ADVERTISEMENT

Record against the Sweet 16

Purdue's back is going to be against the wall at some point Friday night. When that happens, I hope our guys dig deep and remember they're the better team.

For some reason this makes me a little nervous. I don’t really like rematches. 1988 hangover, I guess.
Same. I don't think I can take another 1988 result. Still the worst loss in my history of following Purdue basketball. Silverdale is gone, though; so that's good.

Reactions: rgarlitz
Purdue's back is going to be against the wall at some point Friday night. When that happens, I hope our guys dig deep and remember they're the better team.
We can certainly lose to Gonzaga but like last weekend, I'm more concerned about the second game than the first.

We can certainly lose to Gonzaga but like last weekend, I'm more concerned about the second game than the first.
IMHO, this Friday’s game’s first 10 minutes are the most important, potentially for both games. If Purdue can get off to a good start with no jitters, and in their minds, just continue the positive momentum they have from the Utah St game, with the X-factor Edey, I would expect Purdue to win. AFA the Sunday game, whoever Purdue might play will have shorter rest from their anticipated very tough Friday game.

If Creighton wins, they would be preparing for something they have not encountered this year in Edey, but offensively they are solid.

If Tennessee wins, I like Purdue’s offense vs their defense and Purdue’s defense vs their offense, especially on short rest.

Keep feeding the beast and then take what they give you. The way we are shooting I am very optimistic in Purdue’s chances this weekend. It is our time, so let’s take it! BoilerUp!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT