ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue's massive Wide Receiver room

72Boiler

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2017
I'm absolutely amazed with the impressive WR group that Brohm has assembled over the last several years. I thought it would be fun to take a look at this group of young men, and see if we can learn more, or something, about some of these guys. So, drawing from a roster from Purdue Sports (GoldandBlack still has the 2019 roster), I came up with 18 guys, plus Rondale Moore. Please add to this thread, any interesting information, for any of these guys. So here they are, in no particular order (accept the obvious):

1. Rondale Moore R-So.
2. David Bell So.
3. Amad Anderson So.
4. Jackson Anthrop 5th
5. Jared Sparks 5th
6. Milton Wright So.
7. Mershawn Rice R-Fr
8. TJ Sheffield R-Fr
9. Marcellus Moore Fr
10. Abdur- Rahmann Yaseen Fr
11. Maliq Carr Fr
12. Collin Sullivan Fr
13. Camdyn Childers R-Fr
14. Grant Summers R-Fr
15. Alex Maxwell Fr
16. Daniel Roach Fr
17. Andrew Sowinski Fr
18. Jake Smith Fr
19, Kory Taylor So.

Last edited:
I'm absolutely amazed with the impressive WR group that Brohm has assembled over the last several years. I thought it would be fun to take a look at this group of young men, and see if we can learn more, or something, about some of these guys. So, drawing from a roster from Purdue Sports (GoldandBlack still has the 2019 roster), I came up with 18 guys, plus Rondale Moore. Please add to this thread, any interesting information, for any of these guys. So here they are, in no particular order (accept the obvious):

1. Rondale Moore R-So.
2. David Bell So.
3. Amad Anderson So.
4. Jackson Anthrop 5th
5. Jared Sparks 5th
6. Milton Wright R-Fr
7. Mershawn Rice R-Fr
8. TJ Sheffield R-Fr
9. Marcellus Moore Fr
11. Maliq Carr Fr
12. Collin Sullivan Fr
13. Camdyn Childers R-Fr
14. Grant Summers R-Fr
15. Alex Maxwell Fr
16. Daniel Roach Fr
17. Andrew Sowinski Fr
18. Jake Smith Fr
19, Kory Taylor So.

Wright isn’t a redshirt. He played more than 4 games last year.

Reactions: BlkGoldHoops
Cue rant about not recruiting big offensive linemen in 3, 2, 1...
Brohm just sucks at everything. His recruiting has been subpar relative to Hazell and Hope. He can barely beat OSU. Don't get me started with his general lack of integrity. And dammit, can't he just recruit big freshman O-lineman that can play immediately? Completely unacceptable performance. I wouldn't pay him $1MM a year, much less $5 or $6.

Does that work for you?

Yes, and that would make him a Sophmore. I read that one wrong, thank you.
He is a sophomore. but he still has 4 more years to play though now? Is that correct with the new NCAA rule that they added a year to everyone's eligibility?

He could actually play 5 years for us even if he never has to use a redshirt year. Am I understanding that new rule correctly that they put into place with COVID?

I know 2020 is going down in the record books now matter what happens in the future with other years, and we still have an election to get through still in 2020.

He is a sophomore. but he still has 4 more years to play though now? Is that correct with the new NCAA rule that they added a year to everyone's eligibility?

He could actually play 5 years for us even if he never has to use a redshirt year. Am I understanding that new rule correctly that they put into place with COVID?

I know 2020 is going down in the record books now matter what happens in the future with other years, and we still have an election to get through still in 2020.

This season does not count against eligibility.

The number of eligible seasons will be the same going into next season (2021).

1. Rondale Moore R-So.
2. David Bell So.
3. Amad Anderson So.
4. Jackson Anthrop 5th
5. Jared Sparks 5th
6. Milton Wright R-Fr
7. Mershawn Rice R-Fr
8. TJ Sheffield R-Fr
9. Marcellus Moore Fr
11. Maliq Carr Fr
12. Collin Sullivan Fr
13. Camdyn Childers R-Fr
14. Grant Summers R-Fr
15. Alex Maxwell Fr
16. Daniel Roach Fr
17. Andrew Sowinski Fr
18. Jake Smith Fr
19, Kory Taylor So.
So who will throw them the ball? Purdue Pete?

The funny thing about our current WR haul is that this was one of the areas where Brohm (and he was right) said was one of our weakest areas when he first arrived at Purdue. We really had very little at WR for playmakers. That is why he had to go the JC route so much for a couple of years.

Now, if we can just get our OL improved and LBs (hopefully Yanni is listening) and throw in another couple of DTs then we would be even better as a team.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
I am really happy we will have Anthrop for a 6th year, presumably. Great guy to have available...

The whole thing with the eligibility is really odd, and we'll have to see how it plays out. One hypothetical I've had with it is, a true freshman, in theory, could play all 9 games this year - maybe on special teams but still, - come back and play 4 games in 2021, redshirt, and then come back in 2022 with 4 years of eligibility remaining?

The whole thing with the eligibility is really odd, and we'll have to see how it plays out. One hypothetical I've had with it is, a true freshman, in theory, could play all 9 games this year - maybe on special teams but still, - come back and play 4 games in 2021, redshirt, and then come back in 2022 with 4 years of eligibility remaining?

Again, it's fairly straightforward: this year does not apply toward eligibility. All normal rules apply for next year and beyond.

I have struggled to figure out how this is going to play out over the next few years and don't envy the coaches who have to plan accordingly. At first it seems like a real log jam. But how many guys, especially the ones that took advantage of the new redshirt rules, are actually going to stick around for an extra year? Most seniors will either go to the draft, get passed over by younger players, or decide their bodies have seen enough wear and tear. Those that return for the extra year will probably be in the single digits each year, a small fraction of their original recruiting class, with that number dwindling between 2021 and 2024.

Eligiblity would be 2 for Moore, 3 for Bell.

I know you wrote "tic". We already know Moore's future. We probably have Bell next year, but not beyond that.
I don't believe that's correct. The first post was right. Moore is currently a RS Sophomore if he wants to be. He only played in 4 games last year. With this year not counting, he could still be a RS sophomore NEXT year. Bell would be a true Sophomore next year.

I don't believe that's correct. The first post was right. Moore is currently a RS Sophomore if he wants to be. He only played in 4 games last year. With this year not counting, he could still be a RS sophomore NEXT year. Bell would be a true Sophomore next year.

So, I'm correct about Bell, but mis-calculated on Moore.

Regardless, I was still correct. Moore is gone after this season. Bell, likely departing after next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT