ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Class Rankings

He just flipped a 2025 receiver from Louisville to Purdue. If I remember correctly their head coach has a pretty good eye for WRs…
Lebron hills not exactly a blue chip. The state of indiana had 4 good WRs and getting 1 and letting the others higher rated go to wisconsin and indiana is nothing to get excited about.

Lmao. He didn't say that. No one said that. Also, no one said losing Burks is insurmountable.

Why are you so obsessed about statements not one ever made?
I said Burks, a 2nd team all big ten WR, was one of our 3 great returning players, until he transferred. I’m more worried about losing the entire wr room and basically having our wr group have open tryouts with talented players who couldn’t crack the rotation on other teams.

I’m more worried about losing the entire wr room and basically having our wr group have open tryouts with talented players who couldn’t crack the rotation on other teams.
Me too. The wide receiver corp that we had was not exactly stellar but now we are starting over at the position seemingly. The tight end room looks very good though so we may see a lot of that.

Reactions: pboiler18
I said Burks, a 2nd team all big ten WR, was one of our 3 great returning players, until he transferred. I’m more worried about losing the entire wr room and basically having our wr group have open tryouts with talented players who couldn’t crack the rotation on other teams.
You're entitled to your opinion. So are others.

My opinion is Burks was not "great" as you say. Good for sure. Not great. He is super fast, but not a great route runner and not shifty as his size would warrant.

If the guys we lost were putting up big numbers then I'd agree with you. But they didn't. I've seen all they can do here. Hopefully they get a chance to at the next stop. Next man up.

My opinion is Burks was not "great" as you say. Good for sure. Not great. He is super fast, but not a great route runner and not shifty as his size would warrant.

If the guys we lost were putting up big numbers then I'd agree with you. But they didn't. I've seen all they can do here. Hopefully they get a chance to at the next stop. Next man up.
And maybe it’s in the definition of great. Big ten coaches had him as second all big ten, fifth best WR. Maybe too 5 in conference doesn’t define greatness to you? Scourton and Thieneman also had similar honors would you not consider them great?

missed out today on Jayden Woods a 4 star SDE to psu, we made it to his final 4

And maybe it’s in the definition of great. Big ten coaches had him as second all big ten, fifth best WR. Maybe too 5 in conference doesn’t define greatness to you? Scourton and Thieneman also had similar honors would you not consider them great?
The truth is somewhere in between I'm sure, but people will define it the way they want to in order to fit their agenda. Burks wasn't great, and he wasn't horrible. If you're not a fan of how CRW is putting together this roster, then you'll say Burks was great in order to fit the narrative that CRW made a mistake in not keeping him (whether or not he had a choice). A CRW fan will say 30 transfers allowed him to improve the roster here, here, and here. An anti-CRW will say he messed up in letting talented players walk out the door like Burks and Scourton. But the truth is always in the middle. And most of the time, we as fans don't know anywhere near the whole story.

I'm rooting for the team wearing Old Gold and Black this fall.

Reactions: boiledmeconium
Yes, our definition of Great varies quite a bit. I don't think you can compare Burks to Scourton or Thieneman.

Scourton got a league best 10 sacks and was 4th in TFL with 15, while only playing 11 games. Great player.

Thieneman had 74 Solo Tackles (5th) 106 tackles, 6 Int (T-2) and was All-American as a Freshman. Great player.

Burks had 47 REC (15th) for 629 YD (15th) and 7 TD (T-4th). Good stats. Good player. Not great.

I've always said he was good. I never said he was a bad player. Just not great.

Get involved with the argument if you want I don’t care. Nice to know the other person has an official spokesperson for him.
For someone who says "I don't care" you sure do obsess about my replies, lmao.

And who said I was official anything? No one. Just you continuing to make stuff up because that's all you have. Sad. 😭

The truth is somewhere in between I'm sure, but people will define it the way they want to in order to fit their agenda. Burks wasn't great, and he wasn't horrible. If you're not a fan of how CRW is putting together this roster, then you'll say Burks was great in order to fit the narrative that CRW made a mistake in not keeping him (whether or not he had a choice). A CRW fan will say 30 transfers allowed him to improve the roster here, here, and here. An anti-CRW will say he messed up in letting talented players walk out the door like Burks and Scourton. But the truth is always in the middle. And most of the time, we as fans don't know anywhere near the whole story.

I'm rooting for the team wearing Old Gold and Black this fall.
So true. Boiler up! It's almost time for CAMP!!

The commits are going to be coming and the class will look better. Several predictions out there. Galloway, Alexander, Beerman. Some nice DL recruits. Sounds positive on the WR Hall as well.
welp this didn't work out so well, all these dudes are committing elsewhere lol

Nowadays, though, you keep recruiting them and you may get them next year.

For someone who says "I don't care" you sure do obsess about my replies, lmao.

And who said I was official anything? No one. Just you continuing to make stuff up because that's all you have. Sad. 😭
You’re the one who interjected and commented on 2 of my posts. I had no idea you even existed until you commented. Someone is definitely obsessed, but it’s not me, Mr spokesman.

• Haha
Reactions: boiledmeconium
Who knows? Don’t think it’s fair to Walters to speculate without evidence.
To suggest it’s impossible none of the transfers were nudged just tells me you are in complete denial. Absolutely they were and it was reported he took advantage of a rule his first two years he could dump players. Whether it was 25%, 50%, 75% of transfer portals is unknown but it’s not speculation that it was happening

To suggest it’s impossible none of the transfers were nudged just tells me you are in complete denial. Absolutely they were and it was reported he took advantage of a rule his first two years he could dump players. Whether it was 25%, 50%, 75% of transfer portals is unknown but it’s not speculation that it was happening
You should be able to tell pretty much by where they end up, couldn’t you?

You should be able to tell pretty much by where they end up, couldn’t you?
You could speculate the guys that didn’t end up at P5 schools were pushed out and it’s probably mostly true. At Purdue my understanding is every scholarship player got a decent NIL $, so I don’t think anyone would leave Purdue for a non P5 school unless they were wrong on where they thought they could land, which surely was the case for some of them. Of the 2023 transfer portal, only Eric Miller, Brady Allen, Finau, Doerue, Sullivan, Deen, Lawrence Johnson, Deen, Holstege ended up at P5 schools. I think there’s an argument to be made those 9 guys weren’t pushed out but some just wasn’t a good fit. 2 went with Brohm.

In 2024 it’s Scourton, Pitre, Garrett Miller, Sydnor, Deeter, Burks, ARY, Kpaka, Kaltenberger, and I’d make an argument Sheffield should be added to this list. That’s 10. Some of the DL guys I think it was just a systematic fit issue. Losing 3 WRs hurt.

I’d guess close to 50% left on their own, but of that probably more than half of those guys left due to systematic changes going from a pass-hungry offense with good coaching on the DL to Harrells offense with strong coaching at DB. This would be expected of a situation like this. But on the flip side he brought in some better transfers I don’t think brohm would especially at DB, OL, and RB.

welp this didn't work out so well, all these dudes are committing elsewhere lol

Nowadays, though, you keep recruiting them and you may get them next year.
whew boy coach has some flipping to do. We got none of the guys we were in the mix for. This class at this point does indeed look like it is going to be very poorly rated.

Reactions: krf3632
Burks wasn't great, as lead receiver.

He would have made a very good slot receiver.

But he wasn't a guy you wanted to be the number one focus of the defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT