ADVERTISEMENT

Racism in America

Includes Mexico too.

There’s plenty of racism in the world, tons of it targeting every race known to man. Many Japanese hate Koreans. Many Chinese think they are the master race. Many Arabs hate Pashtun…

Doesn’t make any of it right nor does that mean we shouldn’t root it out in our own country.

There’s plenty of racism in the world, tons of it targeting every race known to man. Many Japanese hate Koreans. Many Chinese think they are the master race. Many Arabs hate Pashtun…

Doesn’t make any of it right nor does that mean we shouldn’t root it out in our own country.
I totally agree with your comment GR. There are many Americans including some of this board have said that only whites can be racists. That of course is totally untrue. That is my point.

How do you plan to root it out, especially, when the empty suit in the WH keeps sowing the seeds of racial division? Does it really help anyone, when Biden does a rant about White Supremacy? The great Uniter has made this country as divided as I've ever seen it. Perhaps toning down all the Racial rhetoric and Gender rhetoric, where everyone focuses on differences, rather than things we share in common, it might start cooling things down.

Unfortunately, divide and conquer is modus operandi for the Dems. For decades they've sought to create racial animus and now they're breaking down all the various sexual groupings and pitting them against each other, as well. Make them hate each other, proclaim yourself the Champion for all their rights and hope to cash in at the ballot box. Rinse - Repeat...

The Dems used to be active in fighting for Women's rights and now, magically, women NO LONGER EXIST. They've been replaced by Birthing Persons and Menstruating Persons and the mindless drones parrot those words and never give a thought to "What happened to the Women?". We have a new Supreme Court appointee, who could not even define what a woman was in her Congressional hearing.

Racism will continue to exist as long as we have one Party, which thrives on Identity Politics, where the only things that seems to matter are your skin color, ethnicity and sexual orientation. All you have to do is look at Biden's cabinet, who were all chosen because of Identity Politics. Competence was definitely not a factor that was considered. Heck, Biden even bragged about all the Firsts he had in various positions in his Cabinet.

If you want to end racism, people need to spend more time focusing on all the things they have in common, and become more tolerant of our differences. It works. My two best friends for the last 30 years are Black & Hispanic. I'm a German immigrant. We've developed enough trust & respect for each other that we can discuss all sorts of third rail subjects and no one becomes defensive or argumentative. We don't agree on everything, but we understand why we each believe the way we do and accept it.

I also have Black neighbors, who live on either side of me and across the street from me. Football is what got us past the initial introductions. I'm a Boiler & Gator fan and my neighbors are Gator, Seminole and Longhorn fans. We've been in each others houses, enjoyed cookouts together and have spent countless hours solving the world's problems over a cold beer.

My basic philosophy is that I don't care what the container looks like, I want to get to know the person inside, then assess, whether we're going to be friends. I've met people of all races and ethnicities that I've liked and I've know people of all races & ethnicities, who I didn't like. Neither race nor ethnicity was a factor either way.

Last edited:
How do you plan to root it out, especially, when the empty suit in the WH keeps sowing the seeds of racial division? Does it really help anyone, when Biden does a rant about White Supremacy? The great Uniter has made this country as divided as I've ever seen it. Perhaps toning down all the Racial rhetoric and Gender rhetoric, where everyone focuses on differences, rather than things we share in common, it might start cooling things down.

Unfortunately, divide and conquer is modus operandi for the Dems. For decades they've sought to create racial animus and now they're breaking down all the various sexual groupings and pitting them against each other, as well. Make them hate each other, proclaim yourself the Champion for all their rights and hope to cash in at the ballot box. Rinse - Repeat...

The Dems used to be active in fighting for Women's rights and now, magically, women NO LONGER EXIST. They've been replaced by Birthing Persons and Menstruating Persons and the mindless drones parrot those words and never give a thought to "What happened to the Women?". We have a new Supreme Court appointee, who could not even define what a woman was in her Congressional hearing.

Racism will continue to exist as long as we have one Party, which thrives on Identity Politics, where the only things that seems to matter are your skin color, ethnicity and sexual orientation. All you have to do is look at Biden's cabinet, who were all chosen because of Identity Politics. Competence was definitely not a factor that was considered. Heck, Biden even bragged about all the Firsts he had in various positions in his Cabinet.

If you want to end racism, people need to spend more time focusing on all the things they have in common, and become more tolerant of our differences. It works. My two best friends for the last 30 years are Black & Hispanic. I'm a German immigrant. We've developed enough trust & respect for each other that we can discuss all sorts of third rail subjects and no one becomes defensive or argumentative. We don't agree on everything, but we understand why we each believe the way we do and accept it.

I also have Black neighbors, who live on either side of me and across the street from me. Football is what got us past the initial introductions. I'm a Boiler & Gator fan and my neighbors are Gator, Seminole and Longhorn fans. We've been in each others houses, enjoyed cookouts together and have spent countless hours solving the world's problems over a cold beer.

My basic philosophy is that I don't care what the container looks like, I want to get to know the person inside, then assess, whether we're going to be friends. I've met people of all races and ethnicities that I've liked and I've know people of all races & ethnicities, who I didn't like. Neither race nor ethnicity was a factor either way.
Biden did not choose his cabinet because of identify politics. This is called diversity. Something that the Republican Party need a lesson or 2. Not only are his cabinet diverse, prior to their appointments, their credentials were impeccable. Def. Sec Austin was not just a n’er do well whose mom and dad dragged him to the army recruiting office to keep him out trouble. Austin is a West Point grad with a distinguished military record of command. I give Bush the Younger credit for selecting Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell for his cabinet. Where were you only white men got these roles? Highly qualified blacks and other minorities were passed up for these positions. Now more women minorities are getting their long due and now you have a problem with it. Seems like you white men feel threaten by all of this diversity.

You say that you have black and Hispanic friends/neighbors. Have you express to them your dislike of diversity. I bet not. Because of those friends you have, you should be happy, at least for them that more minorities are getting selected in high profile positions.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
Biden did not choose his cabinet because of identify politics. This is called diversity. Something that the Republican Party need a lesson or 2. Not only are his cabinet diverse, prior to their appointments, their credentials were impeccable. Def. Sec Austin was not just a n’er do well whose mom and dad dragged him to the army recruiting office to keep him out trouble. Austin is a West Point grad with a distinguished military record of command. I give Bush the Younger credit for selecting Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell for his cabinet. Where were you only white men got these roles? Highly qualified blacks and other minorities were passed up for these positions. Now more women minorities are getting their long due and now you have a problem with it. Seems like you white men feel threaten by all of this diversity.

You say that you have black and Hispanic friends/neighbors. Have you express to them your dislike of diversity. I bet not. Because of those friends you have, you should be happy, at least for them that more minorities are getting selected in high profile positions.
BS his cabinet was picked on what minority he could find , he has unqualified people just because of that . Obama did the same crap. If his administration amounted to a good goddamn then fine but it doesn't . Do you have any white friends you bitch to constantly about racism your lack of diversity even in your own race?

Diversity? The actual results of Biden & his cabinet's work is all Americans care about.

Right now America isn't too impressed.

Diversity? The actual results of Biden & his cabinet's work is all Americans care about.

Right now America isn't too impressed.
sorry but it is a fact of % of population and who has experience to warrant the job at this point. Hire them at lower levels and see but you cant jump off the deep end and just hire pete because he is gay , or someone black or female or a lesbian etc. We aren't talking about the local school board or the town parade committee here.

BS his cabinet was picked on what minority he could find , he has unqualified people just because of that . Obama did the same crap. If his administration amounted to a good goddamn then fine but it doesn't . Do you have any white friends you bitch to constantly about racism your lack of diversity even in your own race?
So who is more qualified as Sec of Defense, Lloyd Austin or Donald Rumsfeld?

sorry but it is a fact of % of population and who has experience to warrant the job at this point. Hire them at lower levels and see but you cant jump off the deep end and just hire pete because he is gay , or someone black or female or a lesbian etc. We aren't talking about the local school board or the town parade committee here.
You guys immediately assume that if they are black or black and female they are not qualified. That they were just given those positions. How many white male cabinet members in history that were absolutely horrible. Perhaps they got those positions because they were white males. How well did Def Sec Westmoreland handle the Viet Nam war? He obviously was not qualified for his job.

What is pete qualified to be? How about the lesbian black press secretary? You really think the best qualified just happened to be black, female and gay?
First of all, you did not answer my question.

Anyway, I’m not into that gay/lesbian agenda stuff. However, they got the jobs and doing great at it. No worse than any previous white males. How did Spicer do? He was a white male press secretary that was way over his head. Hucklebee was fine but McEnany, white female, was horrible. Pierre’s background stacks up to both Hucklebee and McEnany.

You guys immediately assume that if they are black or black and female they are not qualified. That they were just given those positions. How many white male cabinet members in history that were absolutely horrible. Perhaps they got those positions because they were white males. How well did Def Sec Westmoreland handle the Viet Nam war? He obviously was not qualified for his job.

Results show their lack of quality.

But you are correct in that we have had poor results from other admins. Still, ALL because of poor hiring based on something other than actual qualifications.

In the case of many in the past military the "good old boy" or "he is a great person" substituted for actual qualifications, drive & character that stand out in the field.

Political favors is another way unqualified came to the forefront ahead of actual qualifications.

But bad examples from the past do NOT ok bad examples on this admin.

These people currently have been selected based on checking a box & political favors. Their poor results for America show that.

Lol you can barely talk. What are “identify politics” and what does “not only are his cabinet diverse” mean? Mental illness detected here.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Results show their lack of quality.

But you are correct in that we have had poor results from other admins. Still, ALL because of poor hiring based on something other than actual qualifications.

In the case of many in the past military the "good old boy" or "he is a great person" substituted for actual qualifications, drive & character that stand out in the field.

Political favors is another way unqualified came to the forefront ahead of actual qualifications.

But bad examples from the past do NOT ok bad examples on this admin.

These people currently have been selected based on checking a box & political favors. Their poor results for America show that.
I hear what you are saying. But no one questioned their qualifications like folks hear are doing with Biden’s minority selections. We can argue back and forth whether Biden’s selections are performing well or not. What you can’t argue is that their background qualifications are comparable or exceed past admin selections.

Did Chump check the boxes when he selected Dr. Ben Carson as Sec. of HUD? A neurosurgeon? Y’all said nothing about that.

I hear what you are saying. But no one questioned their qualifications like folks hear are doing with Biden’s minority selections. We can argue back and forth whether Biden’s selections are performing well or not. What you can’t argue is that their background qualifications are comparable or exceed past admin selections.

Did Chump check the boxes when he selected Dr. Ben Carson as Sec. of HUD? A neurosurgeon? Y’all said nothing about that.

Diversity as a PRIMARY selection criteria is actually racist at worst and always just wrong.

Without character, drive, intellegence, and actual relevant accomplishments that tell one results will be expected.

Carson's relevant criteria for selection was intellegence foremost, secondary, drive, additionally a life of great accomplishments, and finally his life experience. Moreover, those selection characteristics were proven 100% correct by Carson getting results.

The current group isn't pleasing America because of their racist & box checking selection was put IN FRONT of predictive characters for success & results.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS UNDER SECRETARY CARSON

Diversity as a PRIMARY selection criteria is actually racist at worst and always just wrong.

Without character, drive, intellegence, and actual relevant accomplishments that tell one results will be expected.

Carson's relevant criteria for selection was intellegence foremost, secondary, drive, additionally a life of great accomplishments, and finally his life experience. Moreover, those selection characteristics were proven 100% correct by Carson getting results.

The current group isn't pleasing America because of their racist & box checking selection was put IN FRONT of predictive characters for success & results.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS UNDER SECRETARY CARSON
First of all if this country would not have suppressed blacks and other minorities since it’s inception, you would not have to force diversity. However, Biden found qualified folks that happened to be minorities. Again, what makes Lloyd Austin not qualified to be Def. Sec.? You guys like to undervalue these folks because of their ethnicities. You mention the accomplishment of Dr. Ben Carson HUD. What he did was what he was supposed to do. You can list accomplishments of all the folks that held cabinet and other positions in any administration including Biden.

What about the white folks in the Biden cabinet and administration? I don’t see y’all going after them as being incompetent. Just focusing on the blacks and other minorities’ qualifications.

Reactions: BoilerBiker
Only racist people FORCE diversity.
Nope, forcing diversity corrects the wrongs of Jim Crow in America where many qualified blacks were passed up; could not work, go to school, promotions etc. if you don’t like it, now you see what blacks have gone through for over 400 years.

Nope, forcing diversity corrects the wrongs of Jim Crow in America where many qualified blacks were passed up; could not work, go to school, promotions etc. if you don’t like it, now you see what blacks have gone through for over 400 years.

While what you say MIGHT be ok in the 60s and 70s.....maybe 80s. That time is over.

We are long, long past that. It is now 2022,...57+ years past the last JC laws which stopped in 1965, and mostly before that. 57+ years. Give it up.

Thus, the racist antiquated notion of FORCED diversity, just for its sake, needs to go away. It is as WRONG now as the Jim Crow laws were then.

Normal society should be based on your record and accomplishments .....not your skin color or one's woke social group.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
While what you say MIGHT be ok in the 60s and 70s.....maybe 80s. That time is over.

We are long, long past that. It is now 2022,...57+ years past the last JC laws which stopped in 1965, and mostly before that. 57+ years. Give it up.

Thus, the racist antiquated notion of FORCED diversity, just for its sake, needs to go away. It is as WRONG now as the Jim Crow laws were then.

Normal society should be based on your record and accomplishments .....not your skin color or one's woke social group.
Sorry, not my argument......but you say it MIGHT be ok in the 60s and 70s?

People of color were being denied their constitutional rights and economic opportunities all across this country on a daily basis. In some cases it was the POLICY of organizations and businesses to do so.

There were two solutions. Let it continue until society changed.......or force it to happen through laws.

It's at least a reasonable argument that these policies might not be necessary 60 years later. But to make that statement about the 60s clearly says something about your true feelings on the matter.

People of color were being denied their constitutional rights and economic opportunities all across this country on a daily basis. In some cases it was the POLICY of organizations and businesses to do so.

There were two solutions. Let it continue until society changed.......or force it to happen through laws.

It's at least a reasonable argument that these policies might not be necessary 60 years later. But to make that statement about the 60s clearly says something about your true feelings on the matter.
People like Boiler Buck and others are so cultural conditioned that they marginalize minorities and can’t seem to realized that they are just as qualified for these positions as whites.

Like usual, you misqoted me due to your poor reading comp. ....

I said might have been useful in 60s, 70s & 80s. but are antiquated racist & non-needed woke efforts now in 2020s.

You are for some reason taking issue with the word "might". While my focus per above is the timeline. We are passed the time for FORCED diversity or woke selection based on box checking. Its just wrong.

First of all if this country would not have suppressed blacks and other minorities since it’s inception, you would not have to force diversity. However, Biden found qualified folks that happened to be minorities. Again, what makes Lloyd Austin not qualified to be Def. Sec.? You guys like to undervalue these folks because of their ethnicities. You mention the accomplishment of Dr. Ben Carson HUD. What he did was what he was supposed to do. You can list accomplishments of all the folks that held cabinet and other positions in any administration including Biden.

What about the white folks in the Biden cabinet and administration? I don’t see y’all going after them as being incompetent. Just focusing on the blacks and other minorities’ qualifications.
I'll help you out. Yellen = incompetent, Buttigeg = incompetent, Klain = incompetent. That's three white folks and I can't think of a white member of the inner circle that is competent.

People like Boiler Buck and others are so cultural conditioned that they marginalize minorities and can’t seem to realized that they are just as qualified for these positions as whites.

Minorities or woke culture marginalize themselves by promoting and backing racist selection based first, second, or any level, on box checking in todays age.

One day hopefully you will be better than that.

The day race or wokeness is no longer a primary. secondary selector, or any level of selector....that is the day racism dies.....

But you likely don't want that.

Last edited:
Like usual, you misqoted me due to your poor reading comp. ....

I said might have been useful in 60s, 70s & 80s. but are antiquated racist & non-needed woke efforts now in 2020s.

You are for some reason taking issue with the word "might". While my focus per above is the timeline. We are passed the time for FORCED diversity or woke selection based on box checking. Its just wrong.
Lol. I quoted you exactly.

You don't need to repeat it.......but maybe you need to clarify. Just going by what you said. Might means what it means...... especially when you CAPITALIZE it. It means you're not sure, maybe, or it's a possibility. Is that what you meant?

I'm taking issue because your post reads as if you're not sure "forced diversity" was necessary........you don't believe minorities were denied opportunities or you were content to let it go on......or just not sure.

If you meant to say the changes were necessary in the 60s and 70s......then just say it.

• Haha
No Bob. No you didnt.

My quote included the 80s. Yours did not.

Wrong....again.
Are you freakin kidding me? Is this a joke?

You'd have been better off just not replying.......but you just have to say something........even if it has absolutely nothing to do with the argument.....and I just have to be in the wrong about something.

I would be embarrassed to post what you did. The deflection from a serious topic to a meaningless date is so overwhelmingly obvious......as is your reluctance to address your position. You are being intellectually dishonest.

I guess your reply means I'm right. That you aren't sure that measures needed to be taken to help level the playing field for minorities in the 60s, 70s.......and yes the 80s. You believe enacting those policies might not have been the right thing to do.

WWJD. Your sympathy for your fellow man is contemptible.

Are you freakin kidding me? Is this a joke?

You'd have been better off just not replying.......but you just have to say something........even if it has absolutely nothing to do with the argument.....and I just have to be in the wrong about something.

I would be embarrassed to post what you did. The deflection from a serious topic to a meaningless date is so overwhelmingly obvious......as is your reluctance to address your position. You are being intellectually dishonest.

I guess your reply means I'm right. That you aren't sure that measures needed to be taken to help level the playing field for minorities in the 60s, 70s.......and yes the 80s. You believe enacting those policies might not have been the right thing to do.

WWJD. Your sympathy for your fellow man is contemptible.

Bob as usual, wrong.......and when called out for being wrong, as usual responds with a long blah...blah rant.

Minorities or woke culture marginalize themselves by promoting and backing racist selection based first, second, or any level, on box checking in todays age.

One day hopefully you will be better than that.

The day race or wokeness is no longer a primary. secondary selector, or any level of selector....that is the day racism dies.....

But you likely don't want that.
Was Chump woke when he selected Carson and Cho to be in his cabinet? What about Bush the Younger. Was he woke when he selected Powell and Rice in his administration? Why is it that when a democratic president selects a black person to be in the cabinet, they are being woke? When a Republican president selects a black person, they are qualified?

I'll help you out. Yellen = incompetent, Buttigeg = incompetent, Klain = incompetent. That's three white folks and I can't think of a white member of the inner circle that is competent.
Now you name them because you got called out on it. The only one to do so by the way.

Now you name them because you got called out on it. The only one to do so by the way.
I didn't get called out on it. You never asked before but to help you out even more thr problem with the Biden administration is not diversity. The problem is that not one of his cabinet members were put in positions they were qualified for and have proven it by not being able to respond appropriately when problems arise in their supposed areas of expertise.

Reactions: bonefish1
Bob as usual, wrong.......and when called out for being wrong, as usual responds with a long blah...blah rant.
Wrong about leaving "80s" off my reply to your post? Is that really what you're talking about? Something else?

Nevermind that you won't even address your statement that correcting racial inequities in the 60s might have been the right thing to do.

If "woke" was a thing in the 60s, I have no doubt you would have used it to refer to the laws that attempted to level the playing field for minorities.......... as you cried about racism toward whites.

Another hypocritical Christian whose principles are race dependent.

With all due respect, I'm sure that you want to believe everything you said, but these selections did nothing to help minorities. Biden crowed about each of his appointments, as "Firsts" of their race, gender or sexual orientation, spiking the football about all these historic appointments. Unfortunately, putting unqualified people into positions, where they're likely to fail & embarrass themselves does NOT further the argument for diversity.

You mention Austin and it seems that he had an illustrious career, but looking at the terrible job he's done as SecDef, it appears that he's climbed the ladder to his level of incompetence. (Peter Principle). He looks good and he's articulate, so he kept getting promoted as an example to minorities that there isn't a glass ceiling.

I'm basing my assessment on his approving the tragic departure from Afghanistan. As badly as that mission was botched, with the loss of lives and the way they abandoned Americans and Afghgani interpreters and Billions of dollars worth of equipment/cash just shows me how poorly planned it was. Austin, Milley & McKenzie (CentCom) should have all offered their resignations, if they didn't think Biden's timeline was workable or should have resigned after the fact for how badly it was executed. Unfortunately, none of them took responsibility, nor appeared to have any opposition to the way it was handled.

Do you really think Biden helped Minorities by announcing in advance that he was going to have a Black Female as his VP and a Black Female as his next SC nominee. When he announces it that way, it's pretty obvious it's all about virtue signaling his Identity Politics appointments. He'd have helped minorities a lot more, if he had just announced who his running mate & SC nominees were and made a big deal about their qualifications AFTER he had announced their names. He wasn't concerned about them. It was just Joe patting himself on the back for making so many Diversity hires.

When you go down the list of names of Biden's Cabinet, there are very few, if any, who are even remotely qualified for their positions. I could list them all, but this post is already too long, so I'll close with Transportation Sec - Mayor Pete, the Pothole King of South Bend, whose only qualifications were he was openly gay and he has a Driver's License. He took off two months on Paternity/Maternity leave in his first ten months on the job, as the country had multiple issues with the supply chain and Pete was nowhere to be found.

BTW, I don't dislike diversity, but when you assemble a WH Staff, the primary consideration should be Competence, NOT Diversity. There are a lot of Diverse people, who are competent, but Biden didn't appoint many of them.

Last edited:
No, we didn't immediately assume they were incompetent, because they were minorities or gay. We've had 1.5 years of experience with them, in which they proved their incompetence.

Do you really feel that Kamala could run the country? She's failed at every task she's been assigned and is only competent in cackling and generating word salads. Biden is neither Black nor female and I have no doubt that he's unqualified to be President, but we're stuck with him.

I've NEVER seen two more unqualified people in the WH.

You view everything through a Racial prism and I don't. In politicians, I want them to be competent and I really don't care about race. Regarding my friends, race has never been a consideration. I chat with people and we either find common ground and become friends or we move on in other directions. When people have to check certain boxes to become a friend, you really limit yourself.

No, we didn't immediately assume they were incompetent, because they were minorities or gay. We've had 1.5 years of experience with them, in which they proved their incompetence.

Do you really feel that Kamala could run the country? She's failed at every task she's been assigned and is only competent in cackling and generating word salads. Biden is neither Black nor female and I have no doubt that he's unqualified to be President, but we're stuck with him.

I've NEVER seen two more unqualified people in the WH.

You view everything through a Racial prism and I don't. In politicians, I want them to be competent and I really don't care about race. Regarding my friends, race has never been a consideration. I chat with people and we either find common ground and become friends or we move on in other directions. When people have to check certain boxes to become a friend, you really limit yourself.
“I've NEVER seen two more unqualified people in the WH.” What? You clearly and purposely forgot about Bush/Cheney? The blood of 1,000s US soldiers are on their hands with their lies of weapons on mass destruction in Iraq.

As far as the Chump Administrstjsn, what qualified Dr. Ben Carson for HUD secretary? A neurosurgeon. He was horrible. Dr. Becky Devoss was clearly underqualified and over her head in the Education department? She knew nothing about public education. Pence never set the world on fire as VP either.

It seems like with you guys, if a Republican President selects a minority, they are qualified and no boxes were checked. Now, Biden and Obama selects minorities and all of sudden they are not qualified. No mention of white males in prior US administrations that jacked this country up from time to time since 1776.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT