ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue wins at the buzzer, gets tourney's fifth seed (link)

KODK

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Too bad MSU lost or Purdue would have had the fourth seed.

Link: Win

Too bad MSU lost or Purdue would have had the fourth seed.

Link: Win
What a thrilling game. Purdue survived its dry spell and found a way to win in the end. (But it was hard to understand what the refs were looking at on our previous possession when they gave the ball back to us. Oh well, we had some calls go against us too.) It is disappointed MSU could not beat Nebraska but on the other hand it gives us a chance to win one more game in the tournament that we SHOULD win. Congrats to Morrissette and Perry for their season and Coach Versyp as well.

What a thrilling game. Purdue survived its dry spell and found a way to win in the end. (But it was hard to understand what the refs were looking at on our previous possession when they gave the ball back to us. Oh well, we had some calls go against us too.) It is disappointed MSU could not beat Nebraska but on the other hand it gives us a chance to win one more game in the tournament that we SHOULD win. Congrats to Morrissette and Perry for their season and Coach Versyp as well.

Live, I thought that ball definitely hit off Morrissette's foot. But looking at it on replay, it looks like ball hit Morrissette's foot, then glanced off a Northwestern player's foot, then out of bounds.

What a heart stopper! Now this team could play its way into the dance, but short bench may send us to the NIT. If we get by I presume Nebraska which may have secretly switched teams in the middle of the night, we will get a crack at Indiana because there will be a lot of pride on the line. Morrisette did not have her best game at all, a lot of Jeckyl and Hyde here best manifested in key air ball that helped win the game. She will be missed next year as PG is a huge mystery and that is not good. Perry played her heart out, sometimes more heart than talent, but she does impact the games and did hit her FTs. But Odom is the player of the game for us. If she does not step up, we lose for sure. Keys of course cannot be ignored. Like Perry, more grit than talent, but she comes thru--obviously. Good shot for a 20 win season. If we do go in the NIT, I could see us making some real noise which might be best for the younger, promising players.

Reactions: DocRon
What a heart stopper! Now this team could play its way into the dance, but short bench may send us to the NIT. If we get by I presume Nebraska which may have secretly switched teams in the middle of the night, we will get a crack at Indiana because there will be a lot of pride on the line. Morrisette did not have her best game at all, a lot of Jeckyl and Hyde here best manifested in key air ball that helped win the game. She will be missed next year as PG is a huge mystery and that is not good. Perry played her heart out, sometimes more heart than talent, but she does impact the games and did hit her FTs. But Odom is the player of the game for us. If she does not step up, we lose for sure. Keys of course cannot be ignored. Like Perry, more grit than talent, but she comes thru--obviously. Good shot for a 20 win season. If we do go in the NIT, I could see us making some real noise which might be best for the younger, promising players.
" Nebraska which may have secretly switched teams in the middle of the night" Haha. Clever but may be true.

I think Murphy could be a very good point guard. She will redshirt soph, so with Harris, Oden, and Cooper, there is a very good nucleus.

Agree, Murphy did show some good things but is very inexperienced which is difficult in the BT. But Keys and Oden did play that position some which is really critical. Getting an effective Horrocks back will be huge, so to speak. Harris should be a star. We should have some depth too. I think this team is capable of repeating this year's success.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT