ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Jackson Decommit??

Looks like it. Not surprising because I believe he had 2 decommits before committing to Purdue. The class was bad enough as is but that’s a blow not only because he was the highest ranked in class but was a dual threat qb that we need

Do we get a QB in this class then? It is awful late in the recruiting cycle.

Maybe we look for a transfer?

One of the best athletes in this class. Never saw him as a P5 QB. Wonder if ND is recruiting him as a WR or DB? Illinois getting jobbed out of a high school season likely hampered his development.

The ND pick is from April. Anyways, guess that means Purdue is getting McCulley since he only committed to IU because Purdue wanted Jackson instead (do I have that right, Nat?).

You sure he’d even go to Purdue? After all I was told Purdue never even really wanted him.;)

The ND pick is from April. Anyways, guess that means Purdue is getting McCulley since he only committed to IU because Purdue wanted Jackson instead (do I have that right, Nat?).

No way to know for sure what would’ve happened but Purdue did end up prioritizing Jackson over McCulley even though we would’ve had a chance to land McCulley if we had stayed on him.

Not quite. Rutgers has a brighter future.

giphy.gif

Nothing. Just curious of your thoughts.
Well im sure with that comment you probably went to 247 and read my post. I was being a little sarcastic but there is some truth to it with your last 2 years having a combined 6 wins and an 86th ranked recruiting class and only an average of .846 i believe purdue could become the team everyone wants on their schedule like rutgers

Well im sure with that comment you probably went to 247 and read my post. I was being a little sarcastic but there is some truth to it with your last 2 years having a combined 6 wins and an 86th ranked recruiting class and only an average of .846 i believe purdue could become the team everyone wants on their schedule like rutgers
Possibly. If Purdue wants to turn the program around they need to build depth of quality players and coach them up good. They had two good classes back to back with some top notch guys at the top end but this class has no top end or any impact guys it seems. And unless Brohm and company shows they are on the up swing, Purdue will probably not get classes like those two and the program will unfortunately be mediocre.

.846 isn’t awful. The class is ranked low because we don’t have a ton of guys. Once we land Yanni and Mbow, it should go up.

Purdue needs more love on the team - balanced by more leeway to choke young women. Then everyone will be afraid to play us.

.846 isn’t awful. The class is ranked low because we don’t have a ton of guys. Once we land Yanni and Mbow, it should go up.
I agree .846 isnt terrible but compared with the rest of the big ten its not good. If purdue had a full class i bet they would be around 50 or 60 range

Ya know, over the years there have obviously been some recruiting misses that are disappointing. However, I genuinely think this is NOT the case with Jackson.

This is no "sour grapes" post (although I'm sure a few of the IU donkeys will spin it as such). When Jackson does commit next (sounds like TCU) it will be his FOURTH (4th!!!) time "committing" to a school. That...has to be a record.

The guy has drama / head-case written all over him. Sorry for the cliche but Purdue dodged a bullet with this one.

Ya know, over the years there have obviously been some recruiting misses that are disappointing. However, I genuinely think this is NOT the case with Jackson.

This is no "sour grapes" post (although I'm sure a few of the IU donkeys will spin it as such). When Jackson does commit next (sounds like TCU) it will be his FOURTH (4th!!!) time "committing" to a school. That...has to be a record.

The guy has drama / head-case written all over him. Sorry for the cliche but Purdue dodged a bullet with this one.
Agree. Sometimes the talent isn’t worth the headache and drama. I wouldn’t believe he’s going anywhere he commits to until the ink dries on the LOI

Congrats on finally beating a team in 2 years with a winning record in Wisconsin, who is 2-2.

I am also sorry that they picked Ohio State over you guys for the BT Championship....wait no I am not.

But by beating Wisconsin, Wisconsin no longer has a winning record, so IU's streak is alive!

Not sure head case is the right word for Jackson. He committed to Minnesota very early, before the start of his junior year which is almost unheard of, as an athlete. He moved to QB and had a phenomenal year. Purdue was the only P5 school to give him the option to play QB. Jackson just doesn’t project as a QB at the next level, not many 5’10 185 lb guys do.

Not sure head case is the right word for Jackson. He committed to Minnesota very early, before the start of his junior year which is almost unheard of, as an athlete. He moved to QB and had a phenomenal year. Purdue was the only P5 school to give him the option to play QB. Jackson just doesn’t project as a QB at the next level, not many 5’10 185 lb guys do.

Perhaps I should have used a euphemism rather than head case. How about questionable loyalty and decision-making?

But yeah...soon to be his 4th commitment? I stand by the unneeded drama.

Head case is accurate based on things said on our premium board.

If only Brohm hadn’t given up on McCulley so quickly....lol.

Why is it hard to believe that we had a good shot with McCulley? Seems like IU fans can’t grasp that for some reason and think we only went for Jackson because McCulley had already told our coaches no.

If only Brohm hadn’t given up on McCulley so quickly....lol.
Dude believe what you want. Purdue stopped recruiting McCulley before he committed to IU, because Jackson committed. It has been reported by multiple sources both 247 and rivals. Does it mean he would have chosen Purdue over IU well that’s the question that no one will ever know. At this point it’s irrelevant, because he is an IU commit.

Why is it hard to believe that we had a good shot with McCulley? Seems like IU fans can’t grasp that for some reason.

You did have a good shot at McCulley, right up until the end, who said otherwise? But upon McCulley’s commitment, the narrative on this board was that Brohm didn’t want him and stopped recruiting him. Brohm was still recruiting McCulley days before his commitment. McCulley informed Brohm of his decision in the days leading up to his decision, and that’s when Brohm sought a back up. Brohm offered Jackson almost a year before offering McCulley, so this idea that Brohm decided to prioritize Jackson days before McCulley’s commitment date is nonsense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT