ADVERTISEMENT

Republican debate demands

He states in his book the only school he applied to was Yale. Pretty sure he did not state he applied. Tuition is covered by a "full government scholarship" at the academies. You know this. I'm not a huge fan of Carson but this is all media BS.
Must have been a topic on AM radio and/or Fox today. I don't follow this crap but that is one thing about the GD board, you can tell what the "conservative" talking points are on each issue by the the posts, ya'll spot the same shit.

He states in his book the only school he applied to was Yale. Pretty sure he did not state he applied. Tuition is covered by a "full government scholarship" at the academies. You know this. I'm not a huge fan of Carson but this is all media BS.

There are not scholarships at the academies, "government" or otherwise. If you are admitted, you go for free. The only time you incur any debt is if you don't live up to your military obligation, but that's not a tuition. No one pays. A scholarship is "an amount of money that is given by a school, an organization, etc., to a student to help pay for the student's education" That isn't necessary at WP. This is the state of America today...CLEARLY factual things are debated because some folks don't want to admit something politically. Crazy.

1. It is just more examples of moderators at debates being very poor and letting their political bias show. That is not their job.. Republicans want it fixed and can hardly blame them. Attack Rubio on his voting record when other candidates or Presidents the moderators voted for had worse records and never brought up the issue in the past. Why? Political bias. Vote or be a democrat fine. Moderators should be fair or at least attempt it. If they cannot do it-do not moderate.

2. I looked through the thread. And I do not think I used the words softball to describe Dems questions at debates. I am sure I said they were tough bur fair, and the moderator gave them a chance to answer without interruption. I gave plenty of specific examples of bs questions and the way they were worded.

3. Just goes to show it is not a real debate and more of a love fest and promotion of her-which are words I know I used.

4. I was not aware Rubio was the leading or even a leading candidate. Best I ever saw is he is a real distant third. The moderators interrupted for more than just time. How are those independent thoughts? And I get the time will never be exactly even-but double from approximately 4:30 to 9:00 is terrible.

5. Do not listen to Limbaugh. And for the record, have voted for Democrats before. Again stop your projection.

6. No not a sad attempt. Just true. Everyone in Army knows it. And you started with the put downs about 'sitting it out, champ', 'son', 'trained monkey'. I just fired back and you seem to have issue with it. And for as much as you comment on race issues, I am real surprised you would throw the monkey phrase out there. Real poor taste and hypocritical.

No, it's a sad attempt. It's laughable, and I don't care if you want to keep trying it or asserting that "everyone in the Army" someone has an opinion that this or that job "seeks validation" from some other job...but gotta say I've never heard anyone but idiots try and make that argument. Most reasonable combat arms folks recognize the need for other folks to do their jobs. The idiots don't though. I'm sure which camp you are in, but I was sure of that before.

The rest of this is like trying to debate quantum physics with a cat. I'd use trained monkey but apparently that makes me racist against my own race according to you which is a really lame attempt at that lol

You aren't good at this man, just sayin'.

Politco had to change their story on Carson, they were in such a rush they got it wrong. Carson was a little hazy on something that happened like 35 years ago. Politico screwed up today. This will not damage Carson. But everyone knew this was coming. The MSN cannot stand the thought of a black conservative. They will go at him with everything they have. Did he pee his pants in kindergarten? You will know in a few days. Did he lie when he was 4 years old?
If you want to see some real racism in action watch the media discuss Ben Carson.

Reactions: Purdue97
Politco had to change their story on Carson, they were in such a rush they got it wrong. Carson was a little hazy on something that happened like 35 years ago. Politico screwed up today. This will not damage Carson. But everyone knew this was coming. The MSN cannot stand the thought of a black conservative. They will go at him with everything they have. Did he pee his pants in kindergarten? You will know in a few days. Did he lie when he was 4 years old?
If you want to see some real racism in action watch the media discuss Ben Carson.
And there it is, as called by bear, "conservatives" can sniff out racism faster than anyone can say "you dipshits are full of shit!"

And there it is, as called by bear, "conservatives" can sniff out racism faster than anyone can say "you dipshits are full of shit!"

I have to say you are a first class hater. Do you treat your employees the same way you post? If you do you must something else to work for.

No, it's a sad attempt. It's laughable, and I don't care if you want to keep trying it or asserting that "everyone in the Army" someone has an opinion that this or that job "seeks validation" from some other job...but gotta say I've never heard anyone but idiots try and make that argument. Most reasonable combat arms folks recognize the need for other folks to do their jobs. The idiots don't though. I'm sure which camp you are in, but I was sure of that before.

The rest of this is like trying to debate quantum physics with a cat. I'd use trained monkey but apparently that makes me racist against my own race according to you which is a really lame attempt at that lol

You aren't good at this man, just sayin'.

Once again, you ignore 90% of the post. And now you added in idiot as anotehr personal attack instead of addressing the post.

Oh, and I never said I did not see the need for them and that they are not necessary. What I basically said was everyone knows who the Alpha is, and who actually seeks out validation from what group. Just knocking your first post on the matter to crap.

Anyway, I hope when you represent Soldiers you do not ignore 90% of the argument and resort to personal attacks. I am realizing why a lot of guys go get their own personal attorneys if they are in trouble. An untrained you know what can argue better.

Paperwork I had in the 90's about attending WP used "full government scholarship" as well. So did adds in the Army Times and pamphlets that were posted in barracks.

At the end of the day, tuition free, or 100% scholarship, who really cares?.

Must have been a topic on AM radio and/or Fox today. I don't follow this crap but that is one thing about the GD board, you can tell what the "conservative" talking points are on each issue by the the posts, ya'll spot the same shit.

I thought you one of the better posters on this board with your posts or linking interesting articles. That even though I know you are left.

Can I ask why the liberal MSM and posters here, seem to have their yearly masturbation material for the next year or so from getting caught up in full scholarship or tuition free language-but are not at all interested in outright lies from a candidate when they were SoS?

Anyway, I heard of this whole 'issue' when OReilly called him out on it.

It sure seems strange to challenge Ben Carson on things that happened in the 1960s. I would have to assume that the rest of his biography is well enough documented that they cannot challenge it. He went to Yale, then went to University if Michigan Medical School, was a highly regarded neurosurgeon that chaired his department at one of the highest regarded hospitals in the country.
Is this the democratic version of the birthers?

There are no scholarships to WP. Everyone attends for free. Everyone. In fact, those who attend receive a stipend roughly equivalent to 2LT pay and yes they get full benefits as if on active duty. They "pay" with a time commitment. And no one ever told you "you would have been accepted." That's BS. And if someone told you that they were lying. But I can see now why someone like you would post this.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m.../carson-defends-west-point-scholarship-story/

Read halfway down. Like I said, 'scholarship' is used to in recruiting literature to WP.

And yes, soldiers that stood out in basic at least at Ft Benning, after an interview with Brigade Commander(WP Grad), and grade check of hs or previous college grades, were told they would be accepted if they applied. Same thing back at Campbell. Work for or have a good relationship with a Colonel or above, WP Grad, same deal.

And if you do not think a Colonel or above, especially a WP Grad, is not politically connected enough to get a soldier he recomends for admission to get accepted not sure what to tell you. You should know how the Army works by now.

You really think that those senior officers are going to utilize their time and their subordinates officers time working on a nomination, interviewing, checking grades, call connections at Pentagon or WP, and not be able to get a soldier in with confidence? Please.

http://www.usma.edu/admissions/sitepages/apply_nominations.aspx

Last edited:
Paperwork I had in the 90's about attending WP used "full government scholarship" as well. So did adds in the Army Times and pamphlets that were posted in barracks.

At the end of the day, tuition free, or 100% scholarship, who really cares?.

From your own link:

"I can definitely see where parents and students who are beginning the process can misconstrue it to be a scholarship," he said. "But for those who have gone through the admission process and through the nomination process, they would never call it a scholarship."

Carson defended his use of the word scholarship in discussing his recruitment to West Point, saying, "Go look on the West Point website and you’ll see those specific words, ‘full scholarship to West Point.’"

Of course, they aren't on the website.

BL is he lied about this. Records for Westmoreland don't show him anywhere near Michigan that day Carson says he was there, in fact, he was golfing that day.

Then there's the "most honest student at Yale" award he says he won.

At what point does even someone like you question the things this yahoo says? Instant scholarships to WP, most honest student at Yale, I stabbed a guy no one can find, I was in a riot, I deflected a guy with a gun with a Jedi mind trick...if a Dem were saying this, this board would be filled with posts about it.

Last edited:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m.../carson-defends-west-point-scholarship-story/

Read halfway down. Like I said, 'scholarship' is used to in recruiting literature to WP.

And yes, soldiers that stood out in basic at least at Ft Benning, after an interview with Brigade Commander(WP Grad), and grade check of hs or previous college grades, were told they would be accepted if they applied. Same thing back at Campbell. Work for or have a good relationship with a Colonel or above, WP Grad, same deal.

And if you do not think a Colonel or above, especially a WP Grad, is not politically connected enough to get a soldier he recomends for admission to get accepted not sure what to tell you. You should know how the Army works by now.

You really think that those senior officers are going to utilize their time and their subordinates officers time working on a nomination, interviewing, checking grades, call connections at Pentagon or WP, and not be able to get a soldier in with confidence? Please.

Baloney, no one was told they would be accepted if they applied. And no a mere O6 is not going to by himself get someone he recommends accepted given the number of folks who apply to WP every year from the enlisted ranks. And yes, I think an O6 would certainly try to spend the time to get a Soldier accepted even if they were not 100 percent sure that Soldier would be accepted if they thought the Soldier worthy.

From your own link:

"I can definitely see where parents and students who are beginning the process can misconstrue it to be a scholarship," he said. "But for those who have gone through the admission process and through the nomination process, they would never call it a scholarship."

Carson defended his use of the word scholarship in discussing his recruitment to West Point, saying, "Go look on the West Point website and you’ll see those specific words, ‘full scholarship to West Point.’"

Of course, they aren't on the website.

BL is he lied about this. Records for Westmoreland don't show him anywhere near Michigan that day Carson says he was there, in fact, he was golfing that day.

Then there's the "most honest student at Yale" award he says he won.

At what point does even someone like you question the things this yahoo says? Instant scholarships to WP, most honest student at Yale, I stabbed a guy no one can find, I was in a riot, I deflected a guy with a gun with a Jedi mind trick...if a Dem were saying this, this board would be filled with posts about it.

Like I mentioned earlier he has an issue if he cannot back up he was with or saw Westmoreland. Yes, I did say that earlier. So not sure where the someone like me part comes in.

I am not really familiar with the other statements he had said/wrote. Not going to read his book either. Not sure I care much. Would not vote for him in primary and hard pressed to vote for him in GE.

Read the other parts of the link I posted. It clearly gives examples of links on USMA site that call WP enrollment a scholarship. Recruiting advertisements did the same so hard for me to crucify someone for repeating what they were told or was in a prospectus. That is all.

Baloney, no one was told they would be accepted if they applied. And no a mere O6 is not going to by himself get someone he recommends accepted given the number of folks who apply to WP every year from the enlisted ranks. And yes, I think an O6 would certainly try to spend the time to get a Soldier accepted even if they were not 100 percent sure that Soldier would be accepted if they thought the Soldier worthy.

http://archive.armytimes.com/article/20101007/NEWS/10070319/Slots-soldiers-go-unfilled-West-Point

You are right that a lot of soldiers apply. Most do not get in, especially directly. That said, as article says the slots have not been filled in decades. So yes, I do think and know a politically connected O6 and above, especially a WP Grad, after interviewing a soldier, reviewing his records, will know and will tell him/her if the would be accepted or not.

From basic up through junior enlisted years at Campbell, I knew five Soldiers that applied. All of them either got in to WP or went to Prep School and were told with credentials they would get in before hand. A dozen or so others just decided on Green to Gold, OCS/WOS, went Aviation, or SO. In the end, I think it has to do with how politically connected Senior Officer Chain of Command is and how well candidates are screened militarily/academically at lower levels..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT