ADVERTISEMENT

Reasons to Stay at Purdue

hunkgolden

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2004
1. Momentum - the Purdue football program has tremendous momentum and the current incoming class ranked in the top 25 (before Bell and Williams commit).
2. Relationship with Daniels and Bobinski - having a great relationship with your AD and President is invaluable.
3. Purdue's commitment to football - lots of upgrades in recent years and plenty more to come.
4. B1G West - not a terribly difficult road to get to Indy every year.
5. Fans - Boiler Nation appreciates the work he's doing and doesn't have "crazy" fans with "crazy" expectations. He doesn't have to look over his shoulder here.
6. Purdue marketing has done a great job of selling the program to recruits and fans.
7. Rondale Moore - you don't get a chance to coach players like him too often. Add the talent Purdue has coming in next year (along with a winnable schedule) and it could be a special year next year.
8. George Karlaftis - given his family situation I think Brohm & Co know what they mean to him.
9. Tyler Trent - how can you leave this kid now?
10. Brady - seems to really dig his role as BMOC.

1. Momentum - the Purdue football program has tremendous momentum and the current incoming class ranked in the top 25 (before Bell and Williams commit).
2. Relationship with Daniels and Bobinski - having a great relationship with your AD and President is invaluable.
3. Purdue's commitment to football - lots of upgrades in recent years and plenty more to come.
5. Fans - Boiler Nation appreciates the work he's doing and doesn't have "crazy" fans with "crazy" expectations. He doesn't have to look over his shoulder here.
6. Purdue marketing has done a great job of selling the program to recruits and fans.
7. Rondale Moore - you don't get a chance to coach players like him too often. Add the talent Purdue has coming in next year (along with a winnable schedule) and it could be a special year next year.
8. George Karlaftis - given his family situation I think Brohm & Co know what they mean to him.
Add on there of not having to do a complete rebuilding of a program again.

In fairness, Louisville isn’t a complete rebuild. There is a lot of talent on the roster that can be coached up and built around.

He’s a whole lot less likely to get stabbed in the back and used as a scapegoat here....Oh, I forgot, he already knows that from the first time they canned him from a coaching position down there...

He’s a whole lot less likely to get stabbed in the back and used as a scapegoat here....Oh, I forgot, he already knows that from the first time they canned him from a coaching position down there...
Not entirely accurate but something that he’s probably considered. Doubtful it would stop him from taking the job when you consider that none of the individuals involved in that situation are still at Louisville.

West Lafayette school system is on.e of the best in the country.

This is the weakest argument. I am sure that there are some pretty good private schools in Louisville metro area and Brohm will be able to afford the tuition at any of them.

I want him to stay but this argument is silly.

Rebuild my ass....

Last ten years..4-8 7-6 7-6 11-2 12-1 9-4 8-5 9-4 8-5 and now.... 2-8...we ain't Purdue. This is not a rebuild. This is in the modern era is a historically winning program

Reactions: Kentucky31
This is the weakest argument. I am sure that there are some pretty good private schools in Louisville metro area and Brohm will be able to afford the tuition at any of them.

Brady will be a freshman next year and I would guess he would enroll at Trinity HS where Jeff, Greg and Brian graduated and where Oscar is asst coach. I would not discount the attraction that would be to the grandparents..

In fairness, Louisville isn’t a complete rebuild. There is a lot of talent on the roster that can be coached up and built around.
Brady will be a freshman next year and I would guess he would enroll at Trinity HS where Jeff, Greg and Brian graduated and where Oscar is asst coach. I would not discount the attraction that would be to the grandparents..
Or Central Catholic in Lafayette.

Reactions: Futureboiler

Plus his kids are in the Catholic school system already.

Yikes, I didn't realize any of that. I would assume that would be a big attraction.

I”ll say why I think he’s gone. I do have a source who’s son was on the team last year. He says Brohm excepted the Tennessee job last year and the Chancellor vetoed it! He knew he would leave for the Louisville job. I do hope he stays tho!

I will happily eat crow. I will come back here if Brohm stays, I am a man of my word.....not like others on your board who owe me money from a bet regarding Petrino.

However, he is gone.....you be prepared to eat crow.

FYI....Grits are tasty and quite frankly, so is squirrel. Ill never be ashamed of being from Kentucky or the "South"quite honestly, I am very proud of it.

Reactions: Kentucky31
Kickers usually are, but very highly rated ones still have plenty of options.

I think I read that his dad went to Purdue. If so would be a big reason he came here. I’m glad he chose Purdue and wish him the best, but I don’t think this proves or disproves anything regarding Brohm.

I think I read that his dad went to Purdue. If so would be a big reason he came here. I’m glad he chose Purdue and wish him the best, but I don’t think this proves or disproves anything regarding Brohm.
Oscar Brohm attended Louisville and played football there.

Purdue football is better than normal, but it is still Purdue. Lot's of upgrades will still not be anywhere close to the traditional powers of OSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Iowa, Penn St. Etc.

Also, the West isn't going to be as easy as you think. Wisconsin has dominated, but Iowa is lurking, Nebraska is getting better, Northwestern has shown it can win, etc....

Purdue is a great school with lots to offer, but is more viewed as a basketball school to anyone outside of your area. Jeff Brohm is a stud, but will have a ceiling at Purdue.

Reactions: Chapman123
Purdue football is better than normal, but it is still Purdue. Lot's of upgrades will still not be anywhere close to the traditional powers of OSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Iowa, Penn St. Etc.

Also, the West isn't going to be as easy as you think. Wisconsin has dominated, but Iowa is lurking, Nebraska is getting better, Northwestern has shown it can win, etc....

Purdue is a great school with lots to offer, but is more viewed as a basketball school to anyone outside of your area. Jeff Brohm is a stud, but will have a ceiling at Purdue.
I couldn't possibly agree with you less. Even if I tried. But thank you for playing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT