ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue's Mount Rushmore

Aug 31, 2015
Just for fun, who did you put on your Mt Rushmore?

I had Wooden, Mount, JBC, and Robbie. ... If that Mt Rushmore were real though, I picture Coach Keady screaming at Rowinski and Scheffler to bust through the rock.

Aaaannnnddddd .... discuss

I like the idea that we include White in our Mount Rushmore discussions, but I always that Ukari Figgs was the better player.
I recall when White went down in the NC game, it seemed like Ukari took over and won that game pretty much single handedly. I recall her bringing the ball down and the Duke players seem to be afraid of her, backing up a bit, unsure of what she was going to do to them. That was a fun game to watch. .

Reactions: punaj
I like the idea that we include White in our Mount Rushmore discussions, but I always that Ukari Figgs was the better player.
I recall when White went down in the NC game, it seemed like Ukari took over and won that game pretty much single handedly. I recall her bringing the ball down and the Duke players seem to be afraid of her, backing up a bit, unsure of what she was going to do to them. That was a fun game to watch. .

I don't know that I'd agree that Figgs was the better player but I thought the two were close and Figgs didn't get nearly the recognition she deserved but I don't think that bothered her at all. Probably why that team was so good. Many good players that didn't really care who got the credit for anything.

I had Wooden, Mount, JBC, and Robbie. ... If that Mt Rushmore were real though, I picture Coach Keady screaming at Rowinski and Scheffler to bust through the rock.

Wooden, Lambert, Keady, TBD

Wooden, Mount, Brees and Big Dog

Honorable mention.....Keady, Keys, Woodson, Robbie

Basketball only - all male:
You might hate me, but I'm not sure I'd put Wooden on there. Not that Wooden is not deserving, but he played so long ago that coverage of college basketball was no where near what it would become.

I think I'd go, Dischinger, Mount, JBC, Robinson

If I added a female, I would go Katie Douglas before White and remove JBC from the original four.

My in

My four were; Wooden, Dischinger, Mount and Robinson. Tough to leave Hummel and Moore off the list.
but just don't see how I could eliminate any of the four above.

Basketball only - all male:
You might hate me, but I'm not sure I'd put Wooden on there. Not that Wooden is not deserving, but he played so long ago that coverage of college basketball was no where near what it would become.

I think I'd go, Dischinger, Mount, JBC, Robinson

If I added a female, I would go Katie Douglas before White and remove JBC from the original four.

I'm going to get pounced on for this but here goes anyway. I watched every game Big Dog played and agree he is the best basketball player ever to wear a Purdue uniform. But when I think of Mount Rushmore Boilers I have a real bias for guys that stayed for their entire eligibility plus I believe the criteria includes more than an absurd skill set. So to your list I remove Robinson and add Robbie.

Reactions: IamBob and mathboy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT