ADVERTISEMENT

Random Ramblings

hamcoboiler

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 29, 2013
Stephens - Really glad to hear he is back with the team. I think he is going to impact some games down the stretch. Painter says, you expect more out of talent. Fans have been unfairly tough on Stephens, but I think that is largely because of his talent. Hope the time away was good for him, this team could use him.

Haas - What a great teammate. He probably starts for 300 other D-1 schools. He is always enthusiastic and makes the most of his opportunities. Great example for his teammates on how to keep a good attitude when the minutes aren't there. I think he has a big Junior season then he is NBA bound.

3 Point Shooting
- Can't figure out what happens to our shooters at Purdue. Troy Williams is shooting equal or better than Mathias & Stephens. I hope everyone can get it going down the stretch. Teams will continue to crowd the paint unless the 3 ball is going in. PJ & Edwards have down wonders for floor spacing, hope Davis' recent flurry is and indication of things to come. A deep run is predicated on guard play, our guards need to get it going.

IU - When Blackmon was hurt I told an IU fan I thought they would be better without him. The ball stays in Yogi's hand more and so many of their defensive breakdowns were when Blackmon would get out of position. How concerned should IU fans be that it took an injury for Crean to get things on track?

Stephens - Really glad to hear he is back with the team. I think he is going to impact some games down the stretch. Painter says, you expect more out of talent. Fans have been unfairly tough on Stephens, but I think that is largely because of his talent. Hope the time away was good for him, this team could use him.

Haas - What a great teammate. He probably starts for 300 other D-1 schools. He is always enthusiastic and makes the most of his opportunities. Great example for his teammates on how to keep a good attitude when the minutes aren't there. I think he has a big Junior season then he is NBA bound.

3 Point Shooting
- Can't figure out what happens to our shooters at Purdue. Troy Williams is shooting equal or better than Mathias & Stephens. I hope everyone can get it going down the stretch. Teams will continue to crowd the paint unless the 3 ball is going in. PJ & Edwards have down wonders for floor spacing, hope Davis' recent flurry is and indication of things to come. A deep run is predicated on guard play, our guards need to get it going.

IU - When Blackmon was hurt I told an IU fan I thought they would be better without him. The ball stays in Yogi's hand more and so many of their defensive breakdowns were when Blackmon would get out of position. How concerned should IU fans be that it took an injury for Crean to get things on track?
Here's hoping Stephens has the finish to the season that we all know he is capable of. The type of player that can get hot and carry a team thru an offensive dry spell. Playing PJ, Davis, and Hill together long periods at the 2 will not work long term.

What a super kid and great team player!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT