ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Class Rankings

If you were a realist you would have the understanding of what Walters walked into.
Another shot of white gas coming your way....................................

He walked into a team that had just won the western division of the Big Ten but had some holes. Initially they were not craters.

"He also needed to learn on the job having not been a head coach before."

Which is EXACTLY why he should NOT be the head coach yet. If we wanted to be a player in the league we should not have hired a coach that "may" have the ability to rebuild the team but rather one with proven talent to rebuild the team.

"I think he has done an admirable job."

You have VERY LOW standards.

"A whole new system that takes time to implement along with talent that wasn't up to par to playing in the new BT."

It is very poor coaching to implement a system without the needed talent. I for one do not think that the talent that Brohm left was as bad as you have inferred. We let four OFF lineman walk out the door and four DEF lineman walk out the door all of which ended up with P5 teams. We would have still had issues but not nearly as pronounced had some/most/all of them stayed. We certainly did not have the talent to run Walters DEF or the air raid OFF. On both sides of the ball we should have schemed to the talent available. We did not do so on OFF until late in the season and NEVER did so on DEF. If time and repetitions were an issue then were were for certain running the wrong schemes. BTW There was nothing new about the Big Ten last season but there definitely will be this year.

"We'll see who was wrong."

We will. The sad thing is that you don't get the fact that I would love for the team to be good. I just don't see it happening under current leadership AND I think that the Big Ten expansion puts us further behind the 8 ball.

• Haha
Reactions: z_one
Another shot of white gas coming your way....................................

He walked into a team that had just won the western division of the Big Ten but had some holes. Initially they were not craters.

"He also needed to learn on the job having not been a head coach before."

Which is EXACTLY why he should NOT be the head coach yet. If we wanted to be a player in the league we should not have hired a coach that "may" have the ability to rebuild the team but rather one with proven talent to rebuild the team.

"I think he has done an admirable job."

You have VERY LOW standards.

"A whole new system that takes time to implement along with talent that wasn't up to par to playing in the new BT."

It is very poor coaching to implement a system without the needed talent. I for one do not think that the talent that Brohm left was as bad as you have inferred. We let four OFF lineman walk out the door and four DEF lineman walk out the door all of which ended up with P5 teams. We would have still had issues but not nearly as pronounced had some/most/all of them stayed. We certainly did not have the talent to run Walters DEF or the air raid OFF. On both sides of the ball we should have schemed to the talent available. We did not do so on OFF until late in the season and NEVER did so on DEF. If time and repetitions were an issue then were were for certain running the wrong schemes. BTW There was nothing new about the Big Ten last season but there definitely will be this year.

"We'll see who was wrong."

We will. The sad thing is that you don't get the fact that I would love for the team to be good. I just don't see it happening under current leadership AND I think that the Big Ten expansion puts us further behind the 8 ball.
You are simply an idiot. You didn't see what happened to the team after the BT championship? Are you blind? The team Walters inherited is the one you saw in the bowl game. They were really great weren't they? I have low standards? That's better than a low IQ. Poor coaching to implement a system without needed talent? LOL I'm sure you would have been satisfied to watch us get waxed by installing a system that didn't match the coaches plans and abilities? Since you think you are such a mental giant in coaching football I'm surprised you didn't apply for the job. Injuries and a new system took time to implement. Are you always so tough on first year coaches? If so, you were screaming for Matt Painter's scalp. Yes we will all know who is wrong and it won't be determined until after year 3. So crawl in your hole and whine. I'm sure you'll pop out whenever there is a loss to say 'I told you so'.

Last edited:
Due to sheer numbers. Nobody needs your whining or negativity.
I guess you will need to move on then. I am not going anywhere.

Fun fact. No Purdue coach who started their tenure with a losing record ever completed their tenure with an overall winning record. In fact only four ever had a winning season.

• Haha
Well we passed up Iowa to get out of the cellar. Honestly I bet we only get 4-5 more guys in this class and we hit up the portal more seriously. We had 45 scholarship players coming in this year and most transfers are eligible for multiple years plus the 16 from last year so you assume most stay we probably only have around 20-25 combined high school commits and transfers. That’s assuming we can keep some juniors/seniors like Klare, Mockobee, Karlaftis, Mbow, Edrine, and Moussa.

Fun fact. No Purdue coach who started their tenure with a losing record ever completed their tenure with an overall winning record. In fact only four ever had a winning season.
Fun fact: Purdue's W/L record historically is barely above .500 so your fun fact is basically our entire history more or less.

Those coaches all started with exactly the same scenario as Walters? LOL They had to deal with the portal? Put your "white gas" away. Walters has 2 more years no matter how much you whine. Nick Saban was 6-6 at MSU his second season. I guess he should have been fired because he didn't have a winning record? Btw, your "fun fact" isn't even factual. Matt Painter started with a 9-19 record. You did say "No Purdue coach". LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT