ADVERTISEMENT

Racism in America

I hear what you are saying. But no one questioned their qualifications like folks hear are doing with Biden’s minority selections. We can argue back and forth whether Biden’s selections are performing well or not. What you can’t argue is that their background qualifications are comparable or exceed past admin selections.

Did Chump check the boxes when he selected Dr. Ben Carson as Sec. of HUD? A neurosurgeon? Y’all said nothing about that.
Yeah those Neurosurgeons are all just stupid and incapable of doing anything else. Are you just picking on Carson, because he's Black and doesn't share your ideology?

Nobody is saying that just the Black Cabinet members are incompetent. Pretty much all of them are regardless of race or gender. When you have an incompetent's President making the selections, it shouldn't be surprising that he'd pick an incompetent staff, since he didn't want anyone to show him up.

Reactions: BSIT and Crayfish57
Nope, forcing diversity corrects the wrongs of Jim Crow in America where many qualified blacks were passed up; could not work, go to school, promotions etc. if you don’t like it, now you see what blacks have gone through for over 400 years.
I suspect that you're not really 400 years old.

Yeah, slavery was a bad thing, but Blacks in Africa were enslaving other Blacks and selling them to Dutch traders to bring to America. So you can make a strong case for slavery being a self inflicted wound. Are you going to seek reparations from the people, who initially enslaved Blacks?

Slavery ended in the US over 150 years ago, even though it still exists in the world. Blacks in this country have had a lot of affirmative action programs to help them get a bigger piece of the American Dream. Unfortunately, the Dems rely on 90% of the Black vote, so they are always going to keep the Blacks in this country angry and feeling disadvantaged, because that brings them to the polls.

Who controls Education in this country? Absolutely the Dems & the Dem controlled Teachers Unions. What's the education system like in the Inner Cities in our largest metropolitan areas, which are invariably ALL run by Dems? If you want the plight of ALL Blacks in the US to improve, either demand that the schools run by Dems improve their curriculums or vote for Republicans to fix the problem.

Teaching young kids CRT or The Joys of being Gay or Trans is NOT going to help their economic situation. It's just pure indoctrination. I'm amazed that anyone with kids could vote for Dems, since they're more concerned with indoctrinating our youth, than they are with educating them.

Forcing Diversity can exacerbate racial division, rather than resolve it, if you put Minorities in a position, where they're not qualified and destined to fail (Kamala). It causes resentment for the people below them in the Corporate structure, because they'll figure out fairly quickly, if you deserve to be in the job.

In 22 years in the Navy, I've worked with a large number of Minorities, Just like every other racial group, they ran the gamut in performance from excellent to unsatisfactory. When it comes to work, I look at performance. I don't care what a person's pedigree is.

Like usual, you misqoted me due to your poor reading comp. ....

I said might have been useful in 60s, 70s & 80s. but are antiquated racist & non-needed woke efforts now in 2020s.

You are for some reason taking issue with the word "might". While my focus per above is the timeline. We are passed the time for FORCED diversity or woke selection based on box checking. Its just wrong.
Bob likes to pick nits. It makes him feel important and takes the edge off his TDS.

“I've NEVER seen two more unqualified people in the WH.” What? You clearly and purposely forgot about Bush/Cheney? The blood of 1,000s US soldiers are on their hands with their lies of weapons on mass destruction in Iraq.

As far as the Chump Administrstjsn, what qualified Dr. Ben Carson for HUD secretary? A neurosurgeon. He was horrible. Dr. Becky Devoss was clearly underqualified and over her head in the Education department? She knew nothing about public education. Pence never set the world on fire as VP either.

It seems like with you guys, if a Republican President selects a minority, they are qualified and no boxes were checked. Now, Biden and Obama selects minorities and all of sudden they are not qualified. No mention of white males in prior US administrations that jacked this country up from time to time since 1776.
You completely MISSED THE POINT.

Biden specifically picked his Cabinet, because they checked Identity Politics boxes and then he bragged about each one being the first with those qualities to ever hold the position. His criteria was SOLELY Identity Politics. Never once did you see him listing & bragging about their professional qualifications.

I don't care about the Race, Gender or Ethnicity of anyone selected to the Cabinet, IF they're QUALIFIED. I want the best people possible to run the country. Competence & qualifications were NOT on Biden's list.

You really need to try to not view EVERYTHING as a Racial issue. They seem to be that way to you, but to most people of all races they're not. Yet you attack Carson, because he's Black, but doesn't think the right way to suit you, although he was a brilliant Neurosurgeon.

I was not a great fan of Bush, but he was better than Gore & Kerry, so I feel that l voted for the best candidate available.

I'll agree that every cabinet has some people that make you wonder why/how they got the job. Biden is the first President where you question whether anyone is qualified.

Nope, forcing diversity corrects the wrongs of Jim Crow in America where many qualified blacks were passed up; could not work, go to school, promotions etc. if you don’t like it, now you see what blacks have gone through for over 400 years.
But, why do black immigrants from Africa come to the US and do well academically and professionally? I would argue it's because they're focused on the two most important things related to success: family (specifically, married parents) and work ethic.

Was Chump woke when he selected Carson and Cho to be in his cabinet? What about Bush the Younger. Was he woke when he selected Powell and Rice in his administration? Why is it that when a democratic president selects a black person to be in the cabinet, they are being woke? When a Republican president selects a black person, they are qualified?
Because Trump didn't scream to the masses how he was going to hire a black person, or a black woman or a tranny. That's called identity politics and the dems play that game better than anyone.
Trump and Republican don't care that someone is black, they care that they're qualified. If that qualified person happens to be black or female or gay, fine. Dems on the other hand, care first that they're black (or a woman or tranny or whatever) and then worry about job qualifications.

I suspect that you're not really 400 years old.

Yeah, slavery was a bad thing, but Blacks in Africa were enslaving other Blacks and selling them to Dutch traders to bring to America. So you can make a strong case for slavery being a self inflicted wound. Are you going to seek reparations from the people, who initially enslaved Blacks?

Slavery ended in the US over 150 years ago, even though it still exists in the world. Blacks in this country have had a lot of affirmative action programs to help them get a bigger piece of the American Dream. Unfortunately, the Dems rely on 90% of the Black vote, so they are always going to keep the Blacks in this country angry and feeling disadvantaged, because that brings them to the polls.

Who controls Education in this country? Absolutely the Dems & the Dem controlled Teachers Unions. What's the education system like in the Inner Cities in our largest metropolitan areas, which are invariably ALL run by Dems? If you want the plight of ALL Blacks in the US to improve, either demand that the schools run by Dems improve their curriculums or vote for Republicans to fix the problem.

Teaching young kids CRT or The Joys of being Gay or Trans is NOT going to help their economic situation. It's just pure indoctrination. I'm amazed that anyone with kids could vote for Dems, since they're more concerned with indoctrinating our youth, than they are with educating them.

Forcing Diversity can exacerbate racial division, rather than resolve it, if you put Minorities in a position, where they're not qualified and destined to fail (Kamala). It causes resentment for the people below them in the Corporate structure, because they'll figure out fairly quickly, if you deserve to be in the job.

In 22 years in the Navy, I've worked with a large number of Minorities, Just like every other racial group, they ran the gamut in performance from excellent to unsatisfactory. When it comes to work, I look at performance. I don't care what a person's pedigree is.
That is the right wing goto to justify slavery in America is bringing up that Africans sold other blacks to the slave traders. Yes, that is a fact, similar to the Native Americans, they treats their rival tribes horribly. However, these Africans never forced or commandeered any slave ship to pick up these Africans and take them into slavery in America. That is on the Americans since 1619. That is ridiculous to demand reparations from the African countries that the slaves came from. We live here in the US where it happened. We are not citizens of the African countries.

That is very insulting to infer that the Dems keep blacks angry in order to bring them to the polls. We think for ourselves and what brings blacks to the polls are repubs that vote against affirmative action and other programs that benefit blacks. Not the Dems. Affirmative have helped a lot blacks get ahead and successful including Clarence Thomas and Ben Carson at Yale. Since then, Thomas rules against affirmative action every chance he got. If blacks were never discriminated in the first place, there would not have need for affirmative action or diversity programs in the first place. Therefore, to use your word, affirmative action is self-inflicted on behalf of whites.

As far education, there is nothing wrong with the curriculum and teachers. Yes, there are bad apples and corruption like any other organization. The problems with these inner city schools are students themselves. These kids as we all know come from jacked up family backgrounds that impede learning. These kids are not disciplined and disrupt the learning experience with the students that want to learn. The teachers can’t teach when kids are disrupting the class. The Dems have nothing to do with that. So, how would a Republican fix this problem under the legal power of the mayor office. Not right wing talking points.

As far as CRT, teaching black history, good and bad, is not CRT. True CRT taught in K-12 schools. Law schools and grad schools. If they are teaching white kids to hate themselves as being oppressors in these schools is not CRT and should not be called as such.

Diversity or forcing diversity, whatever you want to call it, exacerbates racial tensions if you let it. Qualified blacks have been passed up for jobs, public office, education for decades. Like the old saying “the chickens have come home to roost”.

But, why do black immigrants from Africa come to the US and do well academically and professionally? I would argue it's because they're focused on the two most important things related to success: family (specifically, married parents) and work ethic.
I answered this question for you over and over. First of all not all African immigrants are successful. However, a lot of them are because yes, I agree that they are focused on education. Nigerians in particular in general are highly focused on education. A Nigerian dude told me that a BS degree is expected of them.

Another reason is that African immigrants are not culturally conditioned to believe they are marginalized and undervalued like American blacks are. African immigrants did not go through Jim Crow era like American blacks that held blacks behind for decades.

I answered this question for you over and over. First of all not all African immigrants are successful. However, a lot of them are because yes, I agree that they are focused on education. Nigerians in particular in general are highly focused on education. A Nigerian dude told me that a BS degree is expected of them.

Another reason is that African immigrants are not culturally conditioned to believe they are marginalized and undervalued like American blacks are. African immigrants did not go through Jim Crow era like American blacks that held blacks behind for decades.

Well, I think what you're saying is that it's not the skin color that holds people back, but rather the culture?
Otherwise, how could black Nigerians immigrate to the US and be successful academically and financially? Because if they were subject to racism based on skin, then they would be experiencing the same problems US born blacks experience?

Well, I think what you're saying is that it's not the skin color that holds people back, but rather the culture?
Otherwise, how could black Nigerians immigrate to the US and be successful academically and financially? Because if they were subject to racism based on skin, then they would be experiencing the same problems US born blacks experience?
Culture, yes is one thing. But believe me they find out pretty quick what it is like to be black in America. They experience racism like anyone else.

Culture, yes is one thing. But believe me they find out pretty quick what it is like to be black in America. They experience racism like anyone else.
You've never experienced racism. You said it yourself, several times.

You've never experienced racism. You said it yourself, several times.
Yeah, I’ve been blessed that I have not had any adversity to hold me back from school and work. Again, I ask you, what does that have to do with anything? Some blacks experience adversity when it comes to racism, some don’t. What is your point?

Yeah, I’ve been blessed that I have not had any adversity to hold me back from school and work. Again, I ask you, what does that have to do with anything? Some blacks experience adversity when it comes to racism, some don’t. What is your point?
The point is, and you've just said it yourself, that racism isn't as prevalent in the US as the lefties, libs and dems would have us believe. There's a significant percentage of the black population who has never experienced racism and an even larger percentage who hasn't experienced racism to the point where it's impacted them socio -economically.
There are no laws (and there haven't been for 60 years (that's almost 3 generations) preventing a black person from doing anything a non-black person is able to do.
Racism is pretty far down on the list of negatives impacting black Americans.

The point is, and you've just said it yourself, that racism isn't as prevalent in the US as the lefties, libs and dems would have us believe. There's a significant percentage of the black population who has never experienced racism and an even larger percentage who hasn't experienced racism to the point where it's impacted them socio -economically.
There are no laws (and there haven't been for 60 years (that's almost 3 generations) preventing a black person from doing anything a non-black person is able to do.
Racism is pretty far down on the list of negatives impacting black Americans.
You are grossly out it touch with reality. Let me educate you and others. Jim Cow died in 1965. However, Jim Crow’s more sophisticated cousin, James Crow Esquire is alive and well. Racism is more subtle now. Racists use a lot of code words now. There is still racism when it comes to housing, loans, police brutality etc. So called “Karen’s” running around harassing blacks for selling water on the sidewalk, cheering for kids during soccer games, entering own apartments etc. People still running around with racist confederate flags. Black people selling their homes get undervalued by appraisers compared to similar homes owned by whites in the same neighborhood. People on this board have called me “boy” several times.

You are grossly out it touch with reality. Let me educate you and others. Jim Cow died in 1965. However, Jim Crow’s more sophisticated cousin, James Crow Esquire is alive and well. Racism is more subtle now. Racists use a lot of code words now. There is still racism when it comes to housing, loans, police brutality etc. So called “Karen’s” running around harassing blacks for selling water on the sidewalk, cheering for kids during soccer games, entering own apartments etc. People still running around with racist confederate flags. Black people selling their homes get undervalued by appraisers compared to similar homes owned by whites in the same neighborhood. People on this board have called me “boy” several times.
Was it President Biden who called you “boy” on this board? He calls Blacks “boy” often.

Did Chump check the boxes when he selected Dr. Ben Carson as Sec. of HUD? A neurosurgeon? Y’all said nothing about that.
Relatively ironic that you complain that people are questioning the Biden cabinet because of demographics and you proceed to question Carson’s appointment under Trump. Just goes to show that no one really wins this debate and all politics is just that, politics.
My family all farm together and the older ones likes to say we don’t care what the guy in Washington says, we care what the local weatherman says. Keep things in perspective, the government should have no bearing on your every day life. As long as it stays relatively that way we don’t have much to complain about

I assume “Karen” is referring to an older white woman. If so, that’s a rather derogatory remark in today’s meaning of it and would qualify as a racist thing to say. Pot meet kettle

I assume “Karen” is referring to an older white woman. If so, that’s a rather derogatory remark in today’s meaning of it and would qualify as a racist thing to say. Pot meet kettle
No, “Karens” are these racist white women of any age that call the police on blacks people minding their own business. It’s sad when a little 9 year old black girl with her mom is on the side walk, selling water to raise money to go to Disneyworld and some woman calls the police on them.

Relatively ironic that you complain that people are questioning the Biden cabinet because of demographics and you proceed to question Carson’s appointment under Trump. Just goes to show that no one really wins this debate and all politics is just that, politics.
My family all farm together and the older ones likes to say we don’t care what the guy in Washington says, we care what the local weatherman says. Keep things in perspective, the government should have no bearing on your every day life. As long as it stays relatively that way we don’t have much to complain about
No, just pointing out the hypocrisy. Biden selects blacks in his administration and he is accused of “checking the boxes”. Bush and Chump selects blacks and nothing is said. They say that the blacks in the Biden admin are incompetent. Ben Carson is a neurosurgeon that is head of HUD.

No, “Karens” are these racist white women of any age that call the police on blacks people minding their own business. It’s sad when a little 9 year old black girl with her mom is on the side walk, selling water to raise money to go to Disneyworld and some woman calls the police on them.
Now consider if I reversed this. “Pick your word of choice” are black men of any age that run around harassing people minding their own business. It’s sad when young women can’t wait alone for the train or bus. How does that make you feel?

That is the right wing goto to justify slavery in America is bringing up that Africans sold other blacks to the slave traders. Yes, that is a fact, similar to the Native Americans, they treats their rival tribes horribly. However, these Africans never forced or commandeered any slave ship to pick up these Africans and take them into slavery in America. That is on the Americans since 1619. That is ridiculous to demand reparations from the African countries that the slaves came from. We live here in the US where it happened. We are not citizens of the African countries.

That is very insulting to infer that the Dems keep blacks angry in order to bring them to the polls. We think for ourselves and what brings blacks to the polls are repubs that vote against affirmative action and other programs that benefit blacks. Not the Dems. Affirmative have helped a lot blacks get ahead and successful including Clarence Thomas and Ben Carson at Yale. Since then, Thomas rules against affirmative action every chance he got. If blacks were never discriminated in the first place, there would not have need for affirmative action or diversity programs in the first place. Therefore, to use your word, affirmative action is self-inflicted on behalf of whites.

As far education, there is nothing wrong with the curriculum and teachers. Yes, there are bad apples and corruption like any other organization. The problems with these inner city schools are students themselves. These kids as we all know come from jacked up family backgrounds that impede learning. These kids are not disciplined and disrupt the learning experience with the students that want to learn. The teachers can’t teach when kids are disrupting the class. The Dems have nothing to do with that. So, how would a Republican fix this problem under the legal power of the mayor office. Not right wing talking points.

As far as CRT, teaching black history, good and bad, is not CRT. True CRT taught in K-12 schools. Law schools and grad schools. If they are teaching white kids to hate themselves as being oppressors in these schools is not CRT and should not be called as such.

Diversity or forcing diversity, whatever you want to call it, exacerbates racial tensions if you let it. Qualified blacks have been passed up for jobs, public office, education for decades. Like the old saying “the chickens have come home to roost”.
Speaking of being a chump in the truest form of the definition.............What's up Chump?

You have a racist name for everybody don't you chump?

Includes Mexico too.

I find this hilarious:

“"New to the city? Working remotely?" fliers popping up around Mexico City reportedly said. "You’re a f—ing plague and the locals f—ing hate you. Leave."

Mostly because people in the US who don’t work remote and aren’t from gentrified neighborhoods or affluent suburbs feel the same way.

traffic getting worse in your area? And not just more cars, but things like … now there’s traffic cause someone got pulled over and everyone needs to look. Check the median income. It’s probably gone up.

You're full of racist crap. A "Karen" isn't color specific. She's any woman that messes with any people (no color required) that are minding their own business. Only you would apply it as a white vs black term.

Reactions: Crayfish57
You're full of racist crap. A "Karen" isn't color specific. She's any woman that messes with any people (no color required) that are minding their own business. Only you would apply it as a white vs black term.
Wrong. Just search YouTube and see what I’m talking about. It kinda started with “BBQ Becky”. The white woman who called the police on blacks BBQing on a park. When the police came she started crying crocodile tears, utilizing her white woman privilege card. After that several videos of these women matriculated over and over. Separate names developed for each. Then, someone decided to name them all “Karens” and it stuck.

• Haha
Wrong. Just search YouTube and see what I’m talking about. It kinda started with “BBQ Becky”. The white woman who called the police on blacks BBQing on a park. When the police came she started crying crocodile tears, utilizing her white woman privilege card. After that several videos of these women matriculated over and over. Separate names developed for each. Then, someone decided to name them all “Karens” and it stuck.
You just divide and divide while lying every day. Why should anybody listen to anything you say? People look at you as the board clown.

You are a buffoon.

I know you love to pick out isolated incidents that someone captured on their iPhone and scream "See, there's racism! I proved it!"
It doesn't prove anything.
Sort of like how that Vaughn Booker incident in southern Indiana backfired on him when he tried to cry racism.

Don’t shoot the messenger.
You'll be happy to know that I'm attending a 'diversity' career fair this week as a hiring manager representing my company. Most of the candidates will be 'diverse' (whatever that means, but I'm assuming non-white).
I'll have the authority to put people into the offer process on the spot.
Should I take race into consideration during the interview process?

You'll be happy to know that I'm attending a 'diversity' career fair this week as a hiring manager representing my company. Most of the candidates will be 'diverse' (whatever that means, but I'm assuming non-white).
I'll have the authority to put people into the offer process on the spot.
Should I take race into consideration during the interview process?
Just give equal consideration to the non-white candidate as you would a white candidate. If the non-white candidate has the better credentials, they should be hired and vice versa.

• Haha
Just give equal consideration to the non-white candidate as you would a white candidate. If the non-white candidate has the better credentials, they should be hired and vice versa.
I don't care what color their skin is, what gender they are or whether my gaydar is going off. If they're the best qualified candidate, interview well, present themselves professionally, then they'll get strong consideration.
Despite the best woke efforts of my company at the corporate level, no one is getting extra points for being a 'diversity' candidate.

Yeah those Neurosurgeons are all just stupid and incapable of doing anything else. Are you just picking on Carson, because he's Black and doesn't share your ideology?

Nobody is saying that just the Black Cabinet members are incompetent. Pretty much all of them are regardless of race or gender. When you have an incompetent's President making the selections, it shouldn't be surprising that he'd pick an incompetent staff, since he didn't want anyone to show him up.
Isn’t that the dude who claims to speak for black people, but if one disagrees with Him he hits them with a slur?

This is the typical “Karen”. This incident happened to Terrell Owens just a day or so ago. Yes, former WR in the NFL. At the 3:00 mark in the video is when the true “Karen” comes out when she starts “crying” when the police show up. She uses her white woman privilege card with precision. These “Karens” throughout history have gotten black folks killed. The most famous “Karen” is Carolyn Bryant Dunham. The one that got Emmitt Till lynched in 1955.

Last edited:
This is the typical “Karen”. This incident happened to Terrell Owens just a day or so ago. Yes, former WR in the NFL. At the 3:00 mark in the video is when the true “Karen” comes out when she starts “crying” when the police show up. She uses her white woman privilege card with precision. These “Karens” throughout history have gotten black folks killed. The most famous “Karen” is Carolyn Bryant Dunham. The one that got Emmitt Till lynched in 1955.

According to your narrative EVERY white person has killed black people. What a sad, deluded, racist, hate-filled life you lead.

According to your narrative EVERY white person has killed black people. What a sad, deluded, racist, hate-filled life you lead.
Nope, I never said such a thing and you know it. Pointing out racism is not hate-filled. Don't flip it back to the person who points it out. Participating in racism is hate-filled like these "Karens" and others that have committed more egregious racist acts. I now see why y'all don't want black history taught in schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT