiple times. You guys have hands down the best bar scene. A lot of talent, too..definitely top 3 in the conference if not the best. I always tell fans they have to make an IC trip- it's a brutal drive home though.

Don't take the post too personally. Our football team completely sucks so we have to have something fun to post about, ha ha.

I like Iowa for producing Dallas Clark and Bob Sanders. Two of my favorite Colts players.
Yep- the Colts don't win a super bowl without those 2 guys.

Bob sanders was a beast. Had the biggest muscles I have ever seen. He went all out which lead to injuries. Too bad

I believe they gave us Tom Brokaw.

dsc_0344.jpg

Brokaw attended the U of Iowa (dropped out), but he is originally from South Dakota. He graduated from USD. I believe he lives in Montana or Idaho now. I've heard rumblings that he may attend a game in Kinnick this year for a live broadcast cameo.

For a turn (say something nice about hated rival Purdue):

Purdue is a top-notch school for the right student. Like U Iowa, it has average 101s and a lot of excellent major-level programs for undergrads.

Purdue usually doesn't take to the same level of shit-talking as Iowa State (a similar but inferior version of Purdue in all aspects). The Boilermakers seem to have casual respect for Iowa for 51 weeks. The Hawkeyes seem to reciprocate. But tomorrow is the culmination of hate week and we'll all have it out about the refs by Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT